Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather. NO win situation.

Who can PBF fight and get props for. I dont care if he fight hopkins people will still hate on him. Hopkins was old fight somebody young.

Lets start with PAC.

Can we agree that a PBF PAC fight is the fight people wanna see.
    Now what will people say if PBF wins this fight? I wanna hear your responses.

2nd i wanna hear what people will say if PBF beats Shane since that another fight people are hungry for.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather. NO win situation.

If he beats Pacquaio to the haters it won't mean anything. After his complete domination of Marquez they will have already dismissed Manny as too small.

Realistically Manny doesn't offer much at all to challenge Floyd imo so hopefully Cotto smashes Manny and then we will have a decent fight to look forward to there.

Mosely is the guy he needs to face imo, he's proven world class, the current Ring champ at welter I believe and more than anyone deserves a top fight.

Aside from Mosely Paul Williams would be the biggest test.

I actually posted a couple of years ago saying I believed Williams would beat Floyd and everyone laughed at me. Now I believe it would be the consensus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Boxer View Post
    Who can PBF fight and get props for. I dont care if he fight hopkins people will still hate on him. Hopkins was old fight somebody young.

Lets start with PAC.

2nd i wanna hear what people will say if PBF beats Shane since that another fight people are hungry for.
    I just posted a video on my site. Team Pacquiao wants nothing to do with Mayweather for several reasons.

We may be looking at a Marquez/PAC Trilogy.

Floyd is being treated about as bad a Margarito, also see video on my site about Margaritos options once he returns.

Only time will tell but Floyd retired while the iron was hot, he left a lot of unfinished business. Came back, said he had a hit list, dog ate the hit list. Shane calls out Floyd, Floyd pee's all over himself. Floyd left and as I predicted, he waited until the welter began to destroy each other and now he wants to feed on the carcass left behind? <-- Cotto.

Floyd has been campaigning as a welter for about 5 years and yet when was the last time he faced a real welter?

How is Floyd even ranked as the number two welter weight by Ring mag is beyond me.

I would much rather see Pac vs Marquez III than Pac vs PBF.

It's obvious floyd came back only for the money. He said it himself the other day while talking to Ruggedman.

Fighters should just ignore Mayweather and go on about thier business as usual. What else is there to say?

We have to wait 12 days before we continue this conversation.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with Bilbo he needs to fight Shane before he gets a zimmer frame.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hillarious....people hate floyd for fighting for money yet all these guys come out of the woodwork to beg for a fight against a guy they say isn't shit and can't draw blah blah blah. So hate him for making money but quick to try everything to get him in the ring to get a piece of it. All these guys have said it over and over floyd is a fake champion, sucks so on and so forth so fight paul williams, oh but wait taking the easiest fight for the biggest money isn't so stupid all of the sudden, so we'll avoid paul like the plague.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The haters will always have some excuses
    Manny would be to small
    Shane to old
    Its one thing to say your the best, another to prove it
    Fight Manny, fight Shane, fight Cotto, fight Williams
    Floyd would probably beat them all
    But it means more to do it, than to just talk about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes PAC will all of a sudden become a blown up feather weight after PBF beats him. Even though many people claim PBF needs to fight PAC to challege himself.

Shane will called another old past his prime fighter after PBF beats him.

Paul Williams will be called overrated if he gets beat by PBF.

Cotto will be said to be ruin by Margarito if PBF beats him.

Now if PAC beats all the above mention after PBF beats them people will act like he's the greatest ever.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    If he beats Pacquaio to the haters it won't mean anything. After his complete domination of Marquez they will have already dismissed Manny as too small.

Realistically Manny doesn't offer much at all to challenge Floyd imo so hopefully Cotto smashes Manny and then we will have a decent fight to look forward to there.

Mosely is the guy he needs to face imo, he's proven world class, the current Ring champ at welter I believe and more than anyone deserves a top fight.

I actually posted a couple of years ago saying I believed Williams would beat Floyd and everyone laughed at me. Now I believe it would be the consensus.
    Mosley, Cotto and Williams for me. If he beats all three of them there can be no justification for any criticism of Floyd. However, it is very unlikely Floyd will take on and beat all of them. We will be very lucky to see him in there with even one of them. You get the impression that Floyd couldn't care less about trying to prove himself a great. Too much gay love for his 0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I would like to see Floyd against Mosley, but I don't see what problems Mosley truly posses to Floyd, he's a great athlete, but his offense is such that Mayweather would have no problem defending against it, and Mayweather would have an even easier time hitting MOsley.

