Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green wants to fight Mundine again.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Green wants to fight Mundine again.

Yeh it was in the Daily Telegraph (Sydney) on either Wed or Thur's edition. Plus the same article was posted on the net on a couple of sites aswell.

Basically the stip for the fight is a 45-45 split with the remaining 10% going to an Indigenous children's charity, IBO Cruiserweight title on the line, and Danny Green even willing to fight in Sydney against his first proposed rematch that would've taken place in Perth.

See this is what I mean about Green, he talks it up and acts like Choc ain't s**t to him but he's just as bitter bout his loss to Choc as B-Hop is wid Roy!

And look tbh honest guys call me an over thinker here but to throw in that 10% clause going to Aboriginal kids, please, yes it will be hard for Choc to turn that offer down but I think its fair to say, DG is somewhat exploiting these children and extorting Mundine all to avenge that loss he sufferred to Mundine on that sweet September evening!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Egg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Themantonio View Post
    I agree mostly with "I love Bruce Lee" guy (sorry if I got ya name wrong dude), and it is so refreshing to hear an Aussie Boxing fan who called it how it is.. DG never once complained bout weight till after his loss to Choc. He campaigned at SMW for years and even got 2 title shots at that weight!

People bag out Mundine coz of his outspokeness and its tru, the guy (I stress on camera) talks out of his ass... But don't for one second think that Danny Green is any different... This guy plays the tru blu Aussie good guy role and plays it up big against guys like Choc... But by no means is Danny Green the most humble guy out there either... He goes out after his win against Roy and calls Mundine a nobody to him, to quote, he calls Mundine a pissant and flathead fish, while Danny claims to be chasing sharks.

Now he is calling Choc back out! And to clarify this thread everyone is discussing the last time they fought and the result, and DG complaining about weight drain, this fight is spose to be for DG's IBO Cruiserweight title...

SO HE WON'T HAVE ANY WEIGHT DRAIN EXCUSES WHEN CHOC SKOOLS HIM AGAIN!!!
    At cruiser i didnt know that. I really dont think the fight will happen at cruiser it a bit of weight for choc to pack on.

Oh yeh and bout the weight thang, Choc did go out in public and run his stupid mouth bout how he'd be willing to beat Danny Green up at Heavyweight if the money was right so now Danny has actually taken Choc's call and said if he is/was willing to fight him at heavyweight, then Choc shouldn't have a problem meeting him at cruiserweight either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh it was in the Daily Telegraph (Sydney) on either Wed or Thur's edition. Plus the same article was posted on the net on a couple of sites aswell.

Basically the stip for the fight is a 45-45 split with the remaining 10% going to an Indigenous children's charity, IBO Cruiserweight title on the line, and Danny Green even willing to fight in Sydney against his first proposed rematch that would've taken place in Perth.

See this is what I mean about Green, he talks it up and acts like Choc ain't s**t to him but he's just as bitter bout his loss to Choc as B-Hop is wid Roy!

And look tbh honest guys call me an over thinker here but to throw in that 10% clause going to Aboriginal kids, please, yes it will be hard for Choc to turn that offer down but I think its fair to say, DG is somewhat exploiting these children and extorting Mundine all to avenge that loss he sufferred to Mundine on that sweet September evening!!!

Agree mate, it's like thumbing their nose at Choc and saying 'well so much for your community work'I like Mundine when he is active against a live one ( not often) but he does do some good for the community a lot of it off the record. Green got lucky and is finding out that no one wants him not because he is a real tough challenge but because he is not a draw , just a guy who got fairly lucky and now needs Mundine.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post

Agree mate, it's like thumbing their nose at Choc and saying 'well so much for your community work'I like Mundine when he is active against a live one ( not often) but he does do some good for the community a lot of it off the record. Green got lucky and is finding out that no one wants him not because he is a real tough challenge but because he is not a draw , just a guy who got fairly lucky and now needs Mundine.
    that's how it should be done, IMO when people have to gloat about their "goodwill" it's just another form of promotion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post

Agree, agree, agree! Good job bringing that up as well! Danny Green needs to realise this is what Choc does when he ain't fighting bums hahah, and doesn't need a rematch with him for Choc to fulfill his charity obligations to his people!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See this is the kind of shit im talking about, Green tries to make himself look like the nicest guy ever and the true blue aussie. But if he was then he wouldnt be using a charity as a way to bait choc into a fight, to me thats pretty low.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like the hype for this fight is well underway, full page in todays paper about it.
    Was a half ok article not the usually mundine bash.
    It also mentioned that they should fight get there last pay day and both retire after.

Thread Information