Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No longer wish to see

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    We didnt see the Mosley interview in England and only got part of the Floyd 1 cuz transmission failed.

What excuses did Mosley give for being so poor? Did he hint at retirement?
    He said that he concentrated on the knock out after the 2nd round. And that messed him up. It wasn't what he said. It's the way he said it. He's starting to slur his words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but did anyone else think that Shane was a bit over friendly? He's always been sportsmanlike, which is why he is so well-liked, but he seemed way too friendly. He was trying to touch gloves every 30 seconds and he paid the price once when Floyd clocked him as he was trying to touch them up. Then he wanted to chat it up! I was like Shane, the town hall debate is down the street, this is a fight! It's almost like he wasn't there to win.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missed the interview.Was it Riddick bowe after Golota bad ?? Do think he's just about run his course...wish we would have had that Cotto/Mosley rematch.Certainly has a ggod future in promotions but think he'll go the stubborn route and we'll see him again,soon.I dont think he's 'shot' by any means but he's not terribly hard to find with shots,and his pride and chin bring him thru them.Name remains large....Bad combo for a guy showing signs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not often I disagree with VD, but I do here. I'm not going to make a judgement on a guy who's just had the crap beat out of him. If I see an interview in a month where he's talking like that then yeah, but he'd just taken over 200+ punches and for the first time in his career been on the verge of being stopped.

I think he's still got enough and he can come back and whoop anyone at 147 bar Floyd & Manny (even there I'd give him a shot), and could probably beat most guys at 154. Wouldn't mind him matching up with either the Cotto/Foreman winner or the Williams/Cintron winner. Shane ain't done.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Not often I disagree with VD, but I do here. I'm not going to make a judgement on a guy who's just had the crap beat out of him. If I see an interview in a month where he's talking like that then yeah, but he'd just taken over 200+ punches and for the first time in his career been on the verge of being stopped.

I think he's still got enough and he can come back and whoop anyone at 147 bar Floyd & Manny (even there I'd give him a shot), and could probably beat most guys at 154. Wouldn't mind him matching up with either the Cotto/Foreman winner or the Williams/Cintron winner. Shane ain't done.
    Like I said I think Mosley is still a top 10 welter. I would favor him over most of the division. It ain't that he can't fight no more. Cuz he still can. But the slurring has already started. He's almost 40. He's never been a great defensive fighter. He's going to take shots no matter who he faces. Shots I don't think he needs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Like I said I think Mosley is still a top 10 welter. I would favor him over most of the division. It ain't that he can't fight no more. Cuz he still can. But the slurring has already started. He's almost 40. He's never been a great defensive fighter. He's going to take shots no matter who he faces. Shots I don't think he needs.
    Yeah he needs to stop, he can still fight and beat most guys out there, but he's slurring as you said and at being 38 ain't going to help him.

Shane's got money and he owns a small stake in GBP, help Oscar promote the fights and just kick back and enjoy life. He gave the fans everything in the ring and more, would love to see him retire.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, I feel you on that, I'd just like to see him go out on a win. I think he's still Top 10 P4P and can beat a load of these guys. I know what you're saying about the slurring, but I was listening to an interview after the 2nd Oscar fight & he sounded similar to me. If he's slurring in normal conversation a month from now, then definitely he should get out, but I don't want to judge it on the aftermath of a fight where took a shitload of punches. I think a rematch with Cotto is good money & easily winnable for him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

When it comes to boxing knowledge and understanding, VD is easily one of the best posters on this site. Fact.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When it comes to boxing knowledge and understanding, VD is easily one of the best posters on this site. Fact.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His is clearly bigger then yours Fenster...fact!

Thread Information