Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mayweather comes back and beats a lightweight now they have ranked #1 at WW?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather comes back and beats a lightweight now they have ranked #1 at WW?

What a fucking joke?!?!?!?

BoxRec Boxing Records
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather comes back and beats a lightweight now they have ranked #1 at WW?

Everybody knows Boxingrec rankings are garbage. Yet ya'll muthafukkas still pay attention to them. Why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather comes back and beats a lightweight now they have ranked #1 at WW?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Everybody knows Boxingrec rankings are garbage. Yet ya'll muthafukkas still pay attention to them. Why?
    Yeah anyone that even pays attention to their ratings needs to be bitch slapped.

I won't be surprised if he is No.1 on someones ratings though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM was also dropped completely off of their top 25 p4p rankings. And Mosley is higher than Pac
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather gains a #10 ranking at welterweight according to Saddoboxing.
    He was the lineal champ when he retired and had a win against the #2 p4p guy, because of all the circumstances surrounding the fight and the WW division as a whole #10 is a fair rank. If he wants to move up, he needs to beat someone ranked higher (i.e. a Welterweight), simple as.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    He was the lineal champ when he retired and had a win against the #2 p4p guy, because of all the circumstances surrounding the fight and the WW division as a whole #10 is a fair rank. If he wants to move up, he needs to beat someone ranked higher (i.e. a Welterweight), simple as.
    Killer, let's not pretend there aren't some major problems in our ranking system. I don't care how good the division is, no way is Mayweather not one of the top 5 at 147. Isaac Hlatshwayo, Luis Collazo, Manny Pacquiao & Zab Judah have not beaten people at Welterweight worthy of them being better.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Killer, let's not pretend there aren't some major problems in our ranking system. I don't care how good the division is, no way is Mayweather not one of the top 5 at 147. Isaac Hlatshwayo, Luis Collazo, Manny Pacquiao & Zab Judah have not beaten people at Welterweight worthy of them being better.
    Thing is Floyd said the "r" word "Retired" so now what has he done since then? A very convincing win and impressive performance, but not very relevant to the Welterweight division really. Isaac Hlatswayo beat Rodriguez from the pool who is a legit Welter, Collazo you have a point he really hasn't had any real success in quite a few years on paper but he had a very close fight with Berto, also a legit Welter. Pacquiao beat ODLH who against some of our better judgements was ranked as a Welter, he may legitimize this in the Cotto fight. Win or lose Pac's place at Welterweight will be legit. Judah is on his way out as well, 3 months til we boot him.

If you feel strongly about Floyd moving up, you could always put forward a motion to bump him for your manager vote next month.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Thing is Floyd said the "r" word "Retired" so now what has he done since then? A very convincing win and impressive performance, but not very relevant to the Welterweight division really. Isaac Hlatswayo beat Rodriguez from the pool who is a legit Welter, Collazo you have a point he really hasn't had any real success in quite a few years on paper but he had a very close fight with Berto, also a legit Welter. Pacquiao beat ODLH who against some of our better judgements was ranked as a Welter, he may legitimize this in the Cotto fight. Win or lose Pac's place at Welterweight will be legit. Judah is on his way out as well, 3 months til we boot him.

If you feel strongly about Floyd moving up, you could always put forward a motion to bump him for your manager vote next month.
    I grant Rodriguez, but I was never that impressed by him. I've got a lot of other thoughts on it, but we'll save that for the ratings board, like the secretive trolls we are

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your rankings are great Killer, but it's almost certain Mayweather will get voted into 1st or 2nd on the P4P list.

No.10 in his division No.1 P4P
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Your rankings are great Killer, but it's almost certain Mayweather will get voted into 1st or 2nd on the P4P list.

Ironic yes, but not without method. p4p is always subjective, Weight class rankings are much less subjective you don't have to wonder "all things being equal would fighter x beat fighter y, there are higher ranked fighters especially at WW that have fought each other. While Jaz brings up very good points, the rankings are still in their infancy and need more time to work things out (about 6 more months to be precise) the initial votes have created some irregularities, but those will expire in March. As for you Fenster, why don't you become a manager? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Ironic yes, but not without method. p4p is always subjective, Weight class rankings are much less subjective you don't have to wonder "all things being equal would fighter x beat fighter y, there are higher ranked fighters especially at WW that have fought each other. While Jaz brings up very good points, the rankings are still in their infancy and need more time to work things out (about 6 more months to be precise) the initial votes have created some irregularities, but those will expire in March. As for you Fenster, why don't you become a manager? Your input would be greatly appreciated.
    Mate, I'm far to cynical and lazy to be part of the ratings committee. You guys are doing a great job as it is.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information