Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fantastic night at upton park last night

Made my year so far. Ive been to west ham games aplenty when the stadium has literally shook, been to cup finals etc but never have i enjoyed an atmosphere as much as i did last night.

Heading off to upton park around 7.30ish to find a chorus of 20 somethings mostly fellas with the odd bird here and there singing mitchell songs and anti-aussie songs of course . Pretty much everyone mosing around the stadium pre fight had an alcoholic beverage of some kind on them and everyone was chatting to one another as if we were all friends.

When i entered the ground i was delighted to see not a kiddy in sight which was a welcome privalege for the normal west ham game because it allowed us to chill out and not have to worry about offending anyone with children or upseting parents etc. The amount of ladies in skimpy clothing was a welcome surprise for a fine specimen such as myself and naturally what with me having 4 buttons down and a fine spring of chest hair out on display i had more than a few lady admirers perving at my assets, not that i was bothered in anyway, tonight was all about the boxing and being a lad.

When we entered we soon discovered that the only bar in our section of the bobby moore lower serving was about 20-30 rows deep with people waiting for drinks and we eventually drew short straws as to who would be the unlucky one to have to line up to get the drinks in and thanfully i wasnt it . The toilets were ram packed with party goers needing to relieve themselves and the odd few fellas who would pack into a particular cubicle to snort up (or thats what i hoped they were doing)

When we arrived at our seats the williams-chisora fight was just about to get going and night air was still bright as the sun was setting which meant there was no need for any of the in ring lights to be switched on just yet. As Derek Chisora had just finished tearing through a completely shot and pathetic danny williams my mate returned from the concourses empty handed claiming that they had ran out of beer and had shut up for the evening leaving me to ponder the dreaded screnario of seeing out the evenings events...not pissed

I was however soon cheered up as the row directly below us began to fill up with 10-12 rather attractive looking fillys all of which appeared to be single and free of any male company which naturally made us rather happy particularly at the fact we were directly above them which meant we got to have a good perv at the clevage

Come the de gale fight and i began to inform my mates at why james was so negatively received upon arrival and how his style made for not a very attractive fighter. At this point several of the fine looking ladys below turned around to glance at me briefly in admiration at the fact i was a boxing man therefore naturally hard and able to protect myself. They were extremely impressed and my friends were becoming increasingly proud of how capable i was of winning over the opposite sex with my supreme boxing knowledge.

JDG won the fans over unanimously both before and after the fight by displaying a hammers sign with his arms (yes us west ham fans really are that fickle). The wait began for the big one and apart from the endless singing of im forever blowing bubbles, east london is wonderful, knees up mother brown etc the only other entertainment came from the rather attractive west ham cheerleaders and 2 arsenal fans on the other side of our stand who became a tad too rowdy and ended up getting a good slap from the locals before being removed.

Music played over the tannoy..."high ho silver lining" "who the fuk is alice" and finally the main event was ready to begin. The cockney rejects brought out mitchell and were just horrible. Nobody knew what they were singing and kev appeared far too confident as he punched away the balloons. The fight got going and once again i impressed my female fans in the row below as well as all around us with my amazing boxing knowledge and i even ended up throwing in a few jazmerkin quotes that i often have no idea what they mean.

Mitchell got careless and got sparked for his troubles, a few lads behind us who had had 1-2 tizers too many got larey and decided to throw glass bottles around which naturally didnt go down well.

All in all however a great nights entertainment and west ham apart from the bar issue done themselves proud (unlike mitchell, the twat). Very much hope boxing comes to upton park again and so glad to see the sport i love so dearly can pull on peoples heartstrings still
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fantastic night at upton park last night

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    Made my year so far. Ive been to west ham games aplenty when the stadium has literally shook, been to cup finals etc but never have i enjoyed an atmosphere as much as i did last night.

Heading off to upton park around 7.30ish to find a chorus of 20 somethings mostly fellas with the odd bird here and there singing mitchell songs and anti-aussie songs of course . Pretty much everyone mosing around the stadium pre fight had an alcoholic beverage of some kind on them and everyone was chatting to one another as if we were all friends.

When i entered the ground i was delighted to see not a kiddy in sight which was a welcome privalege for the normal west ham game because it allowed us to chill out and not have to worry about offending anyone with children or upseting parents etc. The amount of ladies in skimpy clothing was a welcome surprise for a fine specimen such as myself and naturally what with me having 4 buttons down and a fine spring of chest hair out on display i had more than a few lady admirers perving at my assets, not that i was bothered in anyway, tonight was all about the boxing and being a lad.

