Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What does your diet look like?

Those of you that have been around a while to know that I have some battles with my weight Through various diets (not all the most healthy) I have lost over 100 pounds and got to a pretty good level of fitness. I just can't seem to find a balance in my eating. What I want is to have quite a stuctured approach, with certain options for each meal etc. How do you guys manage your weight and what does you daily intake look like?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What does your diet look like?

today I had an orange for breakfast, tuna sarnie and a pack of hula hoops for lunch, chicken curry for dinner.

Thats pretty typical to be fair. As a houshold we've stopped buying anything we dont have to have food wise. We get a freezer pack from the butcher in the market and that takes care of our evening meals for the week so evening meals are generally meat and veg/salad/rice etc.

Tend to relax a little at the weekend, have a few beers etc.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    today I had an orange for breakfast, tuna sarnie and a pack of hula hoops for lunch, chicken curry for dinner.

Thats pretty typical to be fair. As a houshold we've stopped buying anything we dont have to have food wise. We get a freezer pack from the butcher in the market and that takes care of our evening meals for the week so evening meals are generally meat and veg/salad/rice etc.

Tend to relax a little at the weekend, have a few beers etc.
    Sounds like a good plan mate.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I eat shit for 3/4 months, then crash diet (usually carb free or similar) then once I have lost a load of weight I'll eat normal again.

I can't sustain a diet, so short bursts when I get too fat seem to keep me looking respectable. Whether or not I'll end up with stretch marks across my entire body as I get older remains to be seen.

It's only a stone and a bit I'm losing, so not too drastic.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: What does your diet look like?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Those of you that have been around a while to know that I have some battles with my weight Through various diets (not all the most healthy) I have lost over 100 pounds and got to a pretty good level of fitness. I just can't seem to find a balance in my eating. What I want is to have quite a stuctured approach, with certain options for each meal etc. How do you guys manage your weight and what does you daily intake look like?

Enjoy your diet

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post

Enjoy your diet
    Bitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    I eat shit for 3/4 months, then crash diet (usually carb free or similar) then once I have lost a load of weight I'll eat normal again.

I can't sustain a diet, so short bursts when I get too fat seem to keep me looking respectable. Whether or not I'll end up with stretch marks across my entire body as I get older remains to be seen.

It's only a stone and a bit I'm losing, so not too drastic.
    Pretty much what I do mate. Just trying to break the cycle

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

monday - thursday my diet is excellent

then it all falls apart from Friday night till Sunday......
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread title makes me think, whatever happened to plopeater?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man some days its hard as hell to maintain a smart plan.My biggest fear was reaching a great goal and then "justifying" a crap meal here and there.Slowly it creeps back in and becomes norm.Time and stress play a big factor.....we're constantly rushing around and was eating at atrocious hours...10,11 pm dinner and then to bed.Bad stuff.Found that a centering force is needed,a new interest or hobby...a focus and activity.Anyone who tells you you'll lose weight with out physical exertion is a dope.Much respect to you H...you got me beat.100 is no joke and job well done.A whole new you and then you start to get the "Didn't recognize you" thing haha.

Posted my previous fav food and present diet in 'Top 5 everything' thread.I looked back and just shook my head.Surprised with how stressed I get I didn't keel over.Not to mention coffee constantly and a stubborn streak that will not see me take a rest.Its different now....only 'vice' crap foods I have are 3,4 slices of thin crust pizza ONE night a week...and one dark chocolate bar a week.The coffee??Well shit...yeh right.Everyday,just have to have it I tell myself.My biggest vice no doubt.Only use skim milk in it...no sugar.Lots of fish...limited lean beef.Tons of broccoli,mango's,asparagus,melons,peppers,nuts,and smoothies with Whey protein.You have to have variety,mix it up and set aside a very limited vice food.Keep smart but watch for patterns...and dont take criticism personally.Truth may hurt but it helps to hear it from outside source.And BEER...jeesus thats a toughie on fight night.Not because I need it but its a staple...a tall cold one watching the fights,or four haha.Does nothing but bloats you.hard as HELL to lose that gut,No f'n doubt about it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Man some days its hard as hell to maintain a smart plan.My biggest fear was reaching a great goal and then "justifying" a crap meal here and there.Slowly it creeps back in and becomes norm.Time and stress play a big factor.....we're constantly rushing around and was eating at atrocious hours...10,11 pm dinner and then to bed.Bad stuff.Found that a centering force is needed,a new interest or hobby...a focus and activity.Anyone who tells you you'll lose weight with out physical exertion is a dope.Much respect to you H...you got me beat.100 is no joke and job well done.A whole new you and then you start to get the "Didn't recognize you" thing haha.

