Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather to fight Quintana, Salita or Matthew Hatton in the UK?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather to fight Quintana, Salita or Matthew Hatton in the UK?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather to fight Quintana, Salita or Matthew Hatton in the UK?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.......that is quite sad!

How anyone can try and defend that is way beyond me. Mayweather is back and ONLY for the money. Of this there can be no doubt. If these fights are made then people should really wash their hands of Mayweather once and for all.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 11-19-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No sources? I doubt it's true... A few weeks ago we heard Mayweather wanted to fight Chavez Jr... that died so im hoping this will too. The Pacquiao fight is too much money to turn away... If it's true i will lose tons of respect for Floyd...
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he is using it as a tune up while he waits for the Pac fight i cant see a problem with it. If Pac has a busted ear drum and broken hand he might be out for a bit.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it's just a tune-up prior to a show-down with Pacquiao then I have no problem with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    If he is using it as a tune up while he waits for the Pac fight i cant see a problem with it. If Pac has a busted ear drum and broken hand he might be out for a bit.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather just fought a podgy blown up LW and people are trying to justify another "tune up"?

These tune ups will have consisted of an entire year of the mans career and will even then net him a fortune because ignorant people will be duped into believing that the fights have significance.

I see no justification in fighting any of these fighters.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quintana can't be considered a smaller fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by purtyboy View Post
    Agreed
    I can agree if Pac is going to be healing from his injuries. Pac is allowed that and PBF must fight on. Otherwise, PBF needs to go right at Pac. But I really am not the type to read an internet story that reveals no confirmed resources and be all over it like I had an inch to hate. So I will disregard this story until further proof like the other 5 or 6 PBF rumors I've read on an internet story that revealed no confirmed resources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Mayweather just fought a podgy blown up LW and people are trying to justify another "tune up"?

These tune ups will have consisted of an entire year of the mans career and will even then net him a fortune because ignorant people will be duped into believing that the fights have significance.

Not a tune up fight but if Pac is injured and is going to be out for a while it makes sense to fight some tune-up type of fighter till Pac returns.. Ofcourse that's pending on Pac's status

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quintana would be a tough opponent for a tune up. i think Hatton and Salita would be a waste of time tho.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quintana would be a tough opponent for a tune up. i think Hatton and Salita would be a waste of time tho.
    Mayweather talks about not wanting to face fighters because of losses on their records. In that sense why on earth would he consider fighting a guy Paul Williams went and blasted out in a round? I agree that Quintana is better than the other two, but it is not a fight that anyone has any expecations of and surely wasn't the reason Mayweather came back. Or perhaps it was....the path to make money for the least risk possible? It's been a well worn road for Mayweather in recent years.

Thread Information