When we entered we soon discovered that the only bar in our section of the bobby moore lower serving was about 20-30 rows deep with people waiting for drinks and we eventually drew short straws as to who would be the unlucky one to have to line up to get the drinks in and thanfully i wasnt it . The toilets were ram packed with party goers needing to relieve themselves and the odd few fellas who would pack into a particular cubicle to snort up (or thats what i hoped they were doing)

When we arrived at our seats the williams-chisora fight was just about to get going and night air was still bright as the sun was setting which meant there was no need for any of the in ring lights to be switched on just yet. As Derek Chisora had just finished tearing through a completely shot and pathetic danny williams my mate returned from the concourses empty handed claiming that they had ran out of beer and had shut up for the evening leaving me to ponder the dreaded screnario of seeing out the evenings events...not pissed

I was however soon cheered up as the row directly below us began to fill up with 10-12 rather attractive looking fillys all of which appeared to be single and free of any male company which naturally made us rather happy particularly at the fact we were directly above them which meant we got to have a good perv at the clevage

Come the de gale fight and i began to inform my mates at why james was so negatively received upon arrival and how his style made for not a very attractive fighter. At this point several of the fine looking ladys below turned around to glance at me briefly in admiration at the fact i was a boxing man therefore naturally hard and able to protect myself. They were extremely impressed and my friends were becoming increasingly proud of how capable i was of winning over the opposite sex with my supreme boxing knowledge.

JDG won the fans over unanimously both before and after the fight by displaying a hammers sign with his arms (yes us west ham fans really are that fickle). The wait began for the big one and apart from the endless singing of im forever blowing bubbles, east london is wonderful, knees up mother brown etc the only other entertainment came from the rather attractive west ham cheerleaders and 2 arsenal fans on the other side of our stand who became a tad too rowdy and ended up getting a good slap from the locals before being removed.

Music played over the tannoy..."high ho silver lining" "who the fuk is alice" and finally the main event was ready to begin. The cockney rejects brought out mitchell and were just horrible. Nobody knew what they were singing and kev appeared far too confident as he punched away the balloons. The fight got going and once again i impressed my female fans in the row below as well as all around us with my amazing boxing knowledge and i even ended up throwing in a few jazmerkin quotes that i often have no idea what they mean.

Mitchell got careless and got sparked for his troubles, a few lads behind us who had had 1-2 tizers too many got larey and decided to throw glass bottles around which naturally didnt go down well.

All in all however a great nights entertainment and west ham apart from the bar issue done themselves proud (unlike mitchell, the twat). Very much hope boxing comes to upton park again and so glad to see the sport i love so dearly can pull on peoples heartstrings still

Happy you enjoyed it mate, but a few things I have read from other fans were dissapointed with the whole night, I think think the card was pretty weak should of been another solid 12 rounder on the card maybe a Smith,Bellew or Cleverly. Obviously the fans bit upset after Kevs perfromance, I also read alot of fans pissed at how hard it was to get a drink, I was a bit suprised it only got 14 thousand as well bit of a poor turn out in truth, I think Warren must of took a big hit on this card. But hopefully Kev comes back, I think his level is european especially at lightweight, I have met Kev and he is a tiny bloke he aint no lightweight imo, needs to see if he can do Super Featherweight if not then alot of his assets I feel are gone at 135.

Happy you enjoyed yourself mate pity about the result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Happy you enjoyed it mate, but a few things I have read from other fans were dissapointed with the whole night, I think think the card was pretty weak should of been another solid 12 rounder on the card maybe a Smith,Bellew or Cleverly. Obviously the fans bit upset after Kevs perfromance, I also read alot of fans pissed at how hard it was to get a drink, I was a bit suprised it only got 14 thousand as well bit of a poor turn out in truth, I think Warren must of took a big hit on this card. But hopefully Kev comes back, I think his level is european especially at lightweight, I have met Kev and he is a tiny bloke he aint no lightweight imo, needs to see if he can do Super Featherweight if not then alot of his assets I feel are gone at 135.

