Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Paul Briggs making a comeback...could face Danny Green

Paul Briggs making a boxing comeback and could fight Danny Green | The Daily Telegraph

AUSSIE favourite Paul Briggs is making a comeback to the ring and it could well start with a bang with a fight against man of the moment Danny Green.

The two camps have been in talks to stage a fight for Green's IBO cruiserweight title, which the 36-year-old won in 122 unforgettable seconds against Roy Jones Jr last December.

Green originally wanted Bernard Hopkins, but talks fell apart in spite of the fact the US superstar was eventually offered a 60/40 split to fight Down Under.

Hopkins will now fight Jones Jr, who has a rematch clause against Green. In the meantime, Green is searching for another opponent and Briggs has stepped forward to take the fight.

The former light-heavyweight champ retired in 2007 because of health problems, but rediscovered his passion for competition while commentating for hit show The Contender last year.

It was inside the house he became close to respected trainer Billy Hussein, who last night confirmed the Gold Coast-based 34-year-old was on his way to Sydney next week to ramp up a comeback.

"Paul has been training and is in very good condition," Hussein said.

"He's coming down next week to have a chat."

Hussein knew nothing about negotiations with Green, but the latter's manager Justin Manolikos said the match-up was a possible option.

"There's been an approach and we've had an informal chat over the past week," Manolikos said. "It might be good if Paul had one fight before he takes on Danny, but we're not ruling anything out."

I think he should stay retired considering it was his health that prompted his retirement. Anybody know what was wrong with him?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul Briggs making a comeback...could face Danny Green

it should be a good fight if it does happen, he gave Adamek hell twice, don't see why he couldn't be competitive against Green

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im surprised barely anyone has commented on this. If Paul Briggs health is alright now then fuck this would be a fight. Ive been saying it for years that this fight would be awesome. Briggs is tough as nails and hits like a freight train and wont take a backwards step and Green is the same....put the two together and you have two freight trains running into each other head on.

I would not only pay to watch this on tv, I would pay to go see it!!!
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebrucelee View Post
    Im surprised barely anyone has commented on this. If Paul Briggs health is alright now then fuck this would be a fight. Ive been saying it for years that this fight would be awesome. Briggs is tough as nails and hits like a freight train and wont take a backwards step and Green is the same....put the two together and you have two freight trains running into each other head on.

I would not only pay to watch this on tv, I would pay to go see it!!!
    yea, should be the Aussie version of Gatti/Ward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To break it down...

Jones-Hopkins II I couldn't afford the Ritalin to stay awake and watch that snoozer.

Danny Green - Paul Briggs will be a great fight. But I am not sure what Briggs will have to offer other competition. He is a fiery competitor, but he really went through two wars with Adamek. I think he didn't know where to take his career after those fights.

Check out this page, too
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Thread Information