Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao "I don't need Mayweather"

...then take the dudes dick out of your mouth wipe your face and stop using his name. Make one for yourself. People hate the guy but they talk about him more than his fans do.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure how you translated this but it's bad just reading just the first words. It does not portray the humility and respect of his presentation. He is apologetic.

Baka malay mo baka hindi na ako umabot doon the "mo" references "you" but the "Baka malay mo" references "You should know" that Maybe I, might not get there.

There is a big difference in translating words that show his respect for who he is addressing.

geesh im filipino and im not even good at translating it. well the major reason why i tried cause i was also trying to show what pac really meant.

i did somehow messed the first sentence.....

but you translated it word per word and it sounded like he is going to die or something.

the word "mo" is often used as substitute for "nyo" he is after all talking in public. and his message is for everyone listening not just a single person.

so its more like "who knows" cause "you should know" means dapat alamin mo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mnmc10 View Post
    I'm not sure how you translated this but it's bad just reading just the first words. It does not portray the humility and respect of his presentation. He is apologetic.

Baka malay mo baka hindi na ako umabot doon the "mo" references "you" but the "Baka malay mo" references "You should know" that Maybe I, might not get there.

There is a big difference in translating words that show his respect for who he is addressing.

geesh im filipino and im not even good at translating it. well the major reason why i tried cause i was also trying to show what pac really meant.

i did somehow messed the first sentence.....

but you translated it word per word and it sounded like he is going to die or something.

the word "mo" is often used as substitute for "nyo" he is after all talking in public. and his message is for everyone listening not just a single person.

so its more like "who knows" cause "you should know" means dapat alamin mo.
    You're right, The problem with Pilipino, it that the individual words carry multiple context depending on the application and can only truly be conveyed by the originator. And then we are translating to English which has far to many ways of to saying the same thing. And then we have culture and understood you's and even emotional context.

However the point I was trying to make is Pacquiao's demeanor is apologetic as he addresses the people. I read a few headlines depicting Pacquiao as being somewhat arrogant. I read this thread title and the first translated line and didn't bother with the rest.

Thread Information