Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 version of Shane Mosley vs any version of PBF who wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2000 version of Shane Mosley vs any version of PBF who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    2000 version of Mosley easy. To me one quick counterpunch at a time can not get it done against a viscious combination puncher who can match speed's and hit much harder. I would go as far to say Mosley by late stoppage.
    Mosley was a viscious combination puncher against guys who didn't move well and weren't as fast as he is. It's like Leonard used to be an amazing combination puncher but you didn't see it against the more elite guys because they wouldn't let him throw combinations. Like I said I don't think Mayweather was trying to limit the times Oscar brought him to the ropes, but if he uses as little movement as he did in that fight then forget about the 2000 version of Shane, THIS version of Shane might be too much for FLoyd. I honestly think Floyd needs to keep this fight in the middle of the ring. Judges love scoring for the guy throwing punches and backing the other guy up. But like I said I don't think Mosley has fallen physically that far, and I think he is a smarter fighter. I think this version of Mosley would be competitive with him in his prime, just like I thought the Oscar that fought Mayweather on that night would have been a lot of versions of himself in his "prime" He was very sharp defensively that night, and had an excellent strategy against Floyd.
    same can be said about floyd..floyd will try to pot shot his way to a victory..but i think his ;lack of movement with his legs over the last several year will cost him..but not enough to lose
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    2000 version of Mosley easy. To me one quick counterpunch at a time can not get it done against a viscious combination puncher who can match speed's and hit much harder. I would go as far to say Mosley by late stoppage.
    Mosley was a viscious combination puncher against guys who didn't move well and weren't as fast as he is. It's like Leonard used to be an amazing combination puncher but you didn't see it against the more elite guys because they wouldn't let him throw combinations. Like I said I don't think Mayweather was trying to limit the times Oscar brought him to the ropes, but if he uses as little movement as he did in that fight then forget about the 2000 version of Shane, THIS version of Shane might be too much for FLoyd. I honestly think Floyd needs to keep this fight in the middle of the ring. Judges love scoring for the guy throwing punches and backing the other guy up. But like I said I don't think Mosley has fallen physically that far, and I think he is a smarter fighter. I think this version of Mosley would be competitive with him in his prime, just like I thought the Oscar that fought Mayweather on that night would have been a lot of versions of himself in his "prime" He was very sharp defensively that night, and had an excellent strategy against Floyd.
    same can be said about floyd..floyd will try to pot shot his way to a victory..but i think his ;lack of movement with his legs over the last several year will cost him..but not enough to lose

here is the thing about Shane, people that stand in front of him get knocked out but people that box with him have had success. De La Hoya, Wright, Forrest, even Cotto.

If there is something consistantly shown in Shane's career it's that he can be outboxed. And in 3 of the 4 times he was outboxed it had to do with the jab, and Mayweather has a great one
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post

here is the thing about Shane, people that stand in front of him get knocked out but people that box with him have had success. De La Hoya, Wright, Forrest, even Cotto.

If there is something consistantly shown in Shane's career it's that he can be outboxed. And in 3 of the 4 times he was outboxed it had to do with the jab, and Mayweather has a great one

I'm guessing cotto winky and vernon...okay well the cotto fight wasn't won with the jab...winky was too big for shane and he shouldn't have been fighting up there anyway..and vernon did beat him with the jab, but his arms are much longer than shane's....

Having said that, Shane's reach is longer than floyd's so how would floyd have done against those same guys? The only one floyd may have beaten prime is cotto...the other three prime at 147, 154, beats floyd...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information