Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone had any previous marketing/business/advertising experience?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone had any previous marketing/business/advertising experience?

Im trying to start up a small social enterprise with limited resources, the idea is to make a bit of money for myself while at uni but give a HIGH percentage of that money away for charity, or even start up the businesses own charity fund, What I need is ways to get it noticed, but cheap or free if possible as, as a student I am extremely poor lol, iv worked solid full or part time since i was 15 however (at 20) I finally have about a 2 month break before my living funds wear off and I have to find a full time job over summer. If you have any experience that could help, drop me a pm or reply in this thread and i would be really thankfull. As an example i have the resources to make and design my own T shirts hoodies etc so prehaps something to do with them, or as a university student prehaps do something there,

anything is great

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone had any previous marketing/business/advertising experience?

The best book I have read on such things is "Guerrilla Marketing" by Jay Conrad Levinson..

Amazon.com: Guerrilla Marketing, 4th edition: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business (9780618785919): Jay Conrad Levinson: Books

It's mainly written for people starting small business or getting started with marketing and advertising... It's not the most in depth marketing book and would probably be useless to a big corporation, but for someone starting out such as yourself (and me when I read it) it is really the best book to start with...
    Can pick it up real cheap there from Amazon.... I noticed they have a new one out which is listed there under "frequently bought together" which may be even more suited to you although I havn't looked at it at all..

It's just a great interesting book anyway even if you didn't go ahead with your project..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read your post but forget to mention, it contains a lot of idea's for getting your business out there for little to no money.... Where the actual idea's stop, reading the book will get you thinking creatively and you'll probably come up with tonne's of great idea's yourself.... Definitely can't recommend grabbing that book any higher..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are on the comp a lot I suggest an e-business...Don't really know what you are able to take on but if you can type ( meaning at a good speed 70 and higher per min)you can find plenty of people looking for data entry and website updating....

Like my sisters friend who makes tons just updating mailing list for people who own a few weight loss centers and sell products like medifast on the internet....It is effortless...I mean this is a real business she owns...This is all she does...even has employees

Hope that helps a little

Thread Information