Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How about Mayweather vs. Williams?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How about Mayweather vs. Williams?

Call me crazy but I think this would grab the interest of alot of people. Personally I don't think Floyd would ever let it happen but I think it would be interesting. Williams is bigger, has an enormous work rate, and the wingspan of a dragon. Williams has also shown no problems drifting up and down between weight classes. If PBF did this, I would have alot of respect for the man attempting to cement his legacy. Let me know what you think.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How about Mayweather vs. Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by 15rounder View Post
    Call me crazy but I think this would grab the interest of alot of people. Personally I don't think Floyd would ever let it happen but I think it would be interesting. Williams is bigger, has an enormous work rate, and the wingspan of a dragon. Williams has also shown no problems drifting up and down between weight classes. If PBF did this, I would have alot of respect for the man attempting to cement his legacy. Let me know what you think.
    It would be interesting to see if Williams could still make Welter, I think his body age might be catching up with him. I have no doubt this would have to be at Light Middle. I just checked boxrec Williams official weights since leaving welter have been from most recent 157, 157, 153.5, 157.

I think Williams or Sergio Martinez would be excellent choices. Mosley/Berto winner would obviously be another choice fight.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember at some point a few months ago there were rumors of williams-cintron. That'd be a good one too.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember at some point a few months ago there were rumors of williams-cintron. That'd be a good one too.
    Yeah I think style wise it may be an interesting fight. I'm hoping Cintron/Cotto goes through though that would be a great fight as well.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On a somewhat related note, if Pacquiao goes up to 154 and wins a title by beating Foreman, would Mayweather feel compelled to do the same?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    On a somewhat related note, if Pacquiao goes up to 154 and wins a title by beating Foreman, would Mayweather feel compelled to do the same?
    He may fight someone of a higher caliber hopefully, such as Williams or Martinez.

I mean let's be honest Yuri Foreman IS the Paulie Malignaggi of the light middleweight division (style, skill and power wise) Which means he has a very low danger factor against someone with superior hand and footspeed (e.g. Pacquiao)

On a related note I would love to see them both move up and both lose.

DIVA SMACK............

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    It would be interesting to see if Williams could still make Welter, I think his body age might be catching up with him. I have no doubt this would have to be at Light Middle. I just checked boxrec Williams official weights since leaving welter have been from most recent 157, 157, 153.5, 157.

I think Williams or Sergio Martinez would be excellent choices. Mosley/Berto winner would obviously be another choice fight.
    They can make the fight at 154. Gayweather fought DLH at that weight.

Gayweather will not fight Williams. He decided to retire so he can avoid that man, as far as I know.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it very difficult to believe PBF will fight Williams ever. Go listen to the RA the Rugged Man interview where he states that Williams is too big to fight. Additionally, Williams doesn't have a big fan base.

If you want to figure out who PBF will fight next, look to smaller fighters who are big draws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me, Mayweather is damaged goods now.

No interest in his future fights.

He had the chance against a smaller man and bottled it. He woosed out against an opponent who he said he would beat easiliy.

Thread Information