0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucian Bute

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I'm somehow agreeing with both of you

I think in the divisional rankings, it's Ward 1 because he did in fact beat the man regarded to be the man. When you do that you're top dog imo, even though Bute has the better resume.
    Why has Bute got a better resume though?

Bute's resume.

Top Tier Fighters - None
    Second Tier - Berrio, Miranda, Andrade (1-1), Bika

Ward's resume

Top Tier Fighters - Kessler

Second Tier - Miranda

If this were the Olympics Ward has a gold and a silver versus Bute's 3 silver (don't give him anything for Andrade as he lost the first fight) and thus wins.
    Bilbo you make me laugh honestly, your the one that defended Lucian Bute. Regarding the Librado Andrade controversy, he went down when there was no time left in the round, he got up and beat the count. yes the ref was stupid for telling Librado Andrade to go to the neutral corner.

But that was irrelevant because when Lucian Bute, went down there was no time left in the round, all he had to do. Was beat the count and respond to the ref, which he did if the ref hadn't of told Librado Andrade off for the Neutral corner BS. There would be no controversy and it also took away, the heart shown from Lucian Bute to survive and win.

I know for 100 percent you also agreed, but yet here. Your saying he thought he lost why the change of mind ? because it sounds like your just trying to discredit Lucian Bute to make your point.

The fact is Lucian Bute has beaten overall better opposition, aswell as being a world champion since 2007.

Wins over.

Sakio Bika
    Kabary Salem
    William Joppy
    Librado Andrade x2
    Edison Miranda
    Alejandro Berrio
    Fulgencio Zuniga
    Lolenga Mock = Floored David Haye.

Aren't great opposition but its a solid list, also Kabary Salem, Fulgencio Zuniga, Librado Andrade, had never been stopped until they fought Lucian Bute.

Its also the way he's been destroying, the opposition that you have to take into account.

Where as Carl Froch was way behind vs Jermain Taylor, until he scored a come from behind KO. He also earned a very razor thin decision over Jean Pascal, and totally got a gift off Andre Dirrell. Infact you could say in his last 3 fights he's lost atleast 24 rounds.

As for Andre Ward as i said he has one good win over a Mikkel Kessler, who hasn't been fighting top opposition since 2007. He's obviously not the same fighter anymore, yes it was a great win for Andre Ward and i give him props.

But good one win doesn't mean your suddenly the number 1 Super Middleweight, and im suprised you think that way. Considering how much you hate on Nonito Donaire, i mean hell Andre Dirrell deserves to be higher than Andre Ward.

Most think he beat Carl Froch, he also has solid wins over Arthur Abraham, Anthony Hanshaw.
    He didn't even have to respond to the ref. The IBF rules state that the fight officially ended the moment his gloves cleared the canvas. Arguably, he could have gotten up and fallen over again and you could still argue that by the letter of the law he won. Whether or not those are acceptable rules is one thing, but the fact is that those are the IBF's rules and they are the rules that that fight was officiated with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Why has Bute got a better resume though?

Bute's resume.

Top Tier Fighters - None
    Second Tier - Berrio, Miranda, Andrade (1-1), Bika

Ward's resume

Top Tier Fighters - Kessler

Second Tier - Miranda

If this were the Olympics Ward has a gold and a silver versus Bute's 3 silver (don't give him anything for Andrade as he lost the first fight) and thus wins.
    Bilbo you make me laugh honestly, your the one that defended Lucian Bute. Regarding the Librado Andrade controversy, he went down when there was no time left in the round, he got up and beat the count. yes the ref was stupid for telling Librado Andrade to go to the neutral corner.

But that was irrelevant because when Lucian Bute, went down there was no time left in the round, all he had to do. Was beat the count and respond to the ref, which he did if the ref hadn't of told Librado Andrade off for the Neutral corner BS. There would be no controversy and it also took away, the heart shown from Lucian Bute to survive and win.

I know for 100 percent you also agreed, but yet here. Your saying he thought he lost why the change of mind ? because it sounds like your just trying to discredit Lucian Bute to make your point.

The fact is Lucian Bute has beaten overall better opposition, aswell as being a world champion since 2007.

Wins over.

Sakio Bika
    Kabary Salem
    William Joppy
    Librado Andrade x2
    Edison Miranda
    Alejandro Berrio
    Fulgencio Zuniga
    Lolenga Mock = Floored David Haye.

