Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighters who are terrible with their money

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Floyd and Pac are going to be on this list someday.

im genuinely all about a fighters well being but id pay a hell of a lot of money to see a shot and broke floyd mayweather getting knocked out by john duddy or someone along those lines 3-4years down the road
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Though it is stupid to live in a house like the one Holyfield own, this mansion isn't the real problem: the dude did spend like crazy and did fathom something like 10 kids to 8 different women. In the U.S, the laws about healthcare are deadly on the wallet, for example, I've read that Puff Daddy has to pay 25 000 per month to his ex wife for their kid. Now put somebody like Holyfield who has 10 kids from more or less 8 different women, do you have an idea of how much it did and still cost him per month? Add to this the living standard of a Prince and you're in for the road to ruin with a first class ticket. Would he have restricted himself from acting like a pervy rabbit, his finances might be much much better today.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Entourages and extravagance seem to be a downfall for many athletes.

Tyson used to buy a whole fleet of cars for his entourage too I remember reading and Holyfield..well, his entourage is 8 kids and the women he's had them with

Doesn't bode well for Mayweather or Pacquiao either who have a lot hangers on who seem to be getting paid to loiter around.

Although I don't think throwing 100 dollar bills out to fans at 50 Cent concerts or betting 100k at a time on basketball games can help either

I think Pac will be alright with his money as he doesn't seem as extravagant with his lifestyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Though it is stupid to live in a house like the one Holyfield own, this mansion isn't the real problem: the dude did spend like crazy and did fathom something like 10 kids to 8 different women. In the U.S, the laws about healthcare are deadly on the wallet, for example, I've read that Puff Daddy has to pay 25 000 per month to his ex wife for their kid. Now put somebody like Holyfield who has 10 kids from more or less 8 different women, do you have an idea of how much it did and still cost him per month? Add to this the living standard of a Prince and you're in for the road to ruin with a first class ticket. Would he have restricted himself from acting like a pervy rabbit, his finances might be much much better today.
    There was a showcase on Holys mansion in a magazine once. The article said it took 2 million a year just in upkeep. I would say that could become a problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
    I've heard many boxing writer predict that Pac-man will be broke when his career is over. Supposedly, he is the worst offender of wasting money. He supports a huge entourage like Ali did.
    I was thinking of the same thing, but then he does live in a 3rd world country where the money he earns will last him longer because of the rate of exchange and the standard of living being considerable cheaper than someone like ALi who lives in America.

TBH thinking about it, most of the athletes I've heard stories of being broke are almost entirely made of American athletes being on there, I'm not saying other nationalities aren't susceptible but American athletes just lead the field. Maybe because of the culture of spending and being in debt.

British boxer Chris Eubank has blown all his money and now has fuck all by all acounts.
    Balls

El Kabong Guest

If I was a promoter I would want my fighters to take a course on financial planning....granted the majority of fighters are not smart PERIOD much less smart with money. But it's just damn sad to see that kind of shit happen in any sport. Johnny Unitas was damn near broke after his playing days....that's fucking sad right there.

I would think ALI would pop up as one of the guys that has been smart with his money, because God help him had he been like Joe Frazier and had to deal with Alzheimer's and live in his fucking gym.

Joe Louis probably got screwed over the most....Jack Johnson was always a high roller but seemed to be good with his cash. He still had some money when he died in that car wreck.

Ray Robinson was apparently bad with his money

...but hell all these fighters usually come from nothing and they know about that lifestyle which is why they can't handle it properly when they get big money.

I think Glenn Johnson is going to be good with his money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its too bad its going to be the best guys who gave us memories that we will never forget.

not boxers but athletes facing the same problem
    one guy that comes up now is iverson, guy gambles his money away and how hes got no job and a divorce is coming.....Antonie Walker too
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Entourages and extravagance seem to be a downfall for many athletes.

Tyson used to buy a whole fleet of cars for his entourage too I remember reading and Holyfield..well, his entourage is 8 kids and the women he's had them with

Doesn't bode well for Mayweather or Pacquiao either who have a lot hangers on who seem to be getting paid to loiter around.

Although I don't think throwing 100 dollar bills out to fans at 50 Cent concerts or betting 100k at a time on basketball games can help either

I think Pac will be alright with his money as he doesn't seem as extravagant with his lifestyle
    everything in his country is cheap.......but then again his entourage is huge...like freakin huge hes got like a small army lol and its all legal rofl how awesome is that
    mind over speed and power

Thread Information