Getting a beer wasnt hard, it was impossible

The card wasnt bad when you consider it was nothing more than a domestic event

Agree completely about mitchell with his weight. He is a natural 126/130 pounder fighting too high up in the hopes of landing a khan, hatton etc superfight which now is never going to happen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree completely about mitchell with his weight. He is a natural 126/130 pounder fighting too high up in the hopes of landing a khan, hatton etc superfight which now is never going to happen!
    Just read that Kev put alot of weight on with his time out with the hand injury and thinks he can never make 130 again shame if that is the case, bit worrying as well what has been coming out about his training camp, I thought there was problems when he had to strip to make weight, I did think what was all that about, but hopefully this experience will make him more hungrier and he will learn from his mistakes I hope so he is a lovely bloke Kev.

But I think Warren rushed him after Khan left him and no one in his camp really near that superstar status and Mitchell with the working class east end angle, Warren seen an oppurtunity, Mitchell has only ever fought one decent domestic foe in Johanasen and went to hell and back and that was against a guy who has been exposed a couple of times at Euro Level, I don't no if it is a good thing but Warren seems to be willing to take few more risks recently Enzo-Haye, Khan now Mitchell.

I honestly see similarities with Kell Brook, this is another kid getting rushed I hear Frank saying he will be ready for world title shot in 12 months, he has fought no one watsoever the kid is 23 a step in the right direction is him fighting Jennings in July but these young talents need better schooling then being thrown in with local bin man for 20-25 fights then expect to take on world class fighters to bigger jump for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just read that Kev put alot of weight on with his time out with the hand injury and thinks he can never make 130 again shame if that is the case, bit worrying as well what has been coming out about his training camp, I thought there was problems when he had to strip to make weight, I did think what was all that about, but hopefully this experience will make him more hungrier and he will learn from his mistakes I hope so he is a lovely bloke Kev.

But I think Warren rushed him after Khan left him and no one in his camp really near that superstar status and Mitchell with the working class east end angle, Warren seen an oppurtunity, Mitchell has only ever fought one decent domestic foe in Johanasen and went to hell and back and that was against a guy who has been exposed a couple of times at Euro Level, I don't no if it is a good thing but Warren seems to be willing to take few more risks recently Enzo-Haye, Khan now Mitchell.

I honestly see similarities with Kell Brook, this is another kid getting rushed I hear Frank saying he will be ready for world title shot in 12 months, he has fought no one watsoever the kid is 23 a step in the right direction is him fighting Jennings in July but these young talents need better schooling then being thrown in with local bin man for 20-25 fights then expect to take on world class fighters to bigger jump for me.
    The calzaghe effect mate

Warren held JC back far too long and by the time the big fights came around calzaghe was 37 and fighting seniors

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally, I loved the idea of Upton Park as a boxing venue, and I thought that in terms of the execution of the evening it seemed to go well from what I saw on TV, if only the boxing had lived up to the setting. You look at the fights in Vegas, and I think that open air boxing still has a place in the UK, despite the weather issues.

Shame that Kev couldn't give the fans what they wanted, but back on the horse, and time to work his way back up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The calzaghe effect mate

Warren held JC back far too long and by the time the big fights came around calzaghe was 37 and fighting seniors
    Not really. Cazlaghe fought Eubank not long after his 20th fight.

The difference is, these guys like Calzaghe, Hatton, Naz prove to be genuine world class whereas the Mitchells, Cooks, Arthurs, Enzos etc prove to be not.

It's all about levels.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

The calzaghe effect mate

Not really. Cazlaghe fought Eubank not long after his 20th fight.

The difference is, these guys like Calzaghe, Hatton, Naz prove to be genuine world class whereas the Mitchells, Cooks, Arthurs, Enzos etc prove to be not.

It's all about levels.

Yes suppose your rite actually like you say it's just the current crop are not in the same class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell you who looked absolute dog shite Ricky Burns, maybe we let him off he has been out a long time, but I don't think Martinez will be loosing any sleep.

Hammer did you stay till the end or get off after the Mitchell fight? I hear Matty Hall fought after and destroyed his opponent, did you see it? If so how did he look?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell you who looked absolute dog shite Ricky Burns, maybe we let him off he has been out a long time, but I don't think Martinez will be loosing any sleep.