Williams can't deal with movement, and even though he is so tall, he doesn't have the kind of jab that Hearns had to properly impose himself on opponents. I think he's still easy to hit if you can reach him, and Mayweather has to the speed to pot shot him all night. Williams is really good against stationary fighters, but not against movement.

Cotto I think is a great fighter for FLoyd to face, I think Floyd clearly wins this even if Cotto beats PAcquiao, but Floyd is easiest to hit in the body, there is no more accurate guy then Cotto when they have you on the ropes, and Cotto is a similar, but better version of Jose Luis Castillo who gave Mayweather all types of problems when they fought, I think if Cotto came in sharp he would have be the best challenge for Floyd.

If Berto can beat Mosley, I think he will prove himself a valid opponent for Floyd, but thats a huge IF. I think if he can refine his talent, that Berto could be truly special, but he better hurry up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    The haters will always have some excuses
    Manny would be to small
    Shane to old
    Its one thing to say your the best, another to prove it
    Fight Manny, fight Shane, fight Cotto, fight Williams
    Floyd would probably beat them all
    But it means more to do it, than to just talk about it
    That's true... And sometimes during some fighters legacies, there just isn't the opposition there for them to confirm their greatness..

But you can at least shut the critics up and force them to admit "at least he took on the best that he could".. Even if some people will never give a fighter the props they deserve, EVERYONE recognizes some who takes on the toughest challengers that are out there for them...

A fighter can't say "Well I won't get props from everyone for winning that fight, so there is no point winning it"...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd needs to fight Mosley, Cotto, Berto and Pacquiao if he wins. Mosley keeps calling out Floyd, but Floyd keeps ducking him. Floyd never mentions Cotto. Floyd only mentions little guys with popularity and a large following. The typical low risk, very high reward. That's what Floyd is these days. It's as clear as day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think thats bullshit.

Any knowledgeable boxing fan would give Mayweather credit for beating the likes of Cotto, Mosley, etc.

Those who don't are called haters, all top fighters get them.

Floyd gets more hate than most top fighters because of his cocky immature attitude.

Lets not try make out Floyd is all innocent.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Boxer View Post

Lets start with PAC.

The Boxer, this isn't brain surgery. Floyd needs to fight any of the proven dominant fighters at 147 including Shane, Paul, or Cotto (I would include Margarito but Margarito doesn't deserve that pay day). All three have mixed up in the ring and done more at welterweight than PBF.

In my opinion, and Pacquiao may prove me wrong, but 147 is too big for Manny and he'll lose against Cotto. I think Manny should fight in and around 140. However, the bigger names are in the welterweight division, which may prove to be Pac's downfall.

Floyd has fought at welterweight for five years and has not fought any of the dominant fighters at that weight and in the same time period he has fought two fighters who are naturally smaller than him at 147. Morevoer, welterweight is one of the deeper divisions in boxing. I find it ironic that Pacquiao is actually fighting Cotto before Floyd. And although I don't think Pacquiao will beat Cotto, if he did beat Cotto, it really would be something, win or lose, if Pacquiao then fought Shane before Floyd.

Anyway, none of this would matter at all if Floyd wasn't considered and didn't claim to be the greatest fighter on earth.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-03-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    Floyd needs to fight Mosley, Cotto, Berto and Pacquiao if he wins. Mosley keeps calling out Floyd, but Floyd keeps ducking him. Floyd never mentions Cotto. Floyd only mentions little guys with popularity and a large following. The typical low risk, very high reward. That's what Floyd is these days. It's as clear as day.
    Like Hatton, Baldomir, Judah, Oscar De La Hoya, Corrales, Castillo? They were all naturally bigger than him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    Like Hatton, Baldomir, Judah, Oscar De La Hoya, Corrales, Castillo? They were all naturally bigger than him
    Corrales and Castillo were years ago and floyd got credit for those wins...Hatton was limited at WW. Floyd got credit for judah and Baldomir. Oscar had lost 4 out 5 before taking the big payday fight against floyd.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information