Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan hopes to make his US debut against Malignaggi

From the BBC

Britain's WBA light-welterweight champion Amir Khan is aiming to make his US debut against Paulie Malignaggi.
    Khan turned his attentions to American Malignaggi after Juan Manuel Marquez reportedly rejected an offer to fight.
    And the 23-year-old British boxer now hopes to take on Malignaggi - who lost to Ricky Hatton in 2008 - at New York's Madison Square Gardens on May 15.
    "We want to hear what he thinks about the fight," said Khan. "I think there is a very good chance of it happening."
    Rumours of Khan's next opponent have been rife since he left Frank Warren and linked up with American promoters Golden Boy in January.

Both Marcos Maidana - the mandatory challenger for his WBA light-welterweight title - and Marquez have been mooted as potential candidates.
    But having already made one mandatory defence with a 76-second stoppage against Dmitriy Salita in December, Khan is looking to take on a big name as he looks to make a splash in America.
    With Marquez believed to have rejected an offer to fight on Wednesday, however, the Bolton-born fighter has now turned his attentions to the man Ricky Hatton beat two years ago.
    "We were looking at Marquez, who pulled out, so it's Malignaggi up to now," added Khan. "Golden Boy have put the fight to his promoter Lou DiBella, so we will see where we go from here.
    "I want to fight him in his home town (New York) and beat him in his home town in front of his own people.
    "The fight has not been made 100% yet but I think there is a very good chance of it happening.
    "When it does happen, I'm just going to go in there and do what I normally do and I really think Malignaggi has a style which is going to make me look good.
    "He's not at my level. He has a few good wins in America, but it's another fight for me and I'll go there and do what I have to do."
    Khan revealed there were several other names on his hit list, including Nate Campbell, Victor Ortiz and, in the future, Maidana.
    The Athens 2004 Olympic silver medal winner also refused to rule out a fight with Ricky Hatton, who is also promoted by Golden Boy in America.
    Hatton, who many expected to retire after being knocked out by Manny Pacquiao in May, announced his intention to return to the ring last month.
    "I get a lot of questions from people asking when I am going to fight Ricky Hatton," Khan said. "Ricky is a friend of mine and if it was on the table, I'm one of those fighters who would grab it, I'd take the fight.
    "But I really think that if I was Ricky Hatton, I'd call it a day. He has made his name in British boxing, so he should just relax.
    "But if he wants to fight back, then Amir Khan is here as a world champion and I think it would be a big fight for British boxing."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan hopes to make his US debut against Malignaggi

Just goes to show how cowardly khan is. Khan is the katie price of boxing as in he walks around thinking people take him seriously but really everyone is laughing thinking this guy has false boobs and got nothing else to back up all the glitter...if u know what i mean.

Khan make some money by fooling your sad fans and then ease disappear cause u aint fooling the real boxing fan cause they wont care who u r fighting and couldn't care less about your fake title.

Job biscuit (please please..stop)!!

Eh eh!!
    Last edited by Otley; 02-11-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Corr
    It's nice to see you to see you nice

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Disappointed if Amir fights the light punching Paulie. JMM pull out of the fight I do not believe.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Malinaggi will kick Khan's ass.

I honestly believe that. Paulie can box just as well as Khan, and is much tougher and more seasoned.

He may get robbed once it goes to decision but he'll give Khan a good boxing lesson regardless.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets see Malignaggi is a fast punching counter puncher who gets out of the way of punches with a good jab to keep people at a distance and Khan sort of goes into a defensive shell when people throw and then throws back hoping they'll stand still and when they do his combos flurish. He is Juan Diaz without the proven chin and a lot faster with more power.

I actually think this is a bad style match-up for Khan, because Malignaggi could get off on that defense and be out of the way before Khan can throw his combination in return. Khan would have to fight outside of his style to beat Malignaggi. And in order to beat him he'd have to come forward, I don't see him out-countering him. Malignaggi may be a light puncher but he is as fast as Khan this could be a very good fight but its a bad style matchup for Khan. He'd do well against a Marquez type of style and defense, but Malignaggi is the kind of style he should stay away from.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Lets see Malignaggi is a fast punching counter puncher who gets out of the way of punches with a good jab to keep people at a distance and Khan sort of goes into a defensive shell when people throw and then throws back hoping they'll stand still and when they do his combos flurish. He is Juan Diaz without the proven chin and a lot faster with more power.

I actually think this is a bad style match-up for Khan, because Malignaggi could get off on that defense and be out of the way before Khan can throw his combination in return. Khan would have to fight outside of his style to beat Malignaggi. And in order to beat him he'd have to come forward, I don't see him out-countering him. Malignaggi may be a light puncher but he is as fast as Khan this could be a very good fight but its a bad style matchup for Khan. He'd do well against a Marquez type of style and defense, but Malignaggi is the kind of style he should stay away from.
    Fair post.

I would have preferred to see a Marquez or Maidana fight, because I want to see that chin checked, but as far opponents go, Malignaggi is decent enough and has it in him to upset Khan. Also if Malignaggi can wobble Diaz, you can be certain he can even make Khan do the Harlem shuffle too. Bring it on. I like Malignaggi too, so it could be fun enough.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Khan is faster. I think he outspeeds him and wins a UD.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have preferred to see a Maidana fight, but Paulie is a good little fighter & I'll be backing him
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe that Pauli can and will beat Amir Khan. Pauli's ability is underestimated because he fights so hyperactively. But he is good fighter, and just that little bit under great. If he had a punch he would be awesome.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan's volume wins the day here, let's be honest Paulie isn't getting a KO, he doesn't have the reach advantage, and Khan has faster hands. Paulie has a chance, but he is a decided underdog against the younger, faster Khan.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JJson View Post
    I believe that Pauli can and will beat Amir Khan. Pauli's ability is underestimated because he fights so hyperactively. But he is good fighter, and just that little bit under great. If he had a punch he would be awesome.
    He is a good fighter.

But is he is A LOT under great.

He's a contender/titlist level guy with a lot of heart and very little pop.

I used to vehemently hate Paulie but I've gotten where I respect and like the guy now.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From what I've read Marquez did turn Khan down, Nacho Beristien didn't want the fight either. Malinaggi would be a good test for Khan and he's a big enough name stateside to get Khan noticed.

Plus it's an excuse to go to New York for me, never been there.

MSG would be
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really has Paulie ever ducked anyone? i honestly don't think he has. he's worked hard his whole career and really got very little. Quite the opposite of Amir Khan. Paulie needs to resurect his career and beating Khan and becoming champ would certainly do that. Paulie is in last chance saloon and i'd love to see him beat Khan. Yeah he can't punch hard but amir has no chin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really think that Malignaggi will give Khan all kinds of problems man. Hell, if Willie Limond and Michael Gomez can have Khan in trouble, Malignaggi even has a chance, dare i say it, to stop Khan. I reckon Malignaggi will be currently lickin his lips right now..... Ha..... I think this would make for quite a chess match....

Thread Information