I'd like to see pavlik vs abraham i think it would be a good fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kelly pavlik

Abraham tried several times to get a fight with Pavlik to no avail when they were at middleweight. I don't know where Pavlik goes at a loaded 168 lbs. division.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to think Pavlik was going to do big things in boxing. He had a hell of a heart, workrate, great finisher and he put his punches together well. I think Hopkins ruined him and the Martinez fight just brought back bad flashbacks. I would have a hard time choosing Pavlik in another big fight for him.

El Kabong Guest

Hard times are ahead for Kelly in my opinion. His personal life is apparently unsettled and when he has fought big matches above 160 he has had BIG trouble.

I think at this point even Carl Froch could handle Kelly.

Kelly must stay away from: Abraham, Bute, and Ward...I think all those guys handle Kelly easily

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    Hard times are ahead for Kelly in my opinion. His personal life is apparently unsettled and when he has fought big matches above 160 he has had BIG trouble.

Kelly must stay away from: Abraham, Bute, and Ward...I think all those guys handle Kelly easily
    He needs a couple tomato cans to get his confidence back up, possibly a new trainer. There's only so much Jack Lowe can teach him IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post

whats going on in his personal life thats so bad?
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's quite obvious Kelly is troubled by quick and agile boxers not by brute force fighters. I hope Kelly improves on his footwork.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh this was the one for me a while ago.No doubt.But think Pavlik is just about to exit stage left now.The blueprints out on him and his psyche looks to have taken some dents when times get tough.Hate to say I think a hard luck story is ahead but hope he gets a huge opportunity for redemption.Needs to steer very clear of movers and quick hands...Abraham would be there but still favor Arthur.Cynically I'm still waiting for Hopkins to come around the corner with "a baseball bat" if Pavlik did not learn to bend his knees...maybe he gave more insight and advice in that instant than Lowe can dream of at this do or die stage.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Pavlik and wish him all the success in the world. Losing to Hopkins, while surprising given Hopkins' age, was not shameful in itself, considering Hopkins is a wily veteran with thousands of tricks up his sleeve. The loss to Martinez was even more surprising... but I think it's more a case of us underestimating Martinez than anything else. Martinez is just one of these guys that is better than most people want to give him credit for. Pavlik hasn't been savagely beaten, so it's not like he's running on fumes. Personally, I think he needs one or two confidence-building fights, as well as considering some tweaking in his corner. Miguel Cotto benefited greatly from a change in his corner... maybe Kelly could benefit not necessarily from a change, but at least some minor adjustments.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toogood4u View Post
    whats going on in his personal life thats so bad?
    Rumors about alcoholism and that getting him in trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think Kelly has something left. As C-Lo stated above he needs a new trainer pure and simple. He still has the power but poor footwork. He needs to go back to the basics of cutting the ring off and pounding his man into submission. After watching the Martinez fight live. In the middle rounds he was moving in behind his jab and as a result made those rounds look easy. Besides those rounds he looked like a slow,plodding,brawler trying to land one shot and his corner had nothing to say. Besides the obvious yes I would love to see a Pavlik , AA fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with the consensus - He needs to get his confidence back.

On form he is a strong, hard working fighter. If he isnt on form he is a limited, clueless fighter who get get into a rythm.

Abraham would not be a wise choice of opponent. As a fan Id love to see but its not in Pavliks best interests and I think he knows and thats why he'd avoided Abraham for the past 5 years. If they did fight I see Kelly playing right into Abrahams hands without even knowing. Before he realises it he will be caught by those bombs and taken out.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    I still think Kelly has something left. As C-Lo stated above he needs a new trainer pure and simple. He still has the power but poor footwork. He needs to go back to the basics of cutting the ring off and pounding his man into submission. After watching the Martinez fight live. In the middle rounds he was moving in behind his jab and as a result made those rounds look easy. Besides those rounds he looked like a slow,plodding,brawler trying to land one shot and his corner had nothing to say. Besides the obvious yes I would love to see a Pavlik , AA fight.
    I hate to say this, but unless there are some dramatic changes in Pavlik's personal life soon, Pavlik won't ever win another big fight. He needs to rededicate himself to boxing and he needs to leave Loew and train away from the distractions of Youngstown. I don't understand why Top Rank hasn't pushed this more; he was their cash cow. Any of the big names at 168 beat Pavlik at least in his current form.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I hate to say this, but unless there are some dramatic changes in Pavlik's personal life soon, Pavlik won't ever win another big fight. He needs to rededicate himself to boxing and he needs to leave Loew and train away from the distractions of Youngstown. I don't understand why Top Rank hasn't pushed this more; he was their cash cow. Any of the big names at 168 beat Pavlik at least in his current form.
    Pavlik is PERFECT for Abraham....that fight will be the end for Kelly if he takes it

Thread Information