Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guzman Willing To Settle Differences With Hatton In The Ring

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Guzman Willing To Settle Differences With Hatton In The Ring

Im a big fan of Joan Guzman, but at the higher weightclasses. He hasn't got the presence nor the power, to really beat the elite fighters. I know Joan Guzman is a speedy slickster and he's never really been a power hitter.

But you still need the power and presence, to keep your opponent respectful. I mean he couldn't even do no damage to Ali Funeka really, who hasn't got a granite chin by any means. Nate Campbell had Ali Funeka on queer street more than once.

And even though P4P Joan Guzman beats Ricky Hatton in most area's. Im really worried about Ricky Hatton just walking right through Joan Guzman, but then again Ricky Hatton has certainly seen better days. And it wouldn't suprise me if Joan Guzman totally embarrased Ricky Hatton over 12 rounds.

Its a close match up and i can't really call it, but im going with Joan Guzman because im a fan of his. And he deserves a big win over a big name opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Im a big fan of Joan Guzman, but at the higher weightclasses. He hasn't got the presence nor the power, to really beat the elite fighters. I know Joan Guzman is a speedy slickster and he's never really been a power hitter.

But you still need the power and presence, to keep your opponent respectful. I mean he couldn't even do no damage to Ali Funeka really, who hasn't got a granite chin by any means. Nate Campbell had Ali Funeka on queer street more than once.

And even though P4P Joan Guzman beats Ricky Hatton in most area's. Im really worried about Ricky Hatton just walking right through Joan Guzman, but then again Ricky Hatton has certainly seen better days. And it wouldn't suprise me if Joan Guzman totally embarrased Ricky Hatton over 12 rounds.

Its a close match up and i can't really call it, but im going with Joan Guzman because im a fan of his. And he deserves a big win over a big name opponent.
    Hatton wont be fighting Guzman, this has all come from Guzman's manager after what Tim Coleman told him. Basically, Lee Beard has left the Hatton's on bad terms, not so much with Matthew, but certainly everyone else involved. Although Guzman would love to fight Hatton, he has said this to Lee and meant it.

This all stemmed from a text that Ricky sent to Lee by all accounts, that I certainly cannot defend. Tim had Lee's I-phone and caught the initial preview part that you get to read. I know what the full text read and as a mate of Rick's I'm very disappointed in him if it's 100% true, and I cant even bring myself to reveal the full text. Allegedly, It basically was Ricky mocking that Lee had left them to train Guzman and now Guzman has no official date set. Hence the Fuck Guzman and (you). I havent spoke to Ricky as he is away, but there is always two sides to a story. I'm just trying to clear up where this has all come from.

Guzman has had his first week training with Lee and quizzed Lee about many techniques and scenarios and was very impressed with Lee's responses. Lee felt like he was kind of on trail with Joan for the first week, I guess until Lee earned his respect. Lee was chuffed when Joan said to him that for a young guy, you certainly know your stuff, a high-five followed.

Argenis Mendez is the other fighter that has been wanting Lee badly to train him, he loves Lee and couldnt get Lee over to the States quick enough.

Argenis Mendez

Check out the You-Tube video of him sparring and owning Jorge Linares.

Also, the rumour is Hatton will be fighting under Bob Shannon in the UK in June against Vyacheslav Senchenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Jimmy G-Force; 02-08-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    Some people say boxing is a matter of life or death, it's not, it's far more important than that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paying shitloads for a "star" trainer didn't do him much good.

If he comes back against a no-name like Senchenko I hope it's to set up the Khan fight. Otherwise retiring on a win like that is similar to Naz bowing out with Calvo. Forgotten.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a welterweight and he's an unbeaten world champion. OK, he holds one of however many WBA welterweight belts there are. And it looks like he can punch a bit. I don't think Hatton will be doing that for a comeback fight. It's going to be somebody like Juan Lazcano except not as hard hitting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G-Force View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Hatton wont be fighting Guzman, this has all come from Guzman's manager after what Tim Coleman told him. Basically, Lee Beard has left the Hatton's on bad terms, not so much with Matthew, but certainly everyone else involved. Although Guzman would love to fight Hatton, he has said this to Lee and meant it.

This all stemmed from a text that Ricky sent to Lee by all accounts, that I certainly cannot defend. Tim had Lee's I-phone and caught the initial preview part that you get to read. I know what the full text read and as a mate of Rick's I'm very disappointed in him if it's 100% true, and I cant even bring myself to reveal the full text. Allegedly, It basically was Ricky mocking that Lee had left them to train Guzman and now Guzman has no official date set. Hence the Fuck Guzman and (you). I havent spoke to Ricky as he is away, but there is always two sides to a story. I'm just trying to clear up where this has all come from.

Guzman has had his first week training with Lee and quizzed Lee about many techniques and scenarios and was very impressed with Lee's responses. Lee felt like he was kind of on trail with Joan for the first week, I guess until Lee earned his respect. Lee was chuffed when Joan said to him that for a young guy, you certainly know your stuff, a high-five followed.

Argenis Mendez is the other fighter that has been wanting Lee badly to train him, he loves Lee and couldnt get Lee over to the States quick enough.

Argenis Mendez

Check out the You-Tube video of him sparring and owning Jorge Linares.

Also, the rumour is Hatton will be fighting under Bob Shannon in the UK in June against Vyacheslav Senchenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Would be surprised if thats his opponant after things he's been saying recently

Thread Information