Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Adamek v Arreola in the works for 24 April

Boxingscene says HBO want to make this fight, depends what shape Arreloa comes in at.

I think Adamek takes him tko 8 round.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adamek v Arreola in the works for 24 April

It's a fair matchup for Adamek. I think Arreola is beyond awful, a horrible fighter. Adamek has enough to make Arreola swing and miss a lot. I think it probably lasts the distance because Arreola is pretty good at eating punches. But Adamek by a wide decision.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Boxingscene says HBO want to make this fight, depends what shape Arreloa comes in at.

I think Adamek takes him tko 8 round.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    It's a fair matchup for Adamek. I think Arreola is beyond awful, a horrible fighter. Adamek has enough to make Arreola swing and miss a lot. I think it probably lasts the distance because Arreola is pretty good at eating punches. But Adamek by a wide decision.
    Sig bet here fellas. I am a big-time fan of Adamek and believe firmly he belongs at 200. I think his foray into the heavyweight waters for a fight with Golota for a lot of money made sense, but he should return to cruiserweight and clean out the division.

As to this fight, first, Adamek needs to get by Estrada, which won't be as easy as people are making it out to be. Second, and this is addressed to Skel1983, Adamek doesn't have the punch to take out Arreola, if Klitschko can't knock him out, Adamek won't come close. Third, and this is addressed to Miles, you are letting your hate toward Arreola's lack of commitment to the sport reflected in his weight, cloud the fact that he has boxing ability. Seriously, it really isn't logical.

[Tangentially, you must DETEST Odlanier Solis. He is 6'1 1/2" and routinely comes in heavier than Arreola (he weighed 271 pounds for the Monte Barret fight!!!!)].

If Cunningham, a skinny cruiserweight can ding Adamek, Arreola who is a proven puncher at heavyweight should knock him out. It's not like Adamek is a slick mover or a monster-of-a-human like Klitschko. He is 6'1 1/2" and a come-forward fighter. Arreola took care of a game Brian Minto in 4 who is near Adamek's height, weighs the same, and has fought his career at heavyweight although like Adamek he belongs at cruiserweight.

Bad fight for Adamek; great fight for Arreola. Arreola in round 5.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really see all that much ability in Arreola though. I think of him as out of condition and lacking in ability. Now someone like Toney is someone who for me is always out of condition, but actually has skills. Arreola is a big man who can hit fairly hard, but is really quite limited in what he does. It is true that I don't really enjoy the heavyweight division all that much anymore because of all the wobbly tummies and lacklustre fighters.

Arreola is a much bigger man and if he lands will cause some issues, but if Adamek is able to fight smart and take advantage of Arreola's obvious flaws I think he can win. Adamek is the better fighter, it's the size difference that he's up against more than anything. Nothing worse than a sweaty man boob leaning onto your face. It's enough to put any fighter off their game!

I'm up for a little flutter providing the fight comes off.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really see all that much ability in Arreola though. I think of him as out of condition and lacking in ability. Now someone like Toney is someone who for me is always out of condition, but actually has skills. Arreola is a big man who can hit fairly hard, but is really quite limited in what he does. It is true that I don't really enjoy the heavyweight division all that much anymore because of all the wobbly tummies and lacklustre fighters.

Arreola is a much bigger man and if he lands will cause some issues, but if Adamek is able to fight smart and take advantage of Arreola's obvious flaws I think he can win. Adamek is the better fighter, it's the size difference that he's up against more than anything. Nothing worse than a sweaty man boob leaning onto your face. It's enough to put any fighter off their game!

I agree that the heavyweight division is lacking these days even though I disagree with your feelings on Arreola although I concede you are not alone. I'm not comparing the skills of Arreola to the skills of Toney. Far from it. Arreola is a big guy with decent skills. Arreola effectively throws combinations, which is rare for a heavyweight, and has a solid chin. He has heart and unlike the Klitschkos, makes for exciting fights. His fight with Minto was more fun to watch than any Klitschko fight of the last three years. He needs to win once more and then fight a Povetkin, Chambers, or Haye type of opponent.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I agree that the heavyweight division is lacking these days even though I disagree with your feelings on Arreola although I concede you are not alone. I'm not comparing the skills of Arreola to the skills of Toney. Far from it. Arreola is a big guy with decent skills. Arreola effectively throws combinations, which is rare for a heavyweight, and has a solid chin. He has heart and unlike the Klitschkos, makes for exciting fights. His fight with Minto was more fun to watch than any Klitschko fight of the last three years. He needs to win once more and then fight a Povetkin, Chambers, or Haye type of opponent.
    The Minto fight was fun for sure. The fighters you listed might make good fights, I think Sam Peter would be a fairly interesting fight too.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

The Minto fight was fun for sure. The fighters you listed might make good fights, I think Sam Peter would be a fairly interesting fight too.
    And truthfully, regardless of the outcome, so would an Adamek fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Adamek but I think this fight is all wrong for him. Rantacrat is right Adamek is no heavyweight he is a cruiserweight. Arreola would probably come in 60 lbs heavier than Adamek, Adamek is no defensive wizard like Byrd was early on to make the big man miss and pay. For a big man Arreola is pretty accurate with his punches. I could only imagine is Arreola went to the body he would probably break Adamek in half. The only chance Adamek has is too move and simply box his man but the problem is he likes to get in a firefight when he gets tagged a few times. He has to constantly stay on his toes and stay away from Arreola's big right hand. I do not think this is possible so I would say Arreola by TKO around 6 or 7 rounds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a bad feeling about this fight for Adamek. As mentioned above if Vitali couldn't kayo Chris I doubt Tomasz will...although Klitschko mostly throws arm punches these days.

Any idea where this fight will take place? Where the fight takes place and Chris' weight will be the deciding factors for me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is taking place in California, Arreola country. Unfortunately, Chris, like always, will weigh a good 30 pounds more than he should. My guess 255.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Adamek. So I rather not see him take this fight. Cuz it will end badly for him. He'll take the frist couple of rounds with his movements. But Arreola has good hand speed for a fat fukk. And will eventually catch him. And Adamek will go to sleep

El Kabong Guest

I think this is an ok fight for Adamek. Arreola is fat, he's out of shape, and he can be sloppy. Adamek does get hit a little too much, but he's a solid fighter, I think he could take this fight, it's not a slam dunk for Arreola, by no means.

The absolute WORST fight for Arreola would be Eddie Chambers

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not keen on Adamek at full time heavy.Has the tools to bother Arreola but inevitably think sturdy but yes rotund Chris sucks him into a fire fight.Cunningham and Banks freeze Adamek,Arreola able and willing to jump on him for finish.He's proven he can soak up punishment from a monster in Vitali and dont think Adamek keeps his head down the stretch.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adamek can get as wreckless as you'll find when he gets into slug-outs. This will work very poorly for him against Arreola. I like Adamek a lot, but I agree he should stay at Cruiser.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a very interesting fight. I'm not 100% sure who I think will win, but I'm leaning towards Arreola. Both are going to get hit, but Arreola has the better chin and he hits harder. This is a potential FOTY candidate, when was the last time we could say that about a HW fight?

Thread Information