Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao vs Cotto

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Cotto

I gotta be honest, im very confident in a Cotto victory. This is a tough fight to call on paper, but the thing that tips the scales for me is that Cotto has done much, much more at 140 and above than Paquiao has, and he is more proven. Not as a fighter, but as a Welterweight. Put Cotto in with the Hatton and Oscar that Manny fought, and he beats them in similar fasion imo or if not, neither of them win a round. Either way he wins. If you put Manny in with Shane, Clottey, Zab, Marg, any of those guys, he struggles every time, althought I suspect he would beat one of them. I dont think Cotto is "great", but who says its going to take a great Welterweight to beat Manny, maybe all it will take is a good one. That said, if Manny does pull it off, it will be the biggest accomplishment of his career and he will deserve all the praise he gets. I just dont see how he will win.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Cotto will knockout the ugly little pug within 8 rounds. Manny is heading towards a thrashing and it has been a long time coming. I will be glad to see this time finally arrive.
    Everytime you favor a fighter to win against Pac, Pac wins.

That's the reason I voted for Pac.
    That is quite true. Manny has been a thorn in my side for quite some time. But lest we forget, I was actually willing him on against the ultimate devil incarnate....Oscar DelaHoya. On the whole though and in the superfights I have been pretty much in the opposing corner. I've got to be right one day. I don't know when that day might be, but surely that day will come. That's how I look at it anyway.
    I am going with Pac in this one. I used to think Roach was full of shit but everything he says something it comes to be. In the 1st JMM fight in round 5-7 he begs Pac not to let JMM take over the fight. Pac goes on to lose those rounds. In 2nd JMM fight you could read between the lines in Roach's remarks (lacking confidence) that he does not believe Pac won. It's not what you say but how you say it.

Roach also predicts easy wins vs ODLH (says he can no longer pull the trigger) and Hatton (points out poor defense). Now he says Pac needs to train in Mexico and take this fight more serious:

Hmmmmm can be interpreted 2 ways 1) Motivates Pac, 2) Pac not serious. I'll take option 1, he Knows Cotto is a shot fighter after being Plastered by Margarito. His job is to not to allow Pac to accept that fact.

It is Roach's demeanor that further convinces me that JMM won both fights. Roach calls them as he sees them .......

Except towards Pac, he's gotta protect his man... Protect his "Money"
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 09-06-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao beats Cotto. Speed kills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post

Everytime you favor a fighter to win against Pac, Pac wins.

That's the reason I voted for Pac.
    That is quite true. Manny has been a thorn in my side for quite some time. But lest we forget, I was actually willing him on against the ultimate devil incarnate....Oscar DelaHoya. On the whole though and in the superfights I have been pretty much in the opposing corner. I've got to be right one day. I don't know when that day might be, but surely that day will come. That's how I look at it anyway.
    I am going with Pac in this one. I used to think Roach was full of shit but everything he says something it comes to be. In the 1st JMM fight in round 5-7 he begs Pac not to let JMM take over the fight. Pac goes on to lose those rounds. In 2nd JMM fight you could read between the lines in Roach's remarks (lacking confidence) that he does not believe Pac won. It's not what you say but how you say it.

Roach also predicts easy wins vs ODLH (says he can no longer pull the trigger) and Hatton (points out poor defense). Now he says Pac needs to train in Mexico and take this fight more serious:

Hmmmmm can be interpreted 2 ways 1) Motivates Pac, 2) Pac not serious. I'll take option 1, he Knows Cotto is a shot fighter after being Plastered by Margarito. His job is to not to allow Pac to accept that fact.

It is Roach's demeanor that further convinces me that JMM won both fights. Roach calls them as he sees them .......

