Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Derek Chisora

A very poor man's Herbie Hide. Very, very poor.

On the bright side, he has an exciting future in Prizefighter.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    I don't remember talking about making a wish? I just hope your ringside to kiss him better.
    ....you had better start wishing because YOUR BOY doesn't have a shot vs Wlad or Vitali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    A very poor man's Herbie Hide. Very, very poor.

On the bright side, he has an exciting future in Prizefighter.

bit harsh mate

del boy can bang, if he can stop biting peoples earholes he`ll at the very least dominate at european level
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Thankfully, the UK is the only nation which has a downside and whose boxers can be classless bastards....he's not the first man to bite somebody's ear off in the ring....and the guy who did it in an even more high-profile way wasn't British at all...
    #1 I didn't say that the US could not produce fighters with such a mentality

#2 I don't hate all British fighters I just wish more would show a little class, I'm sorry if Prince Naseem, Ricky Hatton's fans, and the fuckwit that has the WBA heavyweight title have kind of drawn my disdain.

Perhaps it's just that England produces fewer top quality fighters and ergo a higher pecentage of your top quality fighters are classless bastards.

Is it a coincidence that the 3 brit fighters you named/dislike were/are all legit world champs and beat the snot out of many american/mexican fighters? I think not.

Get over it lyle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That wasn't a legit british title fight. Let's see who chisora defends against. If he beats, audley or even fury then I think he'll have decent claim. But an old retired williams who cam to make up the numbers/get a pay day. Nah. He was given that belt he ain't earnt it yet. Stil price or dallas would destroy him.
    Last edited by Hornfinger; 05-17-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    That wasn't a legit british title fight. Let's see who chisora defends against. If he beats, audley or even fury then I think he'll have decent claim. But an old retired williams who cam to make up the numbers/get a pay day. Nah. He was given that belt he ain't earnt it yet. Stil price or dallas would destroy him.
    O rite I because you say it's not legit it don't count lol Come on Barry give your head a wobble lad, and Price could actually do with fighting someone with a pulse before thinking about fighting Chisora, add to that Price's chin is made of china. Can't see him doing much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    O rite I because you say it's not legit it don't count lol Come on Barry give your head a wobble lad, and Price could actually do with fighting someone with a pulse before thinking about fighting Chisora, add to that Price's chin is made of china. Can't see him doing much.

Oh sorry I forgot the concept of someone having their own opinion is lost on you sheepy.

Are you a nazi in your spare time?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Clearly Haye aside there are no real stars in the British heavyweight division.

That said however, there are a bunch of reasonably talented European level fighters who can make for great fights. In terms of the rivalries that we can have the domestic heavyweight scene is by far the most stacked division in British boxing.

Just think we have Haye, who to be fair is a cut above these guys and likely won't be involved in any fights with them.

But under him we have.

Audley Harrison
    Sam Sexton
    Tyson Fury
    Derek Chisora

Then we have former stalwerts who may carry on in

Matt Skelton
    Martin Rogan
    Michael Sprott
    John McDermott

Add to that a few unbeaten prospects headed in

David Price
    Tom Dallas
    Richard Towers

and there is likely to be more fun fights in the British heavyweight scene than at a world level imo.
    Hey don't forget my boy and the new southern area heavyweight champ, Larry Olubamiwo

Yup, he's still very rough around the edges but just needs to land one punch on any of those names you listed above to put them to sleep..So I'd put his name up simply for that

And don't forget he trains with Freddie Roach now for a few weeks of his camps. (I think Roach is over-rated personally but he's still a world class coach so he can only improve Larry who raves about Roach's coaching ability)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Derek has done his best to get the Brits on his side. He was more respectful post fight. He wore union jack trunks and he had the oly fools and horses theme music. He did the business in the ring too which counts so maybe we should give him a second chance. He has already beaten Sexton and he is the British champ in only his 13th fight. I wish him well

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Derek has done his best to get the Brits on his side. He was more respectful post fight. He wore union jack trunks and he had the oly fools and horses theme music. He did the business in the ring too which counts so maybe we should give him a second chance. He has already beaten Sexton and he is the British champ in only his 13th fight. I wish him well
    If he continues this way, and keeps a few of his more outlandish opinions to himself, I'm sure he'll win over plenty of the fans. As for the fight itself, I thought Danny put up a very weak resistance, but there's plenty of up and comers with more vigour out there who will test Chisora much more. Price...probably not one of them unfortunately, I agree with the opinion that his chin doesn't look too great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

having shared a ring with him, i can say he is every bit the guy he comes across.....take from that what you will lol.....cant see him making it passed domestic level.....decent puncher, decent skill level, but doesnt like being pushed back.......a good martin rogan beats him

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Clearly Haye aside there are no real stars in the British heavyweight division.

That said however, there are a bunch of reasonably talented European level fighters who can make for great fights. In terms of the rivalries that we can have the domestic heavyweight scene is by far the most stacked division in British boxing.

Just think we have Haye, who to be fair is a cut above these guys and likely won't be involved in any fights with them.

But under him we have.

Audley Harrison
    Sam Sexton
    Tyson Fury
    Derek Chisora

Then we have former stalwerts who may carry on in

Matt Skelton
    Martin Rogan
    Michael Sprott
    John McDermott

Add to that a few unbeaten prospects headed in

David Price
    Tom Dallas
    Richard Towers

and there is likely to be more fun fights in the British heavyweight scene than at a world level imo.
    Hey don't forget my boy and the new southern area heavyweight champ, Larry Olubamiwo

Yup, he's still very rough around the edges but just needs to land one punch on any of those names you listed above to put them to sleep..So I'd put his name up simply for that

And don't forget he trains with Freddie Roach now for a few weeks of his camps. (I think Roach is over-rated personally but he's still a world class coach so he can only improve Larry who raves about Roach's coaching ability)
    Is Larry the MASSIVE coloured guy? Built like a block of flats, little tech, but can swing those big arms and bang?

Is that the one? Fights on Sky Fight Nights a bit?

I really like him, if he can learn some skills he can trouble most.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    YOUR BOY
    Why don't you just write the "n" word Lyle? You know you really want to.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post

Is Larry the MASSIVE coloured guy? Built like a block of flats, little tech, but can swing those big arms and bang?

That's the one. Has a big right hand that could still knock you out even if you had 5 pillows to absorb the shock. Crude but effective.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post

That's the one. Has a big right hand that could still knock you out even if you had 5 pillows to absorb the shock. Crude but effective.
    Yeah but the problem is you can see what is coming 10 seconds before it does. I see any of the other British level fighters (Chisora, Price, Dallas or Fury) all being too good for him.

Thread Information