Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do catchweight affect Manny's fights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do catchweight affect Manny's fights?

Some people discredit the Pacman for his catchweight fights. So what do you think about it. Do you think it would matter if he fought at normal weights?w or even better what if he fought over the normal weight? (Like 149 for a welterweight fight instead of 145). If they don't make a difference, why do his team insist on catchweight instead of letting him fight without any doubt at established weights? That would at least clear this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do catchweight affect Manny's fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Zylaoker View Post
    Some people discredit the Pacman for his catchweight fights. So what do you think about it. Do you think it would matter if he fought at normal weights?w or even better what if he fought over the normal weight? (Like 149 for a welterweight fight instead of 145). If they don't make a difference, why do his team insist on catchweight instead of letting him fight without any doubt at established weights? That would at least clear this issue.
    Well i doubt Pac would fight above the welter weight limit of 147 surely 149 would make a big difference. To be fair I think Manny would beat Cotto if the fight was at that weight but it's more of a principle thing of setting a limit for your opponent of 145 when the real limit is 147... Why his team insist on catchweights i have no idea.. I mean if Pac can only make 145 thats fine let his opponent come in at 147 if he wants dont say " well if pac can't make it you cant either " especially in title fights.. thats just my opinion though
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you're an idiot. Maybe we shoud start a poll

I don't know, what would Manny do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think all this catchweight talk on this site is totally F-en lame. Some of these morans should learn a little bit about boxing weight classes.

A Welterweight fight is any fight at any weight at all between 141lbs up to 147lbs. When Ray Leonard, weighing 146lbs fought Hearns weighing 145lbs it was for the Welterweight Championship of the World? Why? But they didn't weight 147lbs It's because you don't have to weight excatly 147lbs!!!

If Pacman (or anybody else) says if you want to make $$ fighting me, well, I fight at 145lbs, come get some.

How come everybody wasn't getting bent outta shape when Diaz & Paulie fought at 138 1/2lbs??

Retarded...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jdonaher1 View Post
    I think all this catchweight talk on this site is totally F-en lame. Some of these morans should learn a little bit about boxing weight classes.

A Welterweight fight is any fight at any weight at all between 141lbs up to 147lbs. When Ray Leonard, weighing 146lbs fought Hearns weighing 145lbs it was for the Welterweight Championship of the World? Why? But they didn't weight 147lbs It's because you don't have to weight excatly 147lbs!!!

If Pacman (or anybody else) says if you want to make $$ fighting me, well, I fight at 145lbs, come get some.

How come everybody wasn't getting bent outta shape when Diaz & Paulie fought at 138 1/2lbs??

Retarded...
    What excatly is a moran?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Zylaoker View Post

Catchweights? you mean non regullar weight divisions?

He had only the 145 contracted weight with Cotto.

he's 149 fight night with regular meals. Guys like Margarito and Mosley are 160+ fight night.

But i agree. team pac should not ask for catchweights at welter. It looks like pac doesnt need it despite relatively being smaller

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think catchweights effect Manny's fights. I don't whether it had a negative effect on Cotto though. Until the uppercut, if anything he looked faster and sharper. I don't know if his chin was effectced too because he got straight up after the 1st KD and the uppercut was just perfect. He also took some very hard punches later on which could have put him down. However, I felt that his power was slightly lower though this may be due to him deciding to throw more punches in bunches. The combo where he landed the uppercut between Pacquiao's gloves (I think it was a left hook to body, left uppercut to head, overhand right to head then left hook to head) was beautiful as were the body punches he threw after defending Pacquiao's left hook? to the body.

Thread Information