Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious Question... What was John Ruiz' best performance?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Serious Question... What was John Ruiz' best performance?

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Seriously it was his 2nd fight with Evander Holyfield, as i remember it. It wasn't that bad of a fight and Evander Holyfield, fought a better fight than in there 1st meeting.

And Evander Holyfield was ahead on my scorecard, until John Ruiz decked him late. And had him badly hurt i hadn't seen Evander Holyfield that hurt, at that time since the 3rd Riddick Bowe fight.

I'd personally watch there 2nd meeting, because it isn't a bad fight. And John Ruiz shows some heart coming on, and turning the fight around late on.

John Ruiz doesn't get enough credit for the 1st two Evander Holyfield fights, i personally think he won the 1st two fights. And Evander Holyfield was fresh off his fights vs Lennox Lewis. Yet Lennox Lewis gets more credit than John Ruiz, just because John Ruiz isn't liked because of his ugly style. Which isn't fair IMO.
    Just out of interest, have you seen the 1st Holyfield/ Ruiz fight? If so, do you still rank the 2nd fight as the better of the two?

The only reason I ask, is because I have already endured their 1st encounter today and the knife is already at the wrist, so to speak... No pressure but are you sure the 2nd fight is a better fight for Ruiz?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Seriously it was his 2nd fight with Evander Holyfield, as i remember it. It wasn't that bad of a fight and Evander Holyfield, fought a better fight than in there 1st meeting.

And Evander Holyfield was ahead on my scorecard, until John Ruiz decked him late. And had him badly hurt i hadn't seen Evander Holyfield that hurt, at that time since the 3rd Riddick Bowe fight.

I'd personally watch there 2nd meeting, because it isn't a bad fight. And John Ruiz shows some heart coming on, and turning the fight around late on.

John Ruiz doesn't get enough credit for the 1st two Evander Holyfield fights, i personally think he won the 1st two fights. And Evander Holyfield was fresh off his fights vs Lennox Lewis. Yet Lennox Lewis gets more credit than John Ruiz, just because John Ruiz isn't liked because of his ugly style. Which isn't fair IMO.
    Just out of interest, have you seen the 1st Holyfield/ Ruiz fight? If so, do you still rank the 2nd fight as the better of the two?

The only reason I ask, is because I have already endured their 1st encounter today and the knife is already at the wrist, so to speak... No pressure but are you sure the 2nd fight is a better fight for Ruiz?
    Yes i've seen all the John Ruiz vs Evander Holyfield fights, don't bother watching the 3rd one because that was indeed painful. The 2nd one is better purely because Evander Holyfield, does fight a better fight.

And you've got the added drama of the knockdown late on, with John Ruiz coming on. Personally from what i remember it was a better fight, but again i will tell you its certainly not a very good fight, although not bad for a John Ruiz fight.

If you want to watch some real fights instead of watching, fights like these then i can recommend you some. Especially on youtube because i know, you like watching youtube fights instead of waiting hours for downloads.

Ray Mancini vs Livingstone Bramble 1
    Orlando Canizales vs Kelvin Seabrooks 1
    Kelvin Seabrooks vs Thierry Jacob = Should of won FOTY 1987
    Tracy Spann vs Jorge Paez
    Kevin Kelley vs Troy Dorsey
    Julian Jackson vs Thomas Tate

Treat yourself to these classics.
    Last edited by ICB; 03-25-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will do. Cheers mate.

I just never got into downloading fights...? There's always something else that needs downloading or some sort of plug-in that is missing or some apparent nonsense... I have loads of career sets and yeah I could stalk Youtube for hours on end but downloading files, any files.... Is just beyond me for some reason
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    Will do. Cheers mate.

I just never got into downloading fights...? There's always something else that needs downloading or some sort of plug-in that is missing or some apparent nonsense... I have loads of career sets and yeah I could stalk Youtube for hours on end but downloading files, any files.... Is just beyond me for some reason

If youve ever missed a fight, next day i tend to go on most of the video download sites, find the fight without directly reading how big the file is (gives away the length of the fight)

Leave it to download, come back half hour later and its like your watching the fight in realtime?
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard he was pretty good on madden. The best out of a bunch a crappy performances shouldn't even be looked at as such. Ruiz is straight ass.....but to each his own.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beating then then undefeated Kirk Johnson was a good result, what about Rahman, no scrub that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have to say when Ruiz knocked Fres Oquendo completely out about 5 or 6 years ago. That was impressive.

I figured Oquendo would surely win that one.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first Valuev fight was a good performance...Ruiz was actually robbed in that fight big

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fucken hell, that's a lot of good performances for a man who is dubbed boring
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm, id completely forgot about the Oquendo shot and with how almost out he had Holyfield, im starting to hope old man Ruiz can do a number on Haye

I mean, positives for Ruiz are Haye still hasnt really had to fight a heavy, he ran like mad from Valuev and barely got touched and valuev isnt a big puncher for a heavyweight, let alone a 7 foot 2 heavyweight

Ruiz has been training for 4 months straight for this and lookied ok stopping Adnan Serin in has last fight, the same show as valuev v Haye.

Ruiz can wear down Haye and if he lands its quite possible Haye goes down yet again!!

Just looked at the odds for Ruiz, in each round its 50 to 1 and round 12 is 60 to 1, thats worth a fiver on every round because I think Ruiz will stop him

Thread Information