Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Devon Alexander - welcome to the big leagues

Stunning display from devon last night. I gotta be honest i actually laid a fair bit of dosh on urango to win the fight but even in my wildest imaginations didnt envisage that 8th round coming to fruition.

Before urango the only time id seen alexander was witter and i didnt give him a hell of a lot credit that night mainly due to the fact ive never rated witter. But with that and last nights stoppages you have to take your hat off to the guy and concede that he is indeed a genuine talent on the world stage.

bradley-alexander please
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Devon Alexander - welcome to the big leagues

Urango was coming on and I had him winning 4 rounds at that point.

I said right before the 8th round to my Dad that the only thing that was gonna stop Urango and turn the fight around would be a perfect uppercut from Alexander.

And sure enough...

Man that sucked seein Urango get KO'd. Especially after listening to HBO hype up Alexander as the second coming of Sugar Ray Robinson.

FUCK !

Fair play to him though. He knocked out Juan Urango. And that is something.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good win if nothing but simply for the fact he stopped Urango...Juan is a tough tough fighter with a good chin....BUT Juan is also slow and has very very little defense....He did manage to catch Alexander at times...

I am not sure if it was for Alexander getting cocky...His corner did tell him not to get too overconfident....Why he was getting caught or was it flaws in his style?

Now I want to see him against a guy who is more then one dimensional and has a bit of speed

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give Alexander a ton of credit, yes Urango is slow and one dimensional, but those body shots Urango landed would have made most boxers melt, I mean they made Hatton go into Ruiz mode. Alexander hung in and still stopped a super strong chinned Urango. Alexander proved more so than anything else in this fight that he is an extremely durable fighter. I agree with Daxx there are some glaring holes in his defense, but someone is going to have to have very fast hands and feet to fully capitalize on those holes.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I give Alexander a ton of credit, yes Urango is slow and one dimensional, but those body shots Urango landed would have made most boxers melt, I mean they made Hatton go into Ruiz mode. Alexander hung in and still stopped a super strong chinned Urango. Alexander proved more so than anything else in this fight that he is an extremely durable fighter. I agree with Daxx there are some glaring holes in his defense, but someone is going to have to have very fast hands and feet to fully capitalize on those holes.
    Someone like Timothy Bradley.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I think it's even possible Judah could have some success against Alexander. I know, I know, he falls apart every fight. But his body is definately more suited to 140, save the perfectly time Tszyu chicken-dance-inducing punch Zab has always looked better at 140.

Bradley/Alexander would be a great fight, but there's no saying now if it's in the future.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's even possible Judah could have some success against Alexander. I know, I know, he falls apart every fight. But his body is definately more suited to 140, save the perfectly time Tszyu chicken-dance-inducing punch Zab has always looked better at 140.

Bradley/Alexander would be a great fight, but there's no saying now if it's in the future.
    judah takes alexander in my honest opinion if he`s still got it left in the tank. Not too sure about bradley though think he may struggle with bradleys power as he did against cotto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

judah takes alexander in my honest opinion if he`s still got it left in the tank. Not too sure about bradley though think he may struggle with bradleys power as he did against cotto.

Bradley is not that big of a puncher...He just is always there and his defense is is good as well so hard to break him down.....But then again not being able to hurt or shake a guy no matter what you do is exactly the type thing that would cause Judah to meltdown.....

As for Alexander with his defense as it is and Judah having still good speed he would get caught often and at 140 Judah was a decent puncher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He seemed to deal with Witters speed just fine. Who is in the elite level of athletes in terms of hand and footspeed. Apparently Bradley didn't want to fight Alexander after his fight with Witter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A great fight that was on Saturday night. I am sorry for the earlier post I made of this being a joke of a fight and HBO picked up is in worse.But damn that was some performance by Alexander. He showed me one of two thing's he can box which I wasn't completely convinced after his fight with Witter and two he can punch. This is a very dangerous fighter and I think he will unify the titles and take Bradley to school.Well done Alexander.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    He seemed to deal with Witters speed just fine. Who is in the elite level of athletes in terms of hand and footspeed. Apparently Bradley didn't want to fight Alexander after his fight with Witter.
    Probably because of the lack of money involved... Even at this point sadly a fight between the two doesn't make that much sense. Bradley is on the verge of huge if it were for a huge scalp.

The short answer would of been 'High Risk, Low Reward' but there you go
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    Probably because of the lack of money involved... Even at this point sadly a fight between the two doesn't make that much sense. Bradley is on the verge of huge if it were for a huge scalp.

spot on again boogie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed...I don't see Bradley avoiding anyone for other then financial reasons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

Agreed...I don't see Bradley avoiding anyone for other then financial reasons...
    bradleys had to work his arse off to get to this point where now you can start thinking about the million dollar life changing paydays. Would be absoloutely ridiculous for bradley to fight his next fight against someone who isnt a name, just too big a risk

Anything below judah, hatton, berto has to be a no-no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

bradleys had to work his arse off to get to this point where now you can start thinking about the million dollar life changing paydays. Would be absoloutely ridiculous for bradley to fight his next fight against someone who isnt a name, just too big a risk

Anything below judah, hatton, berto has to be a no-no
    Very true but a KO over Urango has had to risen the kids stock

Thread Information