Posted my previous fav food and present diet in 'Top 5 everything' thread.I looked back and just shook my head.Surprised with how stressed I get I didn't keel over.Not to mention coffee constantly and a stubborn streak that will not see me take a rest.Its different now....only 'vice' crap foods I have are 3,4 slices of thin crust pizza ONE night a week...and one dark chocolate bar a week.The coffee??Well shit...yeh right.Everyday,just have to have it I tell myself.My biggest vice no doubt.Only use skim milk in it...no sugar.Lots of fish...limited lean beef.Tons of broccoli,mango's,asparagus,melons,peppers,nuts,and smoothies with Whey protein.You have to have variety,mix it up and set aside a very limited vice food.Keep smart but watch for patterns...and dont take criticism personally.Truth may hurt but it helps to hear it from outside source.And BEER...jeesus thats a toughie on fight night.Not because I need it but its a staple...a tall cold one watching the fights,or four haha.Does nothing but bloats you.hard as HELL to lose that gut,No f'n doubt about it.
    Sounds like you are doing well mate - fair play to you!

I am trying to keep below 1500 cals at the moment and very few carbs. I have done several 'crash diets' that didn't involved hardly any carbs, so I have to introduce them very slowly or I get a sudden large weight gain.

I've got a serious eating disorder that diets, hypnosis and even shrinks haven't helped me with. I have just started to study NLP, hopefully to learn how to stop this cycle.

Current diet:

Breakfast - Small ball of muesli

Lunch - Salad and a tin of Tuna and 40g wholemeal rice

Evening - Salmon, mushrooms and asparagus

Extras - 2 slimmer protein shakes

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: What does your diet look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Sounds like you are doing well mate - fair play to you!

I am trying to keep below 1500 cals at the moment and very few carbs. I have done several 'crash diets' that didn't involved hardly any carbs, so I have to introduce them very slowly or I get a sudden large weight gain.

I've got a serious eating disorder that diets, hypnosis and even shrinks haven't helped me with. I have just started to study NLP, hopefully to learn how to stop this cycle.

Current diet:

Breakfast - Small ball of muesli

Lunch - Salad and a tin of Tuna and 40g wholemeal rice

Evening - Salmon, mushrooms and asparagus

Extras - 2 slimmer protein shakes
    Andrew T. Austin - Neurolinguist & Clinical Hypnotherapist

look him up on youtube.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers Missy - I'm going to read through some of Andrew Austin's stuff once I have finished what I am reading

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have a special diet so to speak, I only try to limit the amount of junk I eat and it works pretty well to maintain my body at a decent weight. I mainly cook at home and buy just a few times things outside when I am super lazy or in a hurry, often chicken curry sandwiches or things like that, rarely something too toxic and fast food no more than once per week:

More or less a few meals that I often cook and that could look like my typical week:

*Salmon's pavement with a white wine sauce and some rice.
    * Chicken Fajitas
    * Tagliatelle pastas with home made pesto
    *Turkey breast sandwiches with something of my inspiration
    * Carrots cream soup with a slice of cereals bread.
    * Spaghetti with home made bolognese sauce
    * rabbit with a beer sauce with green veggies
    * english jack patatoes filled with a red bean sauce
    * Chili Con Carne
    * a red steak with a mustard sauce and green peas
    * Home made chicken soup

There are a couple of other things but this could look like a typical week for me, trying to vary a lot and to not include too often tasty but greasy stuff like the english jack patatoes
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information