Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Open Scoring

maybe it would be more difficult for a home fighter to get a undeserved win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ppl knock open scoring as if how it stands right now is perfect. We all have seen examples of home town scoring or fights with decisions as if the judges must have been watching with their eyes closed. Don't make it out as if fans booing or cheering would suddenly make judging crooked. It already is. Maybe fans should have an influence, to be the 4th judge, if you will. Sometimes they have it right. How many times have we seen a fight on TV and booed right along with the crowd after it went the other way? Really, what is the problem with open scoring? Every argument you can make against it can be countered and at least if a fighter were being cheated he would know it rather than having to wait until it's too late to do anything about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Ppl knock open scoring as if how it stands right now is perfect. We all have seen examples of home town scoring or fights with decisions as if the judges must have been watching with their eyes closed. Don't make it out as if fans booing or cheering would suddenly make judging crooked. It already is. Maybe fans should have an influence, to be the 4th judge, if you will. Sometimes they have it right. How many times have we seen a fight on TV and booed right along with the crowd after it went the other way? Really, what is the problem with open scoring? Every argument you can make against it can be countered and at least if a fighter were being cheated he would know it rather than having to wait until it's too late to do anything about it.
    I don't really put it down, I just say it affects the way a fighter acts in the ring. It would also have an affect on the way some judges score. Currently judges do their own thing and we can see over time what the tendencies of a judge are. With open scoring it puts pressure on the judge to follow the crowd and the other judges. I would think that if most felt the current system was not just enough then it would make more sense to additional judges make it 5 instead of 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ER-101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I don't really put it down, I just say it affects the way a fighter acts in the ring. It would also have an affect on the way some judges score. Currently judges do their own thing and we can see over time what the tendencies of a judge are. With open scoring it puts pressure on the judge to follow the crowd and the other judges. I would think that if most felt the current system was not just enough then it would make more sense to additional judges make it 5 instead of 3.
    So if a judge is susceptible to the crowd's influence with open scoring wouldn't he be just as susceptible with closed scoring? Crowds still boo and cheer without knowing who has the lead and as I said before, sometimes the crowd has it right. Most times they cheer because they're cheering on the guy who's winning the fight. Sure, the hometown crowd is more likely to cheer their guy on, but they already do that and it already happens that many fighters get hometown decisions. Assigning that to open scoring is unfair as it is something that already happens under closed scoring. At least be open and honest if you're going to cheat a guy. Give him the opportunity to know where he stands and go for a KO. That's the opposite I'm talking about. Many times fighters know their ahead, but the judges score differently. How many times have we seen fighters cheated by decisions that didn't go their way?

Thread Information