Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucian Bute

Quote Originally Posted by terrorsid View Post
    I feel like BUTE is on easy streak with that belt he should really be in the super middle wieght tournament. Will he Ever fight another belt holder or take the easy route? I think if he entered he'd be the worst fighter in the tournament.
    Terror, I think you're tripping with that statement. I hear you on the fact that Miranda is an easy fight for Bute unless Miranda has improved tremendously since his last fights.

Who does Bute fight in his division with the other top 6 guys out for the next year?
    It should be Hopkins or Pavlik. Stieglitz ain't leaving Germany, let's be real. Diaconu may be a big fight in Montreal at a catchweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute can't fight who isn't there....And that is a hard fact because everyone else is wrapped up in the Super6...

Bute though is top notch with great skills and pretty tough chin....IMO only Ward gives him something to worry about...I am not even going to say that solidly until I see how Ward does against the other Super 6 opp....He was great against Kessler but it has been proven over time that guys can have that 1 great performance then next time look like shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute will fight Ward after he unifies the Belts winning the Super-Six... Then it's a pick 'em fight for me. I quite like both guys. Both have alot of skills. Bute, being a south paw and very slick with good power... and Ward with great speed, movement along with some pop. Would be a great match-up. I would tend to give a slight edge to Ward.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are all looking past Miranda. What's next for Bute. Funny how things work. Sounds like all the talk people did about Pantera before he faced Pavlik. If the Bonilla trained Miranda shows up than it won't be a good night for Miranda, but if Goossen did what he does best and tweaks Miranda's game, I think everyone is going to be very shocked at what happens on April 17th.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    People are all looking past Miranda. What's next for Bute. Funny how things work. Sounds like all the talk people did about Pantera before he faced Pavlik. If the Bonilla trained Miranda shows up than it won't be a good night for Miranda, but if Goossen did what he does best and tweaks Miranda's game, I think everyone is going to be very shocked at what happens on April 17th.
    I like Miranda, but he's still going to be a limited, one-handed fighter who relies on his power and gets hit too much. I'd be somewhat impressed if he even survived until the middle of the fight.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Bute will fight Ward after he unifies the Belts winning the Super-Six... Then it's a pick 'em fight for me. I quite like both guys. Both have alot of skills. Bute, being a south paw and very slick with good power... and Ward with great speed, movement along with some pop. Would be a great match-up. I would tend to give a slight edge to Ward.
    OR Pavlik... HBO wants that fight bad so it could very well be the next Bute,s fight.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LMFAO!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I like Miranda, but he's still going to be a limited, one-handed fighter who relies on his power and gets hit too much. I'd be somewhat impressed if he even survived until the middle of the fight.
    Agree I like him, but he is limited...The good thing about him is with his power you never know what he can pull out...Though other then his first fight with AA the power hasn't served him well at all with top class opp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by terrorsid View Post
    I feel like BUTE is on easy streak with that belt he should really be in the super middle wieght tournament. Will he Ever fight another belt holder or take the easy route? I think if he entered he'd be the worst fighter in the tournament.

Bute would be far from the worst fighter in the tourney....

In fact I would put him at this point as a tie for thew favorite between Ward.....

In the beginning before we have seen what we have unravel thus far I would have said Bute was second

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There he is, Miranda is finished and Bute will put a beat down on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not sure how I feel about Bute. He gets knocked out by Andarde, then avenges the loss with a knockout(without Marlin Wright in his corner).

Now it looks like HBO is setting him up for a fight with Kelly Pavlik.

I think The Ring is out of line, by rating him #1 Super middle in the world.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about Bute. He gets knocked out by Andarde, then avenges the loss with a knockout(without Marlin Wright in his corner).

Bute totally dominated the first bout with Andrade, not losing one single round except for the 12th where he wanted to go all tank to please the crowd and got saved by the last bell. Except that mistake, he has taken the best punches with ease, he has solid chin and has the very first man to knock the Andrade war machine out, exploit even KEssler hasn't been able to do. HE has much chance against anybody in the super six, not saying he would win automatically but he defo has his fair chances against them all.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair, Miranda has been working on his jab and used it very well in his last fight. I still think Bute takes him to school, but Miranda has been working on the right things and has been showing improvement.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

Bute totally dominated the first bout with Andrade, not losing one single round except for the 12th where he wanted to go all tank to please the crowd and got saved by the last bell. Except that mistake, he has taken the best punches with ease, he has solid chin and has the very first man to knock the Andrade war machine out, exploit even KEssler hasn't been able to do. HE has much chance against anybody in the super six, not saying he would win automatically but he defo has his fair chances against them all.
    Sorry mate, but that just isn't true. It's one of the great myths of that fight now that Bute won every round. One judge had Bute winning 10 of 12, the other two (including the Canadian judge) had him winnning 8 of 12. You're not going to try and tell me the judges were biased for Andrade on an InterBox show in Montreal are you??

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

Sorry mate, but that just isn't true. It's one of the great myths of that fight now that Bute won every round. One judge had Bute winning 10 of 12, the other two (including the Canadian judge) had him winnning 8 of 12. You're not going to try and tell me the judges were biased for Andrade on an InterBox show in Montreal are you??
    Well i don't know what fight those judge were watching, who had Librado Andrade winning 4 rounds. Because there was only one round debatable, up until the 12th round.

I don't care what the judges had it, lets ask the people here, did anyone on here. Have Librado Andrade winning 4 rounds ? or anyone on forum for that matter ?

Because i saw Librado Andrade getting mostly dominated for 11 rounds, not in the league of Lacy vs Calzaghe or ETC. But it was pretty one sided Librado Andrade couldn't get anything going for 11 rounds IMO, except for one round which i might of scored for Librado Andrade, when he got in close but i can't remember what round that was.
    Last edited by ICB; 04-12-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Thread Information