A protective order has been filed against heavyweight ring legend Evander Holyfield by the Superior Court of Fayette County, GA, in response to allegations of spousal abuse by Holyfield’s wife Candi. According to court documents, Mrs. Holyfield claims “I got up with the children in the middle of the night to take them to the bathroom. The heat had been cut off and the children were cold. When I returned to bed I tried to talk to Evander about this. He told me I was only thinking about myself, the children’s hearts beat faster. I pulled the covers over my head and he said I was being disrespectful. He started telling me that I needed to start putting God first in my life. He asked me if I had been tithing. He wanted me to show him the check stubs of my payments to the church. I told him I was not going to show them to him. He then hit me in the face, the back of my head twice and in my back. I tried to get up and he told me not to get out of bed. He got up and turned the light on and started looking at my face and told me he was sorry that he knew he shouldn’t have done that.”
Until further order, Mrs Holyfield has been granted sole custody of the family home and Evander is forbidden to contact or approach within 500 yards of his wife and their children.
is seeking a court order preventing Evander from coming within 500 yards of her, no contact with their two children, according to the court documents. She also requests use of a Porsche Cayenne and a Mercedes Benz.
Ken Sanders, the boxer’s manager, said he is not aware of any problems between the couple. Sanders said the boxer is currently in Las Vegas.
Holyfield, a four-time undisputed heavyweight champion, has won more than $200 million in prize money. Fights in South Korea, Ethiopia and Uganda were cancelled due to a lack of funding. He also has an April 24 fight scheduled against Derric Rossy in Las Vegas.

source: fightnews.com