Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget The Amir Khan Fight.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Forget The Amir Khan Fight.

What a great performance from Kevin Mitchell, truly a masterclass well done to you Kevin Mitchell. You made Britain proud today.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forget The Amir Khan Fight.

well said mate

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a great performance but let's be honest, if Amir had fought Prescott again tonight and won exactly the way Mitchell did all everyone would be saying is that Prescott was just shit anyway as proved by his last loss to an unknown.

You can't forget the Amir Khan fight, he sparked an undefeated, number one ranked contender (yes I know not ring ranked but organisation ranked) and he did him in 76 seconds.

I can't recall any British fighter in recent times defending a world title with a win inside the first minute and a half of the fight.

I think Lennox Lewis might have beaten a couple in the first round like that but outside of him I can't think of any British fighter who has demolished a fighter in one round in a world title fight that like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    What a great performance from Kevin Mitchell, truly a masterclass well done to you Kevin Mitchell. You made Britain proud today.
    I agree that was the fight of the night and he has done us proud. Stuck to the gameplan like shit on a blanket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Impressive win by Khan. Why would anyone want to forget that? Give the guy a credit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    It was a great performance but let's be honest, if Amir had fought Prescott again tonight and won exactly the way Mitchell did all everyone would be saying is that Prescott was just shit anyway as proved by his last loss to an unknown.

You can't forget the Amir Khan fight, he sparked an undefeated, number one ranked contender (yes I know not ring ranked but organisation ranked) and he did him in 76 seconds.

I can't recall any British fighter in recent times defending a world title with a win inside the first minute and a half of the fight.

I think Lennox Lewis might have beaten a couple in the first round like that but outside of him I can't think of any British fighter who has demolished a fighter in one round in a world title fight that like that.
    Bilbo. Shut up mate. Remind us why he was a worthy Khan opponent? He was ranked in accordance to this fight to make the win look good.

Grow up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Congressman View Post
    Impressive win by Khan. Why would anyone want to forget that? Give the guy a credit.
    I'm fed up of you Pac fans sucking on Khans bollocks just because Freddie trains him too. Give it a fucking rest will you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

Bilbo. Shut up mate. Remind us why he was a worthy Khan opponent? He was ranked in accordance to this fight to make the win look good.

Grow up.
    He's been the mandatory for about a year now since he fought on the Calzaghe undercard. When Kotelnik beat Maidana he became the #1. Regardless of whether he deserved it or not, it had nothing to do with Khan or Warren.

ICB Guest

You can't say Amir Khan would of done the same to Breidis Prescott, Kevin Mitchell has a better chin. And much better upper body movement. Breidis Prescott was a live dangerous opponent, and Kevin Mitchell dominated him and won atleast 11 rounds showing very good boxing skill.

Dmitriy Salita was crap and had shown a very weak chin in the past, i mean down twice and scrapping to a draw against a guy with only 2 KO's. Are you kidding me ?

Until Amir Khan fights a puncher or atleast someone with a name, im not giving him any credit until he atleast beats.

Timothy Bradley
    Nate Campbell
    Juan Diaz vs Paul Malignaggi winner
    Devon Alexander
    Kendall Holt
    Mike Alvarado
    Lamont Peterson
    Marcos Rene Maidana

If he beats any of these guys i will be the first to give him credit.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-05-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

Grow up.
    He's been the mandatory for about a year now since he fought on the Calzaghe undercard. When Kotelnik beat Maidana he became the #1. Regardless of whether he deserved it or not, it had nothing to do with Khan or Warren.
    Come on why do you think he was picked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm fed up of you Pac fans sucking on Khans bollocks just because Freddie trains him too. Give it a fucking rest will you.
    Oh so just because Roach trains Pac and Khan I'm instantly a Amir Khan fan now? You added 2 and 2 you came up with 22? Lol. I only said it was an impressive win by Khan, and he deserves some credit for it. This aint even a Pac thread and you brought up his name.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Grow up.
    It was clear Khan would destroy this guy.

I honestly think he'll fight Hatton now too, he's IMO an easy opponent for Khan and another name to look good against. Hatton in his pomp though would have steam rolled Khan. Yes Khan has the better technique butr his chin would collapse as soon as Hatton connected and Hatton would walk through Khan's shot's in his prime!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh so just because Roach trains Pac and Khan I'm instantly a Amir Khan fan now? You added 2 and 2 you came up with 22? Lol. I only said it was an impressive win by Khan, and he deserves some credit for it. This aint even a Pac thread and you brought up his name.
    You know I'm right and so do I.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Grow up.
    I don't know why the WBA ranked him, probably because he was popular in New York & a fight with him would of been good money in MSG. But, he was the #1 mandatory before Khan even fought Barrera. That should tell you that it has sweet fuck all to do with Khan. He had to fight him so that he doesn't have to fight a mandatory for another year.

When he does that person will have to be either the Diaz/Malignaggi winner, Hatton or Kendall Holt. Plus he will most likely have to fight Maidana at some point over the next 6 months. Khan HAD to fight him or lose the belt. Fighting him now means we get to see him take on challenges next year. Surely what we want?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Khan hate is unreal. He wins in 76 seconds and people just rubbish it and say forget that win.

When he beats Juan Manuel Marquez towards the end of next year they will rubbish that too claiming he was clearly past it after losing to Floyd and Amir got him at the right time.

I will of course put up my thread from six months ago when I pointed out this would happen 18 months before and I predicted exactly how the haters would respond even though they rubbished my claims at the time.

But it is as it is, Khan is truly world class. Yes his chin is suspect, but in every other aspect he's as talented as anyone out there and has the potential to beat anyone from 135-140 and and will in time fill out to welterweight too.

Thread Information