Thread: WBC Bans Arizona due to “the shameful, inhumane anti-immigration law"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WBC Bans Arizona due to “the shameful, inhumane anti-immigration law"

Boxing - Fightnews

World Boxing Council President Jose Sulaiman, the WBC Board of Governors, and the Federation of Boxing Commissions of Mexico (FECOMBOX) have unanimously agreed not to authorize Mexican boxers to leave the country to fight professionally in Arizona due to “the shameful, inhumane, and discriminatory anti-immigration law, which is no other thing than a flagrant violation to the basic principles of dignity and equality between races.” A WBC statement likened the new Arizona law cracking down on illegal immigration to apartheid in South Africa noting that great figures of boxing have fought in Arizona including Julio Cesar Chavez, Salvador Sanchez, Konstantin Tszyu, and “Coloradito” Lopez and that the WBC will not expose boxers “to suffer that degrading act, humiliating and inhumane, as racial discrimination is.” The prohibition will come into effect on May 1st, 2010, respecting retroactive contracts. The WBC also notes that they are certain that the Arizona State Boxing Commission will understand that this is “an action against politicians who do not have a just mind and do not respect human equality.”
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC Bans Arizona due to “the shameful, inhumane anti-immigration law"

the wbc should be banned for their shameful practice of ruining boxer through interim belts, champion in recess belts, etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC Bans Arizona due to “the shameful, inhumane anti-immigration law"

Sulaiman don't what the fuk he's talk about.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is actually for a good cause, the law is rooted in racism and is actually kind of scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC should stay out of politics. This law is not rooted in racism, it's rooted in desperation because the federal gov't refuses to do anything about the border and illegal immigration. I can understand why some people don't like it but it's ridiculous that before this, cops can't even stop known gang members to see if their illegal or not. And the Mexicans are such hypocrites....try being a Central American sneaking into Mexico and see how you're treated.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    The WBC should stay out of politics. This law is not rooted in racism, it's rooted in desperation because the federal gov't refuses to do anything about the border and illegal immigration. I can understand why some people don't like it but it's ridiculous that before this, cops can't even stop known gang members to see if their illegal or not. And the Mexicans are such hypocrites....try being a Central American sneaking into Mexico and see how you're treated.

Why don't they just build a huge ditch across the whole continent right to sea level and then just push South America a few miles south? Build a bridge or isthmus and control the entry from there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Why don't they just build a huge ditch across the whole continent right to sea level and then just push South America a few miles south? Build a bridge or isthmus and control the entry from there?
    Better yet, why don't they just discard the whole concept of citizenship, and just let everybody and anybody in. I mean, who needs laws?
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I don't see the problem with being expected to carry ID around with you. A foreigner is expected to have ID at all times where I live and it isn't a problem. Mind you I have never been asked for my ID and I rarely carry it anyway, but I don't fear any consequences as I have permanent residential status. All it takes is a quick flash of the card and you are on your merry way unless you ain't got the VISA. In which case you should be deported.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

carrying our ID is not a issue, it gives help to identifing a person

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Retarded...let boxing be boxing and politics be politcs. Hell most of watch sports to get away from all that type of crap anyway. Besides like arizona really gives a crap what the wbc does. They don't even listen to thier own voters.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Retarded...let boxing be boxing and politics be politcs. Hell most of watch sports to get away from all that type of crap anyway. Besides like arizona really gives a crap what the wbc does. They don't even listen to thier own voters.
    Great post. This is essentially how I feel.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pretty much anyplace you travel as you need ID. Need to have a passport. No reason at all why it should be different in the US. In case no one has noticed, Mexico is having huge problems with drug cartels, which is spilling over into the border states. The Feds have not done anything so Arizona did, I think in hopes the Feds will finally live up to their promises...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC is going about this all wrong. They should reschedule all fights to Arizona to flood those idiots with as many Mexicans as possible. Illegal immigration is a serious issue, but this particular piece of legislation is counter productive and will definately cause more problems than it will solve.

You wanna see my papers? How bout I pull out the fourth amendment, dickholes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Dan Rafael said: Anything that keeps the WBC out of the United States is a good thing.

F- Jose Suliman and his corrupt paper titles.

El Kabong Guest

Amir Khan just got sent out of the US for visa problems....I wonder if the WBC is going to say anything about that? I highly doubt it as #1 Khan isn't Mexican #2 He trains in LA and the fight vs Malinaggi is in New York.

The WBC is just trying to bully a state that has put on decent but not great boxing shows.

Politics and boxing shouldn't mix the last time they did we had people calling Joe Frazier an 'Uncle Tom' simply because he wasn't as outspoken about the Vietnam War and Civil Rights as Ali was, not that he disagreed with Ali on those issues, it's just there are some very ignorant people out there and stirring shit up like this is wrong.

FUCK the WBC!!!

...and as for the law in Arizona either ILLEGAL immigration is against the law or it's not. I know I wouldn't be welcomed into Mexico with open arms (well maybe by the police there) if I went there illegally. So what's the big fucking deal?

Thread Information