Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strategies that backfired big time!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Strategies that backfired big time!

If only I could witness Mayweather snr blocking some punches with his face. Now that I'd pay to watch! Mayweather snr vs a Klitsckho, that would be worth every penny of my ppv cash!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    If only I could witness Mayweather snr blocking some punches with his face. Now that I'd pay to watch! Mayweather snr vs a Klitsckho, that would be worth every penny of my ppv cash!
    Think about that one for a second... you want to watch an old man with a terminal disease beaten up on by 2m+ of pure muscle

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is quite notorious that I dislike Mayweather to the highest degree but that, I wouldn't want to see... to see him lose, fair, but not to see him beaten to pulp by a much bigger and heavier opponent, there would be no reward in victory, just a shame to have mangled a much smaller opponent from Vitali plus Vitali is too classy to let anything like that to happen.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Here's Roger taking several punches to the head....what was that Roger? The Mid-West produces the best fighters ever?? Well I think Julio Cesar Chavez disagrees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbL-jL48e6A

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Think about that one for a second... you want to watch an old man with a terminal disease beaten up on by 2m+ of pure muscle

I love some of the stuff I read around here. Timeless!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get why everybody says "hatton trying to be slick".

When did he ever try to be slick? With Mayweather in his corner he boxed a little more than normal against paulie - and won by a country mile.

When Pac Man obliterated him he wasn't slick AT ALL... unless walking forwards ina straight line swinging with haymakers, gloves down and chin up is considered slick.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was only joking lads!

As much as I don't like either Mayweather, I doubt either me or the general public would want to see an old man be pounded/ killed by a big Klitscho meathead!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post

When did he ever try to be slick? With Mayweather in his corner he boxed a little more than normal against paulie - and won by a country mile.

When Pac Man obliterated him he wasn't slick AT ALL... unless walking forwards ina straight line swinging with haymakers, gloves down and chin up is considered slick.
    OK Adam, then perhaps people could question him changing trainers so late in his career or fighting Pacquiao to begin with.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was only joking lads!

As much as I don't like either Mayweather, I doubt either me or the general public would want to see an old man be pounded/ killed by a big Klitscho meathead!
    I thought it was quite funny!

Hopkins deciding to take the first half of the fight off both times against Taylor proved pretty costly. I thought he did enough to edge the first fight, but there was no reason why he didn't do anything at all for so long each time. That backfired when it came to those dodgy old men who are supposed to score fights.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

OK Adam, then perhaps people could question him changing trainers so late in his career or fighting Pacquiao to begin with.
    To be fair, billy graham was jank
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

He was surrounded by yes men and graham bought into all the hype and basically did nothing more than condition hatton, I don't think changing team was a bad idea... just doing it so late.

Thread Information