Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edwin Valero...BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edwin Valero...BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    When was the last time a boxer was so nationalistic?

I mean the guy has the president (ehh dictator) tattooed on his chest. It's one thing to have "Brixton" or "Westside" on your back but having the president of the country in a flag on your chest? It's a little frightening in a bad way.
    Chavez is a mytical figure for a lot of Venezuelans. The country used to be owned by half a dozen families, it was a kleptocracy. Now the people get some of the oil money, electricity, healthcare, education etc. Chavez is democratically elected too.

Back to boxing, I can see Erik Morales fighting Valero or Khan at some point. Probably depends who gets to him first, can't see him continuing after he gets beat the first time. Gary Shaw says he'd even go to Mexico to make Bradley-Valero, that's how confident he is. It'd be a hell of a fight and Arum seems to want it too.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Completely missed this fight and regret it...I was wrong on all accounts.Sounds as if Valero had some versatility? and showed a nice mix in with young DeMarco.Much congrats on huge win.I still have hope for DeMarco,has some nice skills and is very much developing.Need to see this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valero is a beast. Who's next? Wouldn't a Robert Guerrero fight be a fun one to watch? Or one with Nate Campbell?

Humberto Sotto.

ARUM should make that happen

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

I mean the guy has the president (ehh dictator) tattooed on his chest. It's one thing to have "Brixton" or "Westside" on your back but having the president of the country in a flag on your chest? It's a little frightening in a bad way.
    Chavez is a mytical figure for a lot of Venezuelans. The country used to be owned by half a dozen families, it was a kleptocracy. Now the people get some of the oil money, electricity, healthcare, education etc. Chavez is democratically elected too.

Back to boxing, I can see Erik Morales fighting Valero or Khan at some point. Probably depends who gets to him first, can't see him continuing after he gets beat the first time. Gary Shaw says he'd even go to Mexico to make Bradley-Valero, that's how confident he is. It'd be a hell of a fight and Arum seems to want it too.
    That's all fine and dandy. I wasn't trying to debate the merit of Chavez (that's a whole different conversation, clearly). However, can we can agree that it is one nationalistic tattoo? Are there any other fighters who have a tattoo as nationalistic?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 02-10-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's all fine and dandy. I wasn't trying to debate the merit of Chavez (that's a whole different conversation, clearly). However, can we can agree that it is one nationalistic tattoo? Are there any other fighters who have a tattoo as nationalistic?
    Yep, no two ways about it, you get a giant flag on your chest with the president's mug on it and you've got a nationalistic tat.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, no two ways about it, you get a giant flag on your chest with the president's mug on it and you've got a nationalistic tat.
    I sense sarcasm. Maybe tattooing a picture of the president of your country on your chest is not showing national pride.

Nevertheless, I'll change my tone because from your reaction it appears that I've touched a nerve, which wasn't my intention. I was genuinely curious if there were any other fighters that have the president of their country tattooed on their chest?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sense sarcasm. Maybe tattooing a picture of the president of your country on your chest is not showing national pride.

Nevertheless, I'll change my tone because from your reaction it appears that I've touched a nerve, which wasn't my intention. I was genuinely curious if there were any other fighters that have the president of their country tattooed on their chest?
    No, no sarcasm honestly, I'm agreeing with you.

Thread Information