Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto is not the star of the show..Arum

In the FIREPOWER presscon,Bob Arum admits Cotto is not the star of the show come Nov.14 fight.Cotto is looking lucid,gloomy,but with due respect to the man,he carried himself rather well throughout the ceremony.

Obviously Cotto is the clear underdog in this fight.To compound Cotto's miseries,when WBC secretary general Mauricio Sulaiman presented the DIAMOND BELT,which is to be awarded to the fight's winner.He couldnt hold the heavy belt well while doing his speech,so he intentionally handed the belt to MANNY while smiling .I maybe supertitious but i can feel what Cotto was feeling all this time.

But i have my hats off to Cotto's gentleman actuations during those awkward situations.He is one cool fighter.
    Nonito Donaire will soon be a name to reckon with...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto is not the star of the show..Arum

Quote Originally Posted by happytrip View Post
    In the FIREPOWER presscon,Bob Arum admits Cotto is not the star of the show come Nov.14 fight.Cotto is looking lucid,gloomy,but with due respect to the man,he carried himself rather well throughout the ceremony.

Obviously Cotto is the clear underdog in this fight.To compound Cotto's miseries,when WBC secretary general Mauricio Sulaiman presented the DIAMOND BELT,which is to be awarded to the fight's winner.He couldnt hold the heavy belt well while doing his speech,so he intentionally handed the belt to MANNY while smiling .I maybe supertitious but i can feel what Cotto was feeling all this time.

But i have my hats off to Cotto's gentleman actuations during those awkward situations.He is one cool fighter.
    hmmm i can see you're pulling words out of the Don King dictionary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by happytrip View Post

hmmm i can see you're pulling words out of the Don King dictionary
    Whats the problem againlolz
    Nonito Donaire will soon be a name to reckon with...

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares what Arum thinks. Cotto is a star.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well its not a controversial statement but kind of a pointless thread, no? Oh well not the first by any means.

Maybe we could make just one big Cotto-Pacquaio thread? I don't know, its probably not important.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Cottos demeanor is typical of his pre-fight history. I wouldn't read too much into it. If anything .. it burns him to the core and makes him fight harder to show everyone up. I don't think it will make a shred of difference. There's a big difference between the intent to do something and having the ability to pull it off.
    Manny could obliterate Cotto/pull off a decision or Cotto could manage to catch him with a hard shot. Personally, I think its Manny's fight to lose, but either way, I doubt Cotto would say after a victory "Bob pissed me off when he said I wasn't the star... so I decided to not lose like I originally thought I would... the belt was so pretty, I had to win.. it goes perfect with my rhinestone versace shades!!!"

or after a loss, say:

"I was ready to kill manny, but then when i found out i wasn't the star at the last press conference, the shock to the system became too much me to handle and I decided to just go into the ring and wing it, ricky hatton style..."

Everythings that needed to be settled except for the weigh-in has been settled before now and its just downtime reaction before the first bell. Different guys just react different to it. Everybody gets a little nervous; some people mask it with a smile, content they did the work they needed to be ready and others might be all business and don't have that calm come over them till the bell rings; Others till they have survived the first punch or first round. Its different for lots of fighters.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information