Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

I mainly watch streams too, they charge $24.95 over here. Some off the bigger fights are more expensive. We get a lot of the fights replayed on Sky. But you can't go wrong with a good stream!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it me or is Boxing currently the most exciting it has been in years?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I mainly watch streams too, they charge $24.95 over here. Some off the bigger fights are more expensive. We get a lot of the fights replayed on Sky. But you can't go wrong with a good stream!
    After posting that price; cause thats what the last two Vegas fights were at; I notice that the Green / Siaca is on tonight for $49.95 hahahaha yeah right, give me two of those please .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucky pricks, 24.95 !!!!! What is it still 1984 over there or something ?

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 15rounder View Post
    No arguments with any post in here. Very solid. Just to play devils advocate, how much more popular would boxing be right now if it didn't cost so much to be a fan? I know we have the tuesday and friday night fights but to watch superstars box from the comfort of your own home is $60.00 a pop. And the drum that continously gets beaten is that the Mayweather/Pacman fight needs to happen. I believe it could be our generations Ali vs. Frazier. But there are some great fights coming down the pipe right now and I'm excited about it (and saving my money so I can watch). Again, good thread.
    You guys get done 60 US ?

What do you English fellas pay in pounds?

We get ours for $39 . 95. yeah 40 bucks.

Canada what do you guys pay?
    We Canadians are smart enough to save our money and just watch it on a stream. Most of us are probably too drunk to accurately remember the big fights as they happen anyways, so we just download them the next day and save ourselve $49.99.
    Thanks for the info,

so your 10 bucks more than Australia and our dollars are on par just about, yet the states dollar is higher and they pay 10 more than you and 20 more than us down here WTF

England? Ireland? what are yours on average pls?

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No arguments with any post in here. Very solid. Just to play devils advocate, how much more popular would boxing be right now if it didn't cost so much to be a fan? I know we have the tuesday and friday night fights but to watch superstars box from the comfort of your own home is $60.00 a pop. And the drum that continously gets beaten is that the Mayweather/Pacman fight needs to happen. I believe it could be our generations Ali vs. Frazier. But there are some great fights coming down the pipe right now and I'm excited about it (and saving my money so I can watch). Again, good thread.

We Canadians are smart enough to save our money and just watch it on a stream. Most of us are probably too drunk to accurately remember the big fights as they happen anyways, so we just download them the next day and save ourselve $49.99.
    The trick is to get drunk enough two days in a row so that when you remember back, you think that you actually watched it live anyway..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucky pricks, 24.95 !!!!! What is it still 1984 over there or something ?
    Nah, that's the norm for most fights, even utter sh*t like Cameron/ Hopoate. Fights like Tyson/ Lewis & Mayweather/ Hatton are around $49.95.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not much to add to this thread, but even in Australia we've had Jones out here to fight Green this year, and Green's still providing a bit of excitement for the guys here who like to support a local...

I'm always excited about boxing though, but it's a treat and really highlights how good boxing is when we get these super fights or showdowns between guys who have really been dominating their opposition in ways that would make boxing fans of any era excited...

I as many others, have had trouble of late getting excited over the the HW division, but at least having some excitement to watch Haye try to take on the bigger grade opposition, well that's exactly where it starts isn't it? Excitement for matchups... And the more the manifest into great bouts, boxing will continue to keep it's fans and hopefully add new ones..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best thing for us over here is Tua's deal with Maori TV. We got the Cameron & Ahunanya fights free on national tv & I think we got 3 more to come, its been a huge boost for the sport. Pity the under cards are so sh*t!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We gat charged about £15 for stuff like the Haye/Hatton fights.
    Although I suspect Sky might try and ramp up the cost if Haye fights a Klit.
    24 Beers in a slab, 24 hours in the day.......go figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FTMatty View Post
    Damn shame if they do...In the UK there is radio broadcast no?....I know there is a link on my other comp to a site that plays the fights via radio announcer i believe it is just a net cast of a radio station in the UK...They do a decent job calling fights......Kind of gives me that feeling of what it was like in the 30's 40's and 50's
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 04-14-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most ive ever paid for a sky box office fight is 20quid to watch lewis-tyson and even that proved to be complete value for money,

Amazing when you think mayweather-mosley is on free to view sky yet khan-salita costs 15quid
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think boxing is at a real high point & things are shaping to only get better! The best fights are being made & if they do happen to fall through another fight just as good if not better is set up. There's so much young talent, mixed in with experienced vets & they they all seem eager to prove themselves against one another.

There are still issues but on a whole I think the game is moving in the right direction...
    Absolutely. At the moment, I seem to be getting excited about the next fight as soon as the previous one finished. Always something to look forward to in the close future of boxing is a great important thing IMO, and then there are some great prospects to look forward to that make a bright future no damn doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Most ive ever paid for a sky box office fight is 20quid to watch lewis-tyson and even that proved to be complete value for money,

Amazing when you think mayweather-mosley is on free to view sky yet khan-salita costs 15quid
    Thats coz only boxing fans will watch PBF-Mosley, where as hangers-on will watch Khan
    24 Beers in a slab, 24 hours in the day.......go figure.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Damn shame if they do...In the UK there is radio broadcast no?....I know there is a link on my other comp to a site that plays the fights via radio announcer i believe it is just a net cast of a radio station in the UK...They do a decent job calling fights......Kind of gives me that feeling of what it was like in the 30's 40's and 50's
    That is what I do, I listen to the BBC radio 5 commentary when I stream and turn that commentary down. Normally the radio is a head of the stream which pre-warns me if anything good is comming up. Haye, Khan and Hatton are normally on the BBC radio.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I'm not gonna stream it to a 13" monitor when I invite 10 people over to see it. Sure, I could connect my 46" tv to it but to have a shitty stream would ruin it. I'll pay the 55 bucks to watch it in HD and record it on DVR for the following day to rewatch it sober... But that's me.

And yes, it's a great time for boxing though I also agree it was a slow start. It's shaping up indeed.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Thread Information