0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather v Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    I hope Shane wins this by KO but it won't happen. Man this 24/7 stuff gets you guy's all twisted up LOL. Leaving you think Shane even has a chance here. Do you guy's remember Luis Collazo or Mayorga hell even Vargas in the first fight? These were middle of the road fighter's and Shane had a very tough time with all of them. What makes you think Shane even has a chance here? It is very hard to face facts but Floyd is a much different animal then anyone Shane has fought in the past few years. I would love the Shane of '00 when he fought Oscar to face Floyd but it's not. It is 2010 and this fight is 5 to 10 years to late. But I can always hope. Let's go Shane !!!
    Couldn't agree with that more! 24/7 made me to believe that Jones had a shot against Calzaghe, Hatton had a shot against Mayweather, Marquez had a shot against Floyd, etc. I hope this isn't the case for this one.

I'm also on the "my heart says Shane but my mind says Floyd" boat. I think Shane wins the early rounds by being busy. Floyd figures Shane out by the mid rounds accompanied with Shane slowing down his output. Floyd wins a unanimous decision.

I REALLY want to see Shane press Floyd the entire fight forcing Floyd to dig deep and have to fight back. We will see...
    I don't see Shane winning early rounds.. Floyd isn't going to give any rounds away, and if Shane is being 'busy' that means floyd is countering and scoring.. the only way Shane will win rounds is if he turns the fight into a brawl for spurts of time throughout a round.. 10-15 seconds a few times per round.. that's how shane will score, if he can do that.. otherwise, you're going to see Floyd vs. Oscar again.. pot shotting and shane stalking.. if shane is winning early rounds, then floyd is in trouble.. Also, i don't see how Floyd will need half of the fight to figure out shane, shane is pretty straight forward, just goes right at you and throws hard punches.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am hyped for this fight too and have ordered Sky for it just to see this fight the thieving capitalist gits.

noooooooooooooooooooo!

my mrs got an iphone apparently can get skysports for £6 a mth on it
    You should make a proper night of it. Invite all your mates rounds, get some beers in, bit of food, bit of banter, you know, a proper blokes evening - then all crowd around Mrs Drago's iphone, squinting as you try to make out who is who. Top banter!
    classic
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    I hope i'm wrong but i think this fight will be a dissapointment. by round 6 shane will be barely throwing anything (even though i expect him to start quick)

floyd's foot work is exceptional I don't think shane will get near him.
    I can see that. The performance of Mosley in the Mayorga fight rings vivid in my mind, Mosley was slow and very limited. Of course he knocked Mayorga out in the last second, which was amazing, but hopefully that was the last time I ever saw Mosley plod about like that.

Mayweather will make a mistake and he'll be hesitant, just as he was against de la Hoya.

Mosley is always a classy sort of guy, even his sly remarks toward Floyd have that extra veteran wisdom to it. He always trains and eats well, so this should be a dynamite night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Shane will bring it in a big way. pbf has resorted to trash talking and cheap shots, perhaps a sign of nerves. even at 39 mosely is one of the best fighter pbf has faced. I am hoping that shane pummels him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people look TOO much into the Mayorga fight. Mayorga weighed in on fight night as a light heavyweight if I'm not mistaken. The size disparity alone was bothering Shane. Whenever Mayorga bull rushed him, Shane was lifted off his feet. Anyone would struggle with a weight disadvantage like that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to say the same thing I've said in the other millions threads about this fight - Mayweather by WIDE UD. Something like 118-110, 117-111. Mosley is going to look old and befudded as Mayweather completely outclasses him. Then, we'll get to experience the typical revisionist history when people start discrediting the win, calling Mosley old and saying they knew he was passed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that mayweather is gonna beat shane up. I Give only PacMan a chance and the only reason i say that is because mayweather always has been caught with big shots by southpaw Judah and Chop Chop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I'm going to say the same thing I've said in the other millions threads about this fight - Mayweather by WIDE UD. Something like 118-110, 117-111. Mosley is going to look old and befudded as Mayweather completely outclasses him. Then, we'll get to experience the typical revisionist history when people start discrediting the win, calling Mosley old and saying they knew he was passed it.
    Is this not a fact? Hell even floyd on the first episode of 24/7 said

"motherfucker you're 40! nobody gives a shit about you"
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think shane gives floyd a tough night. im picking mosley by close ud

job biscuit (maybe later, nows not the time)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is not going to win. Why? Because he doesn't want this fight. He just wants the money and half his attention has been on Pacquiao. He and his family won't shut up about Pacquiao. Every fukn interview someone opens his mount about stupid shit. They can't even attack Mosley right about Balco to get in his head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all know Floyd is going to win this one...we just all hope he will get through a TOUGH fight with Shane.

Shane is a hell of a fighter, but he cannot compete against PBF, not with this speed and stamina.

I just hope Shane will be able to trap him and land something big...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want mosley to win, but as most others have said pbf takes it, but I don't think there is any way its a 118-110 decision. Even at 40 mosley has probably the quickest hands from anyone that pbf has faced in the last few years. So yeah pbf is going to do his usual thing potshoting and what not, but hopefully shane can just absorb that and get to pbf in the later rounds and knock him on his ass. Also people like to bring up the vargas and mayorga fights both those fights were at 154, and shane basically slugged it out with them, when he didn't have to...a big reason why most people like shane better than pbf his willingness to slug it out when he doesn't have to. So I am hoping for a shane ko, but see a pbf ud like 115-113 or 116-112.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I want mosley to win, but as most others have said pbf takes it, but I don't think there is any way its a 118-110 decision. Even at 40 mosley has probably the quickest hands from anyone that pbf has faced in the last few years. So yeah pbf is going to do his usual thing potshoting and what not, but hopefully shane can just absorb that and get to pbf in the later rounds and knock him on his ass. Also people like to bring up the vargas and mayorga fights both those fights were at 154, and shane basically slugged it out with them, when he didn't have to...a big reason why most people like shane better than pbf his willingness to slug it out when he doesn't have to. So I am hoping for a shane ko, but see a pbf ud like 115-113 or 116-112.
    Great take on it. I see it very similar.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The defeat that worries me most of Mosleys is the Cotto one. The 1st Forrest 1 can be put down to styles make fights and the headbutt had alot to do with it. I think he won teh return and the Winky fights were just a case of losing to a bigger man but there is no excuse for losing to Cotto.

If he couldnt beat him back then, I cant see how he beats Floyd now. He's only got older and slower. I've just rewatched the fight and what I noticed is how many times Mosley landed flush but had no effect. Aside from Miguels KO defeats he has been floored many times. Mosley never really shook him up even when he landed his best shots so I question what impact his shots will have on Floyd who has a great defence protecting a great chin than has only ever been tested by southpaws.

Cotto imposed his style on Shane and Jack Mosley wasnt much help.Nazim will be a better cornerman I imagine. There was nothing in the fight TBH but I think the judges were swayed by the Ricans cheering everytime Cotto threw whether he landed or missed. In the Floyd fight that wont be the case. If anything they will cheer Shanes every punch.

I see a close 12 rounder 115-113 in favour of Floyd but some will say Mosley deserved it on aggression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Sr predicts something extraordinary will happen in the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwRYV8p1Sj0

Thread Information