Except towards Pac, he's gotta protect his man... Protect his "Money"
    Roach doesn't seem so sure of a Manny victory this time around, based on all of his comments from the beginning. I mean, he has said Manny will win, but if you read between the lines, Roach is giving Cotto much more respect than he did Hatton and de la Hoya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    Cotto boxes like a throwback, he's old school and he listens to instructions and doesn't deviate from the game plan. That is what nearly did him in against Clottey. He doesn't shift his body like he used to and Manny won't fall for that and now Cotto gets hurt, he bleeds, he gets knocked down. He's formidable but his opposition has been more than tough and in one case less than fair. He can still win if he doesn't stiffen up. He should relax and let go like he used to. Manny on the other hand has an uninhibited style like a Hank Armstrong and like it or not, when he gets warmed up, he can hide behind his combination punches. I think he can pull it off he's fast but to knock out Cotto, I don't believe so. If Manny stops punching then Cotto's strength will take over but so far unless that training camp becomes unglued not that it seems cohesive now, then points for Cotto. Manny can only win if he goes in with his mind and ass unf**ked.
    There is this false perception that Cotto is a bleeder. Cotto has only been cut ONCE from a punch and that was his lip in the Judah fight. He also bled from the nose in the Margarito fight. All other bllod came from headbutts against known headbutters (Urkal, Mosley, and Clottey). I don't think Manny will cut Cotto with any of his punches. And if he does, Cotto will fight as if there is no cut. He has done it Manny, Manny times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    Cotto boxes like a throwback, he's old school and he listens to instructions and doesn't deviate from the game plan. That is what nearly did him in against Clottey. He doesn't shift his body like he used to and Manny won't fall for that and now Cotto gets hurt, he bleeds, he gets knocked down. He's formidable but his opposition has been more than tough and in one case less than fair. He can still win if he doesn't stiffen up. He should relax and let go like he used to. Manny on the other hand has an uninhibited style like a Hank Armstrong and like it or not, when he gets warmed up, he can hide behind his combination punches. I think he can pull it off he's fast but to knock out Cotto, I don't believe so. If Manny stops punching then Cotto's strength will take over but so far unless that training camp becomes unglued not that it seems cohesive now, then points for Cotto. Manny can only win if he goes in with his mind and ass unf**ked.
    There is this false perception that Cotto is a bleeder. Cotto has only been cut ONCE from a punch and that was his lip in the Judah fight. He also bled from the nose in the Margarito fight. All other bllod came from headbutts against known headbutters (Urkal, Mosley, and Clottey). I don't think Manny will cut Cotto with any of his punches. And if he does, Cotto will fight as if there is no cut. He has done it Manny, Manny times.
    You're Puerto Rican so obviousley rooting for Cotto. Just a tip don't let heart rule your head. It happened to me when Hatton fought Pacquiao. Hatton's bigger, he's at 140 etc. You think your boy will win then fine. But Pacquiao is just a fukking animal in the ring. So don't be too disappointed when Cotto gets beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    You're Puerto Rican so obviousley rooting for Cotto. Just a tip don't let heart rule your head. It happened to me when Hatton fought Pacquiao. Hatton's bigger, he's at 140 etc. You think your boy will win then fine. But Pacquiao is just a fukking animal in the ring. So don't be too disappointed when Cotto gets beat.
    Thanks for the advice Lefty, and in some ways you are absolutely right. But I pride myself in thinking with my head and not my heart. I was very concerned when Cotto fought Margarito, Clottey, and Mosley and predicted close fights without a clear cut winner. But I was quite sure that Cotto would defeat Judah and I am sure Cotto will defeat Manny.

itouchpinoy Guest

Speed is the key on this fight. I don't know if Cotto can hit Pacquiao with clear shot. Pacquiao will use the ring and will do some combo. In and out all day. Another David Diaz in the making.

"Hit and don't get hit" that will be the strategy of Team Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by itouchpinoy View Post
    Speed is the key on this fight. I don't know if Cotto can hit Pacquiao with clear shot. Pacquiao will use the ring and will do some combo. In and out all day. Another David Diaz in the making.

Shouldn't you be off getting arrested for molestation?

I've highlighted the two sentences why you will never be taken seriously by a single poster on this forum (bar maybe one of your fellow Pacophiles).

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I've highlighted the two sentences why you will never be taken seriously by a single poster on this forum (bar maybe one of your fellow Pacophiles).
    He's been around quite a bit, he's just been using his other account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the advice Lefty, and in some ways you are absolutely right. But I pride myself in thinking with my head and not my heart. I was very concerned when Cotto fought Margarito, Clottey, and Mosley and predicted close fights without a clear cut winner. But I was quite sure that Cotto would defeat Judah and I am sure Cotto will defeat Manny.
    I hope Cotto does win, I really do. He seems a cool guy. And I bet your country love him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Is it true you are going to unban SaddoBoxer for this fight ? How funny would that be. I've actually missed his annoying posts in a weird way.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it true you are going to unban SaddoBoxer for this fight ? How funny would that be. I've actually missed his annoying posts in a weird way.
    As I said before......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I don't miss that little pathetic turd one bit.

Oh BTW, I don't think I have to say who I'm picking.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't unban anybody. I seriously doubt Saddo would do that thought. You say "is it true...", implying that people have been speculating that he will be unbanned?

Addicted to_boxing Guest

You should either be banned for such a poor comparison in quality Diaz to Cotto or receive the "Golden Pac Nuthgger Dick in Mouth Award"

Thread Information