Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froch and his team asked for the fight to be postponed because of injury..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch and his team asked for the fight to be postponed because of injury..

Google Oversæt

Now this is worrying and that joke of a promoter Fat Mick strikes again says in this article he asked for the fight to be delayed but was refused and he just said ok?? So the biggest fighter in his stable is injured going into probably the biggest fight of his life injured but his promoter just accepts this, in one respect as a fan you have to say well done Froch for having the balls to fight on, but on the other hand what other promoter in the world would just accept that with his fighter injured, I think it shows how weak Mick Hennesey really is.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch and his team asked for the fight to be postponed because of injury..

I believe it's known as the preemptive fail excuse.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch and his team asked for the fight to be postponed because of injury..

Getting a bit of a feeling that Froch has lost his bottle for this one
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow this is really weird. I mean if a fighter is injured and cannot fight you just pull out I guess, not ask for permission.

Do you think it's a double bluff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Getting a bit of a feeling that Froch has lost his bottle for this one

Just doesn't seem himself does he? Froch said that in his early career belief in himself was his biggest problem. I still think it will be a cracking fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Wow this is really weird. I mean if a fighter is injured and cannot fight you just pull out I guess, not ask for permission.

I suppose it depends on the extent of the injury, obviously if u break a led then u can't fight. If he isn't fit to fight then the doctorsa woudllnt allow it presumably. Fat Mick does seem fucking clueless though askin for a postponment without suggesting an alternative.

Doubt it's double bluff as the point of that would be to inspire hope and over confidence in ur opponent, something Kessler needs IMO as he ran out of ideas ang gave up against ward.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You get the impression that Froch isn't exactly brimming with confidence going in to this fight.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, built in excuse but you never know it may be more his promoter who's shitting it than Froch.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't believe 2 seconds it's true. Either this is to give Kessler a boost of confidence in order to make him come to the ring a bit more relax than he should or it's the preemptive excuse. Nobody will make me believe that Froch would go to war with an injury on top of the bit of extra stress he has had to come to Denmark, especially when the stuff at stake is so important.

I don't buy it.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I suppose it depends on the extent of the injury, obviously if u break a led then u can't fight. If he isn't fit to fight then the doctorsa woudllnt allow it presumably. Fat Mick does seem fucking clueless though askin for a postponment without suggesting an alternative.

Doubt it's double bluff as the point of that would be to inspire hope and over confidence in ur opponent, something Kessler needs IMO as he ran out of ideas ang gave up against ward.
    Mikkel Kessler certainly won't run out of idea's, against a come straight forward fighter like Carl Froch. Who is so easy to hit, i think Mikkel Kessler will look really good here. And Carl Froch doesn't seem to fancy the job at all here.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My boy Kess has really dissapointed me ever since the Joe fight...
    I thought the loss to Joe would enrage him and light his ass up and just go all out. Instead he went completely the opposite and the fashion in which he lost to Ward was just awful...

I really don't know what to think anymore on him. I'm rooting for him but if he loses it really wont mean much to me it'll just be like mehhh, so he lost.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has come up with many pre-emptive excuses coming into this fight, the planes have put him off, a bit injured, etc, etc.

Up until a week ago I expected him to walk it, but now, I'll be suprised if he doesn't get knocked out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably had a bad training camp and he knew it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    My boy Kess has really dissapointed me ever since the Joe fight...
    I thought the loss to Joe would enrage him and light his ass up and just go all out. Instead he went completely the opposite and the fashion in which he lost to Ward was just awful...

I really don't know what to think anymore on him. I'm rooting for him but if he loses it really wont mean much to me it'll just be like mehhh, so he lost.

Same here...I used to be big on Kessler and thought after Calzaghe left for 176 and then retired he would step up big and claim the division...But guess not ..

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is now claiming he had a perforated eardrum. Ha. You still lost. Won't change that red L on boxrec Johnny boy.

Thread Information