Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing Quotes: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler

© Showtime Boxing

Mikkel Kessler (42-2, 32 KOs) and WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch (26-0, 20 KOs) kicked off an international media tour here Wednesday morning to discuss their upcoming Group Stage 2 bout in the Super Six World Boxing Classic on Saturday, April 24, live on Showtime at 9 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast.

Known as “The Viking Warrior,’’ Denmark’s Kessler will be counting on the support of his home fans when he challenges Froch, of Nottingham, England, for the WBC 168-pound crown in a 12-round match at MCH Herning.

After one round in the Super Six, “King” Carl has two points, while Kessler needs a victory to get on the board.

“Never in my life have I lost a fight in Denmark,” said Kessler, a former WBA super middle titleholder at a packed press conference. “My home fans give me the extra five percent I n... Full Boxing Article here...

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Quotes: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler

is it me or does Froch look like the realisation of what he's gotten into finally sinking in

here is another photo that i didn't use... Hennessy seems far more confident that Carl IMHO...
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd tell Froch to cheer up. it won't be worse than the punishment Abraham is going to give him....

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Kessler is half of what he used to be, Froch is going to take one hell of a beating.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    I'd tell Froch to cheer up. it won't be worse than the punishment Abraham is going to give him....
    I think Froch stands a much better chance against Abraham. The German's low work rate and tendency to cover up while his opponents wail away will play in to Froch's hands. I don't know if Froch will beat Abraham, but he's got a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    I think Froch stands a much better chance against Abraham. The German's low work rate and tendency to cover up while his opponents wail away will play in to Froch's hands. I don't know if Froch will beat Abraham, but he's got a shot.

same here

being able to out punch abraham and still mantaining a sensible approach is the key to beating AA

Against kessler he needed to be allowed that recklesness approach which he simply wont get in mikkels home town. I backed carl to beat taylor and dirrell but i seriously have my doubts on this one. Kessler will dictate the pace early on and froch will become a passenger throughout the inevitable 12round contest which kess will comfortably take through a unanimous decision.

It wont be a great fight that i can predict
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly see Froch beating Kessler up pretty bad, I said it to many times. Froch makes him quit.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do you guys think Froch will lose?

I mean besides the fact that he's a dick head?
    lol

Kessler looked pretty bad against Ward last time out, I'd say it should be a pretty even fight between him and "the cobra".
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler isn't going to stand in front of him and brawl, he's going to box him. If he's anything like the fighter he was this fight will look like Kessler vs. Andrade.

Good article.

"I will be bringing the Froch army of fans" the undefeated 32-year-old said "I've even chipped in for the minibus to take them from Copenhagen to Herning" said Froch.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

lol

Kessler looked pretty bad against Ward last time out, I'd say it should be a pretty even fight between him and "the cobra".
    You don't really get much further apart stylistically than Ward and Froch though. Andre fought a hell of a fight against Kessler, took his jab away, used all kinds of angles and some roughhouse tactics as well, it was a great performance from a young fighter. Froch has nowhere near the ability to utilize any of that, he can't roll with punches or use the ring, he won't be able to get out of the way of Kesslers straighter shots, he doesn't hit as hard, isn't as fast, doesn't have skills, I just don't see one thing going for Froch in this matchup truthfully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it will be a pretty even fight. Both are going to come out and fight hard. Froch wants to gain 1 or 2 more ponts and not lose his belt and Kessler needs this win very bad. If he loses he's in big hole. Should be entertaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see Kessler stopping Froch if he isn't damaged, mentally or cuts, from the Ward fight. Froch fights too wide open for Kessler to miss him. Kessler is an accurate puncher with nice techique and this will not bode well for Froch's wide open style. Froch is a very confident guy and he has had luck on his side his last 3 noteworthy fights. But he will need to be humble in order to overcome Kessler. But maybe Froch knows that he must KO Kessler because of Kessler's ability in comparison to his. This should make for an entertaining fight up until the 7th or 8th round when Froch will be out or he realizes that the Kessler/Ward fight was fools gold for him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

lol

You don't really get much further apart stylistically than Ward and Froch though. Andre fought a hell of a fight against Kessler, took his jab away, used all kinds of angles and some roughhouse tactics as well, it was a great performance from a young fighter. Froch has nowhere near the ability to utilize any of that, he can't roll with punches or use the ring, he won't be able to get out of the way of Kesslers straighter shots, he doesn't hit as hard, isn't as fast, doesn't have skills, I just don't see one thing going for Froch in this matchup truthfully.
    Froch surly isn't as fast or talented as Ward but IMO he does punch a bit harder.

And he is a tough bastard with pretty good stamina.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler clearly has trouble with fast handed guys who can use lots of different angles. Guys who come straight at him are his bread and butter. This is why i think Kessler will beat Froch, altho i have been wrong about Carl before.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

lol

Froch surly isn't as fast or talented as Ward but IMO he does punch a bit harder.

And he is a tough bastard with pretty good stamina.
    He might punch harder, but that doesn't count for a whole lot if he can't effectively mount an offense or avoid getting hit in return. Ward hit Kessler all night long and never really hurt him with one punch, he just took Kesslers offense away from him, it really was a class performance. I just see Froch landing few and far between against Kessler, and in order to land he'll have to put himself in harms way. Kessler isn't a light hitter himself by any means, I think he can hurt Froch, and just shouldn't have to much trouble landing down the pipe.

Thread Information