Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: what is the best blood testing compromise for pacquiao-mayweather fight?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is the best blood testing compromise for pacquiao-mayweather fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what is the best blood testing compromise for pacquiao-mayweather fight?

what is the best blood testing compromise for pacquiao-mayweather fight?

vote in the poll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what is the best blood testing compromise for pacquiao-mayweather fight?

i voted for an 18 day cut off because it meets the 14 days requested by floyd and the 24 day cut off requested by pac in the middle(or there abouts), it seems a logical compramise. JUST MAKE THE FUKKIN FIGHT HAPPEN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what is the best blood testing compromise for pacquiao-mayweather fight?

Compromise? utter bollox there is no compromise. Olympic style testing is just that. Random testing up to the fight, other wise it's pointless. If pac's clean he's nothing to worry about. Floyd is going through the exact same thing so no fighter is at a disadvantage.

If your against testing your against fairness in sport and really as far as i'm concerned you can fuck off cuz you're a part of the problem.

I don't want to see a compromise on this issue. I want pac to prove he's clean and that his previous wins are legit. He's even had a good few months now to let any shit he was on drain out of his system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Compromise? utter bollox there is no compromise. Olympic style testing is just that. Random testing up to the fight, other wise it's pointless. If pac's clean he's nothing to worry about. Floyd is going through the exact same thing so no fighter is at a disadvantage.

If your against testing your against fairness in sport and really as far as i'm concerned you can fuck off cuz you're a part of the problem.

I don't want to see a compromise on this issue. I want pac to prove he's clean and that his previous wins are legit. He's even had a good few months now to let any shit he was on drain out of his system.
    i understand where ur comin from hf, and i do agree, but my view is what i think will have to happen for the fight to go forward and not what i personally think is right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expect the mayweather team to hold strong. No comprimising, No tests no fight. And like i've said before I don't expect the fight to happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

isn't it team mayweather already offered the 14 days cutoff and testing right after the fight?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the $10 million per lb clause was the compromise for the blood testing, just Pacquiao bitched out like a primadona

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    the $10 million per lb clause was the compromise for the blood testing, just Pacquiao bitched out like a primadona
    if pacquiao drops the $10 million penalty, is it fair that blood testing will also be dropped?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
    if pacquiao drops the $10 million penalty, is it fair that blood testing will also be dropped?
    maybe, but after hearing mayweathers post mosley fight interview, where he says no drug tests no fight i cant see it happening personally

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    maybe, but after hearing mayweathers post mosley fight interview, where he says no drug tests no fight i cant see it happening personally
    compromise should be made for this fight to happen. floyd's demand of olympic style blood testing is not presently required by boxing commission. pacquiao offering a 24 days cutoff and testing right after the fight is already a compromise to what floyd demanded which is not really required for a boxing fight in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No not at all. That's like saying we'll drop the ten mill for every pound over (even though floyd does 147 easily) if you allow pac to take drugs. They are completely seperate issues.

Not once has floyd asked for the 10 million per pound over thing to be dropped. why? because he will come in inside the weight. Why does pac want the tests compromised? hmmm I wonder....
    Last edited by Hornfinger; 05-06-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No not at all. That's like saying we'll drop the ten mill for every pound over (even though floyd does 147 easily) if you allow pac to take drugs. They are completely seperate issues.

Not once has floyd asked for the 10 million per pound over thing to be dropped. why? because he will come in inside the weight. Why does pac want the tests compromised? hmmm I wonder....
    you're right, the penalty clause and blood testing are 2 separate issues as opposed to what was pointed out by another poster.

pacquiao offered a 24 days cutoff and testing right after the fight compromise since olympic style blood testing were not really required by boxing commissions for a boxing match in the first place. pacquiao already made a compromise by agreeing to blood testing with 24 days cutoff and testing right after the fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NSAC has it's own regulations and penalties for coming in overweight, so why does Pacquiao have to make up a $10 million per lb clause?

i think the blood tests should happen, and it should be the norm, not just in this fight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NSAC has it's own regulations and penalties for coming in overweight, so why does Pacquiao have to make up a $10 million per lb clause?

i think the blood tests should happen, and it should be the norm, not just in this fight
    we can discuss the weight penalty clause in another thread since it's a completely separate issue from blood testing. these 2 are not related.

stringent blood testing might be the way to go in the future but its total implementation still needs to be studied thoroughly. some issues are;
    - will it be for all boxers? (as what you suggested) including those undercard boxers
    - who will shoulder the blood testing cost of roughly $20k per boxer per fight ($20k is larger than some boxers' purses)

until such time that boxing commissions already has the blood testing in place, we can contend ourselves with compromise testing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we can discuss the weight penalty clause in another thread since it's a completely separate issue from blood testing. these 2 are not related.

stringent blood testing might be the way to go in the future but its total implementation still needs to be studied thoroughly. some issues are;
    - will it be for all boxers? (as what you suggested) including those undercard boxers
    - who will shoulder the blood testing cost of roughly $20k per boxer per fight ($20k is larger than some boxers' purses)

until such time that boxing commissions already has the blood testing in place, we can contend ourselves with compromise testing.
    Well you can start by putting it on title fights and make the IBF wbo wbc wba etc etc pay for it. Failing that take it out of the fight purse.

That would be a decent start.

Thread Information