Aren't great opposition but its a solid list, also Kabary Salem, Fulgencio Zuniga, Librado Andrade, had never been stopped until they fought Lucian Bute.

Its also the way he's been destroying, the opposition that you have to take into account.

Where as Carl Froch was way behind vs Jermain Taylor, until he scored a come from behind KO. He also earned a very razor thin decision over Jean Pascal, and totally got a gift off Andre Dirrell. Infact you could say in his last 3 fights he's lost atleast 24 rounds.

As for Andre Ward as i said he has one good win over a Mikkel Kessler, who hasn't been fighting top opposition since 2007. He's obviously not the same fighter anymore, yes it was a great win for Andre Ward and i give him props.

But good one win doesn't mean your suddenly the number 1 Super Middleweight, and im suprised you think that way. Considering how much you hate on Nonito Donaire, i mean hell Andre Dirrell deserves to be higher than Andre Ward.

Most think he beat Carl Froch, he also has solid wins over Arthur Abraham, Anthony Hanshaw.
    He didn't even have to respond to the ref. The IBF rules state that the fight officially ended the moment his gloves cleared the canvas. Arguably, he could have gotten up and fallen over again and you could still argue that by the letter of the law he won. Whether or not those are acceptable rules is one thing, but the fact is that those are the IBF's rules and they are the rules that that fight was officiated with.

Either way he's undefeated and he learned a hard lesson that day, win or lose. He won, lucky for him and then dismantled Andrade in the subsiquent fight. That's all I needed to know in my book.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WITH THIS TOURNAMENT OVER WHO HA
    S HAD THE EASIER ROAD?

ANDRE WARD
    OR
    LUCIAN BOOTAY? lol jk with last name

I feel he BUTE should face NO OLD MEN
    Someone of the likes of Andre Dirrell or Froch it wouldn't be fair any other way!!!
    If he fights Ward which i think he would lose anyway BUT he does not deserve it yet period fight Kessler or something but actually being able to fight WARD IS NOT FAIR
    2 fight the ward its only fair!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by terrorsid View Post
    S HAD THE EASIER ROAD?

ANDRE WARD
    OR

Someone of the likes of Andre Dirrell or Froch it wouldn't be fair any other way!!!
    If he fights Ward which i think he would lose anyway BUT he does not deserve it yet period fight Kessler or something but actually being able to fight WARD IS NOT FAIR
    2 fight the ward its only fair!!!

That didn't really make much sense my friend. I hope he faces Froch next too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    S HAD THE EASIER ROAD?

ANDRE WARD
    OR

oops i saw my error
    I just dont think BUTE should get a shot yet.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

S HAD THE EASIER ROAD?

ANDRE WARD
    OR

oops i saw my error
    If Ward's plan is to face Anthony Dirrell as a tune-up type of fight and then take on his brother Andre Dirrell later in 2012, I don't see any problem. However, who else can Ward face?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like both guys. Very humble.

But Bute would beat Ward. I'm willing to sig bet anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

S HAD THE EASIER ROAD?

ANDRE WARD
    OR

oops i saw my error
    If Ward's plan is to face Anthony Dirrell as a tune-up type of fight and then take on his brother Andre Dirrell later in 2012, I don't see any problem. However, who else can Ward face?

BUTE I mean I think its a good fight just not right now. I know i dont have place in saying when they should fight. But Bute is trying making a fight with Froch as we speak and that cool. I'd like to see this fight to see how he deals with CArl Froch. If he beats Froch i say its time
    Lucian Bute vs Carl Froch: Two-Fight Deal For Canada and UK in 2012 - Bad Left Hook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Bute would beat Ward. I'm willing to sig bet anyone.
    Cool...check back when they sign it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LobowolfXXX View Post
    Don't you think it's just a bit odd that Ward doesn't want to fight Bute right now? I understand wanting a breather, but if Bute was an easy hype job, wouldn't Ward just get over with it now? Clear any doubt he's numero uno at 68?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LobowolfXXX View Post
    Don't you think it's just a bit odd that Ward doesn't want to fight Bute right now? I understand wanting a breather, but if Bute was an easy hype job, wouldn't Ward just get over with it now? Clear any doubt he's numero uno at 68?
    No the way I see it, Direll is number 1 contender for Froch ex title, so Ward has to defend against him. The Bute fight will not go anywhere provided both win, which they both should.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information