Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan scared of Maidana?

If this is true Khan is pathetic and doesnt deserve his title, a true champion takes risk's! Be a good fight tho if it happened!

Amir Khan May Vacate if Marcos Maidana is Pushed - Boxing News
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan scared of Maidana?

It will be Fwanks decision. He doesnt want another Prescott scenario. It's a bad decision though, he cant run from anyone with a half decent dig forever.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is a bit sad, but if it turns out to be true I wouldn't be all that surprised. Khan is a fraud and I see nothing in him to change my opinion. Anyone can look flashy against other buffed up nobodies. Stick him in with someone who can punch and take a shot and see where that leads.

What's he going to do? Stand down and fight someone good for no strap or go up to WW?

The guys got to face someone sometime. Might as well face it sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    That is a bit sad, but if it turns out to be true I wouldn't be all that surprised. Khan is a fraud and I see nothing in him to change my opinion. Anyone can look flashy against other buffed up nobodies. Stick him in with someone who can punch and take a shot and see where that leads.

What's he going to do? Stand down and fight someone good for no strap or go up to WW?

The guys got to face someone sometime. Might as well face it sooner rather than later.
    Agreed.

How about Khan moving back down to Lightweight ? And throw him in with Valero, I would love that.

Edit - My son bought me Amir Khan's dvd last year for Christmas. Needless to say he never got the Xbxox 360 he wanted this year.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember growing up watching real fighters bash the fuck out of each other to prove who was the best........Khan is a joke.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G-Force View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Agreed.

How about Khan moving back down to Lightweight ? And throw him in with Valero, I would love that.

Edit - My son bought me Amir Khan's dvd last year for Christmas. Needless to say he never got the Xbxox 360 he wanted this year.
    That would be fun for a few rounds.

I'm regarded as a bit of a Khan hater, but the truth is simply that I am not easily conned. I know a hype job when I see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why the talk as if he has already vacated it? The news isn't all that credible.. it doesn't even provide a source. Who's to say Maidana's camp didn't start the rumour off?

I would rather see Khan in with the likes of Malignaggi or Diaz anyway. Not as big punchers, but IMO more credible names and overall better punchers. Sure Maidana can bang, but to me he looks like a fairly limited boxer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan should not have a world title and call himself a "champion" if he does not want to/feel confident enough to take on all challengers...including those with some decent pop.

All this "progress him slowly" ends when you get your hands on a world title! How can you still be a work in progress if you're apparently at the top of the mountain? It makes no sense.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think fighting Maidana is a lose lose situation for Khan. If he loses well everyone says he's a fraud. If he wins it's because Maidana was crap.

Damn if he does, damn if he doesnt. But I do expect him to face some good fighters in 2010.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The responses so far show how fickle this forum can be so far.

First of the article is almost 1 month old and there has been no further talk of this happening.

Secondly it is just that - talk. Speculation backed up with absolutely zero quotes. Warren's column in The Sun today suggests that Khan will indeed fight Maidana.

Thirdly the article also mentions possible fights with Malignaggi, Marquez and Hatton, who last time i checked, are all a level above Maidana.

Fourthly, you cannot really criticize Khan for it as he would gladly fight anyone. It's more to do with frank Warren

Fifthly (if that's a word) - you can't really critisize Khan for doing what most fighters over the last god knows how many years, have done. That is, avoiding the big risk low reward fights in favour of the lower risk higher reward fights. Why the hell would you turn down a multi-million dollar pay day to fight for less against some generally unheard of guy, for much less money. I think a few people on here have watched Rocky a few too many times. In an ideal the world, a world champions would be the best in the world, and he would continually look to prove himself by beating the next best fighter. In the real world, Boxing is more of a business and less of a sport. If promoters used the gung-ho mentality of some posters on here, we'd never witness the delights of any fighter becoming a superstar. No De La Hoya, no Manny Pacquiao, no Floyd Mayweather, no Ricky Hatton. Boxing would be just like the UFC......shite.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ono, Hatton can't take a punch, Paulie ain't got a punch and Marquez is just too old and too small.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Ono, Hatton can't take a punch, Paulie ain't got a punch and Marquez is just too old and too small.
    Where were all these people when Vince Phillips almost ko'd Hatton, or when Ben Tackie staggered him. Or when Magee had him on queer street. How come Hatton's punch resistance wasn't in question back then?

What does it matter if Paulie doesn't have a punch? Does he not have skill? So would Marquez not present a challenge for Khan? I mean not so long ago he ko'd Juan Diaz only 5lbs south of where Kahn fights. It's not like Khan moved up for any other reason than a title shot.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan shouldnt be scared of anyone now he has Roach injecting him with this juice.

Watch another chinny fighter whos been knocked out early by a nobody suddenly develop fantastic punch resistance as he moves up in weights under Roach's guidance.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan wont fight Maidana if he asks for random blood tests

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Khan shouldnt be scared of anyone now he has Roach injecting him with this juice.

Watch another chinny fighter whos been knocked out early by a nobody suddenly develop fantastic punch resistance as he moves up in weights under Roach's guidance.
    Since when Roach is not accused of injecting steroids to his fighters? honestly, it is exactly not that kind of person if you ask me.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information