Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre Dirrell....

I have no clue who was banned and who was booed for having this opinion, but I'm in agreement with those who suspected Dirrell of faking the funk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kdVzRdUiF4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Dirrell....

I don't no man. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He seemed pretty distraught afterwards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know what to think about that he seem's to look around before he went down but then he was like twitching, I still can believe Abraham lost
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    I don't no man. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He seemed pretty distraught afterwards

I was thinking it was out of embarrassment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post

I was thinking it was out of embarrassment.
    Lol, maybe

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no clue who was banned and who was booed for having this opinion, but I'm in agreement with those who suspected Dirrell of faking the funk.

He was faking it. It was obvious. Don't blame him really though. It was a cheap shot and he was running out of gas. Once he went down he kinda had to stick with what he was doing. Unfortunately that included an over the top acting performance that even the doctor and the broadcast team got in on.

1) - You don't wince in pain, grab your face and then fall unconscious. Sorry, but you don't.

2) - You don't 'wake up' confused and then suddenly remember exactly how you got knocked out, just because somebody told you what happened.

3) - When recovering from convulsions brought on by a KO, it's unlikely that you will react to something somebody has said in the crowd. It's unlikely that you would even notice, unless you're overly sensitive to something.....criticism of his acting skills perhaps.

4) - The Dr wouldn't break from treating him to conduct an interview with the broadcaster if Dirrell had a suspected brain bleed.

5) It's also highly, highly likely that a concusion would show up on a scan, which he had, and surprisingly everything was perfect. Again, weird considering he was convulsing from being brutally ko'd just a few hours earlier.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

He was faking it. It was obvious. Don't blame him really though. It was a cheap shot and he was running out of gas. Once he went down he kinda had to stick with what he was doing. Unfortunately that included an over the top acting performance that even the doctor and the broadcast team got in on.

1) - You don't wince in pain, grab your face and then fall unconscious. Sorry, but you don't.

2) - You don't 'wake up' confused and then suddenly remember exactly how you got knocked out, just because somebody told you what happened.

3) - When recovering from convulsions brought on by a KO, it's unlikely that you will react to something somebody has said in the crowd. It's unlikely that you would even notice, unless you're overly sensitive to something.....criticism of his acting skills perhaps.

4) - The Dr wouldn't break from treating him to conduct an interview with the broadcaster if Dirrell had a suspected brain bleed.

5) It's also highly, highly likely that a concusion would show up on a scan, which he had, and surprisingly everything was perfect. Again, weird considering he was convulsing from being brutally ko'd just a few hours earlier.
    Nice to see someone has sense, it was a fucking farce!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

Honestly mate i thought i was watching Monday Night Raw or something. I was gobsmacked the broadcasters went with it and i was even more surprised at how many people on here bought it.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

Honestly mate i thought i was watching Monday Night Raw or something. I was gobsmacked the broadcasters went with it and i was even more surprised at how many people on here bought it.
    Yeah tell me about it! Hopkins and Dirrell in my personal opinion are giving people ideas. If they can get away with this shit, it's gonna happen again. I want to see it stamped out right now!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham hit him with a dirty shot which ended a fight that he was losing horribly, end of

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Abraham hit him with a dirty shot which ended a fight that he was losing horribly, end of
    Have a word with yourself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares what direll did after the fight. In it he beat a guy who everyone damn near laughed at when the idea of him winning was even brought up . And as soon as abraham threw that punch the fight was over anyway. Direll could have done it wwe style and cut himself for fake blood and the whole nine. Boxrec doesn't care about any of that. And nobody else should either. I've said it before all this suspision and anger should be targeted toward abraham for robbing us of the end of that fight. Win or loose to hit a guy who was down then (speaking of acting) turning off your english after showtime showed you using all over town was a serious bitch move..... Abraham is a great tough fighter, and will probably win his next fight. But for that night he was a real dissapointment.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since when were you a fucking doctor? I spoke to a neurologist who boxes at my gym about the fight, and she said under no uncertain terms that it looked exactly like a concussion, and there is often a delayed response when somebody gets knocked out.

We've seen it in boxing a few times. He didn't knock him out, but watch Roy's first knockdown of Felix Trinidad and that came quite a bit after he landed the punch.

He was dominating the fight except for the tenth, and maybe you guys should watch the 11th again because he didn't look tired in that round at all.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my opinion Abraham was getting closer and closer, landing more and I think he had a good shot of landing one of those left hooks that Dirrell was barely getting away from (while begging to be iced, terrible defense), I don't know if he faked and you definitely can't say he did for sure. The touching of his face was in slow mo it looked suspicous, in real time it didn't look out of the ordinary to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Who cares what direll did after the fight. In it he beat a guy who everyone damn near laughed at when the idea of him winning was even brought up . And as soon as abraham threw that punch the fight was over anyway. Direll could have done it wwe style and cut himself for fake blood and the whole nine. Boxrec doesn't care about any of that. And nobody else should either. I've said it before all this suspision and anger should be targeted toward abraham for robbing us of the end of that fight. Win or loose to hit a guy who was down then (speaking of acting) turning off your english after showtime showed you using all over town was a serious bitch move..... Abraham is a great tough fighter, and will probably win his next fight. But for that night he was a real dissapointment.
    You talk such fucking crap it's unreal.

Thread Information