Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayweather Mosley presser (video)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather Mosley presser (video)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJJhd...embedded#at=15

Was that the tango?? Or the foxtrot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no such thing as true trash talk anymore. Whatever happened to the days when someone could verbally abuse without bringing up MONEY? This bores me! "My jacket cost more than yours and its custom". Mosley responds with "My jackets custom too". LOL! His response should have been, "Ya your jackets custom and im gonna whoop your a** May 1st! Although great boxers, these guys need to watch a few Ali, Duran, or Hopkins interviews. Crap they could actually learn something from Mayorga in this area.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    That tit for tat nonsense about custom made clothes? What is this the battle of the mincers?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley, sort it out ffs!! Leave the media hype to the disruptive class clown and you just concentrate on getting some work done.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by levi#1BoxingFan View Post
    There is no such thing as true trash talk anymore. Whatever happened to the days when someone could verbally abuse without bringing up MONEY? This bores me! "My jacket cost more than yours and its custom". Mosley responds with "My jackets custom too". LOL! His response should have been, "Ya your jackets custom and im gonna whoop your a** May 1st! Although great boxers, these guys need to watch a few Ali, Duran, or Hopkins interviews. Crap they could actually learn something from Mayorga in this area.

too true

i really couldnt give a sh*t whos jacket costs more, i wanna see trash talking about the fight and them both informing eachother what theyre gonna do to one another may 1st.

Trash talk is what boxing is all about. I personally love it and emplore it to be used more and more often. Theres no better way to build up a fight than have the 2 men genuinely showing distaste and hatred for one another without the whole thing appearing staged

riddick bowe was the master of the trash talk
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Trash talk is what boxing is all about. I personally love it and emplore it to be used more and more often. Theres no better way to build up a fight than have the 2 men genuinely showing distaste and hatred for one another without the whole thing appearing staged
    It's not what Mosley's all about though and that's what worries. I want Mosley to win and he needs to keep a cool head to do it.

It's funny you use the word implore.... I just sent a message to Mosley's official site using the same word albeit in a totally opposite context

Sad I know, but this time around, I'm that desperate to see him lose!!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The trash talk isn't for people like us. We're going to watch the fight with or without it. All the hype and 'selling' the fight is for your average household that don't regularly watch boxing or keep up with it. Those people tend to lap this thing up and love to see a grudge match where two people genuinely hate each other.

Is there going to be a 24/7 on this? A bit surprised if there isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    It's not what Mosley's all about though and that's what worries. I want Mosley to win and he needs to keep a cool head to do it.

It's funny you use the word implore.... I just sent a message to Mosley's official site using the same word albeit in a totally opposite context

Sad I know, but this time around, I'm that desperate to see him lose!!

I know mate we`re all hoping for a mosley win, personally having seen several clips shane appears more to be trying to restrain floyd from acting the fool and just kinda gets caught up in the whole act

Id love a fighter to actually stand right up to floyd when his doing all his shenanigans and ask him the simple question "you gonna fight me or you gonna run for 12rounds"
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wouldn't that be something...
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd certainly talks up a good fight saying he will fight toe to toe, but he won't. Shane looked dumb and had to have his managers tell him what to say. Floyd probably thinks he will outbox and out smart Shane with his speed and if the press conference is anything to go by he probably will.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather did make Mosley look like a right mug, but I think it's clearly staged or at least overdone. I don't think the thing in the ring after the JMM fight was, but the fact is I don't think they hate each other.

In the shouting after the JMM fight & in an interview with Shane I read, they both acknowledge playing basketball together & Mosley said in the interview (in a Boxing Monthly issue from last year) something like they play together every other week. He said this to explain how he knows he's so much bigger, but it got me thinking, who would really socialize with somebody they couldn't stand every other week?

Anyway, I thought that whole thing was quality, it helps sell the fight & I've seen the video on people's facebook who have no interest in boxing. I thought it was all good, they were careful to not do anything that might get them fined & I think they're just both determined to prove they're the best.

I think anyone who thinks that Mosley will be more up for it is mistaken. Both these guys want to win because it's a legacy & era defining fight, not to mention the wads of cash on the table should they win. It won't be a war, but I think it will be a great fight for boxing fans.

Thread Information