Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Mundine and the Super Six

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Mundine has never been the same since 1 punch knockout artist Sven Ottke knocked him out
    That is a mystery to me how the feather fisted Ottke losing the fight got lucky with that punch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Mundine has never been the same since 1 punch knockout artist Sven Ottke knocked him out
    That is a mystery to me how the feather fisted Ottke losing the fight got lucky with that punch.
    It was a temple shot.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    It was a temple shot.
    From a guy that can't crack eggs.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

It was a temple shot.
    From a guy that can't crack eggs.
    Still it doesn't matter a good temple shot from mostly anyone, will turn your lights out. It was just one of those freak things, like Michael Nunn who isn't known as a great puncher.

Flattened Sumbu Kalmabay in about 70 seconds, and Sumbu Kalmabay had gone the distance with fighters like Iran Barkey, Mike McCallum. And has only been stopped once in 64 fights. But yet a fighter like Michael Nunn who you'd never expect to stop Sumbu Kalmabay, done it in 70 seconds.

And considering Anthony Mundine went 12 rounds with Mikkel Kessler, taking some of his best punches. And Mikkel Kessler who is known as a good puncher, never really came close to stopping Anthony Mundine.

Leads you to believe it was just a perfectly timed shot, from Sven Ottke in exactly the right place. If they fought another 10 times, Sven Ottke would probably never ever come close to stopping Anthony Mundine. But its just one of those things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much a typical comment from a guy who knows nothing about Mundines career, but yet thinks he'll be funny by bringing up something that has been said 1000 times. His more embarrasing loss was against Siaca, not Ottke, because atleast when fighting Ottke he had the inexperience excuse considering it was his 10th pro fight with no amature background. Losing the decision to Siaca was ba cos Manny wasnt even as good as Ottke and Mundine had 20 fights by then.

Mundine has a relatively weak jaw, but has gone many rounds with some solid punchers. Kessler, Green, Echols. Mundines worst problem is his unwillingness to fight anyone decent these days, not his chin. At about the time of the Green and Soliman victories he could have been competitive with anyone in the super 6 but now he seems to have lost focus and is on the decline. I still say he'd be better value than Allen Green tho. Any fighter who faced him in Australia would probably make the most money of any fight in the super 6.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Pretty much a typical comment from a guy who knows nothing about Mundines career, but yet thinks he'll be funny by bringing up something that has been said 1000 times. His more embarrasing loss was against Siaca, not Ottke, because atleast when fighting Ottke he had the inexperience excuse considering it was his 10th pro fight with no amature background. Losing the decision to Siaca was ba cos Manny wasnt even as good as Ottke and Mundine had 20 fights by then.

Mundine has a relatively weak jaw, but has gone many rounds with some solid punchers. Kessler, Green, Echols. Mundines worst problem is his unwillingness to fight anyone decent these days, not his chin. At about the time of the Green and Soliman victories he could have been competitive with anyone in the super 6 but now he seems to have lost focus and is on the decline. I still say he'd be better value than Allen Green tho. Any fighter who faced him in Australia would probably make the most money of any fight in the super 6.
    You really must like Mundine , to be offended by that statement.
    Are you saying Ottke wasnt a hard puncher ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no im saying your statement was false. I dont for a minute think Ottke is a hard puncher. Mundine got KO'd by Ottke in his 10th fight and to that time had only fought nobodies. So how is it true mundine has never been the same since the Ottke fight? Same as what? he was never a 9-0 novice again? I think u just made that comment to try and be funny when in reality it doesnt really mean anything when talking about recent times.

Im not a big fan of mundine at all. I tried to like him but his lack of top opponents and general weird attitude have turned me off. It does shit me however when people bring up the Ottke fight as a reason for Mundine being no good, when in reality he was a very good fighter around the time of the Danny Green and Soliman 2 fights. He could easily have daccounted for Allen Green and at about that time i think he would have been a pretty decent match for anyone in the super 6. Now i think he has just lost the motivation and is picking up easy paydays.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no im saying your statement was false. I dont for a minute think Ottke is a hard puncher. Mundine got KO'd by Ottke in his 10th fight and to that time had only fought nobodies. So how is it true mundine has never been the same since the Ottke fight? Same as what? he was never a 9-0 novice again? I think u just made that comment to try and be funny when in reality it doesnt really mean anything when talking about recent times.

Im not a big fan of mundine at all. I tried to like him but his lack of top opponents and general weird attitude have turned me off. It does shit me however when people bring up the Ottke fight as a reason for Mundine being no good, when in reality he was a very good fighter around the time of the Danny Green and Soliman 2 fights. He could easily have daccounted for Allen Green and at about that time i think he would have been a pretty decent match for anyone in the super 6. Now i think he has just lost the motivation and is picking up easy paydays.
    I would love Mundine to be in the super six's , based on the fact i think he would get hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love Mundine to be in the super six's , based on the fact i think he would get hurt.
    Another well informed and intelligent comment.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well informed actually its my opinion , if that differs from yours then fine.
    As I said you seem to really like Mundine , personally i think he is a chump , and would get KOED by more than 1 of the other guys in the super six.
    So as i said lets , let him join , see which one of us is WELL INFORMED .
    In fact why dont you run a poll to see what everyone else thinks about how well he would do in the super six's ?
    If the majority opinion is im wrong then i can accept that.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 02-11-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well informed actually its my opinion , if that differs from yours then fine.
    As I said you seem to really like Mundine , personally i think he is a chump , and would get KOED by more than 1 of the other guys in the super six.
    So as i said lets , let him join , see which one of us is WELL INFORMED .
    In fact why dont you run a poll to see what everyone else thinks about how well he would do in the super six's ?
    If the majority opinion is im wrong then i can accept that.
    Where did i say he would beat anyone other than Allen Green in the Super 6? My main point was that the fact u said Mundine was never the same after the Ottke fight was plain wrong. It was the guys 10th fight, and he went on to win a few world titles afterwards so he was far from a chump. It was just u attempting to be funny.
    Mundine is a big mouthed waste of talent but the guy at his best would have been a threat to most in the super 6, but not now as he seems to have fallen away recently.

Show me where i wrote he should be in the Super 6? I in fact wrote that now he probably wouldnt be comptetive cos he has dropped away. I also wrote that i dont like him that much and its the truth, i never order his crappy PPVs in Australia and I'd support jus about everyone over him. Do you even read what i write?
    The best u can come up with is to say u hope he gets hurt. I mean u can not like a guy but seriously grow up, as a boxing fan i really dont like some fighters but i dont want them to get hurt.

Thread Information