Hammer did you stay till the end or get off after the Mitchell fight? I hear Matty Hall fought after and destroyed his opponent, did you see it? If so how did he look?

left as soon as it ended, to be honest i was waiting for the hall fight all evening and had just come to the conclusion it had already taken place by the time i took my seat

Harsh but kind of have to agree with fensters post earlier down. Mitchells a class above the likes of earl, cook etc but clearly isnt in the league of the elite level brits that have been succesful over the years.

If the storys of mitchell out and about in lakeside with his mates hours before the fight are indeed true then kevin has mugged not just himself out of a world title but 20 odd thousand fans who spent a hell of a lot of money to go and see him

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think these up and coming fighters need to leave the UK shores and go train in the US for a year or so. Yes natural talent will take you so far but I think the better sparring (and training techniques) are to be had abroad.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    I think these up and coming fighters need to leave the UK shores and go train in the US for a year or so. Yes natural talent will take you so far but I think the better sparring (and training techniques) are to be had abroad.
    That's the closest you'll ever come to complimenting Khan.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great read, glad you had a good time.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lightbulb Re: Fantastic night at upton park last night

I've got to say Hammer I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere, I thought it lacked the passion of West Ham games, as it largely had a kind of bumbling football fan attitude to it. It was nowhere near as good as the atmosphere in the MGM Grand before the Pac-Hatton fight for me.

Getting drinks was a nightmare, and I had every unknowledgeable football fan trying to tell me why Kev would beat the shit out of Amir Khan. Not to mention meeting Mitchell's cousin's boyfriend who on discovering that I box, tried to sell me all kinds of PEDs

Anyway, me and my mate had great seats, right at the front of the East Stand (we were directly in line with where Kev eventually got stopped). The only problem was the Mancs who'd come to support Matty Hall (friends of yours Skel?). Actually that's not fair, they were all sound blokes except for one completely pissed up knob called Jimmy. He was clearly spoiling for a fight with someone shouting 'fuck West Ham' at me and anyone else who supported the club, then trying to pull his cock out and wave it about, before his coup de grace, which was trying to set fire to some 18 year olds jacket. Somehow his friends kept him from harm, but his knobbishness was extremely distracting during the undercard.

Williams looked completely shot, but I was impressed with Chisora for the first time since the Sexton fight. Ricky Burns looked like he'd get massacred by Martinez, although I was impressed again by Liam Walsh, who battered Ibrar Riyaz who is much better than his record suggests. I was glad to see DeGale do well, he moved nicely and took apart a decent opponent. I didn't hear anything negative for him, he's gotta be Frank's next hope for the venue if he's going to do it again (although given that Upton Park is officially the ground with the worst transport links in the country I don't know if that will happen).

So finally the main event gets underway, and The Cockney Rejects are basically there to just help the fans along with the words, but they still managed to fuck things up. I thought the fact that all the fans thought Katsidis was the challenger and started booing not realising it was Mitchell coming out was hilarious and so typical of the salt of the earth East London community. I'd heard beforehand from one or two people who train at Peacock's that Mitchell hadn't been training right, but I wasn't sure because you always hear this before a fight, but when Katsidis was jawing at him whilst in the ring and he stayed looking down I got worried. First round, not much happened but Kats outhustled him to take it. Mitchell boxed well the second round, and although he won it, there were warning signs at the end. The third was just a disaster, from the first punch that staggered him you could see he was in serious trouble and I said he would get stopped as he did. Initially everyone thought it was a terrible stoppage, but on seeing the replay on the big screen, Dave Parris made the right call (only time I will ever type that).

I think the way it ended was definitely dissatisfying, particularly because unlike West Ham defeats, it wasn't like you couldn't stick around in the vain hope of something else happening. What I was impressed with was Katsidis, he's dramatically improved from the guy who beat Graham Earl, and even the guy from the Casamayor & Diaz fights. I thought the discipline and skill he showed in the Escobedo fight was because Escobedo is imo all hype, but he definitely showed it wasn't against Mitchell, and whilst the best 140lbers would eat him alive, he could feasibly be the man at Lightweight soon.

It wasn't a bad night (aside from the Mitchell result), but it definitely lacked the buzz I was hoping for, probably because most of those there were football fans masquerading as boxing fans. The fight of the night was undoubtedly that one bloke taking on 8 policeman though, and even catching one of them clean. Quality.

Glad to see my boxing knowledge was able to help you impress what were no doubt some big-titted slappers

I got to say there were a fair few slags around post-fight, who seemed desperate for a length.

Thread Information