Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The logic of some posters kills me.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The logic of some posters kills me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Level headed points Daxx...both sides.Alot of it you can see through but key thing is to consider the source.Some would say anything to tear a guy down,all the while only sacrificing any valid points along the way.It highlights itself as shallow.Spin wizards will say anything,develope patterns and some need to be handed a pair of big red shoes and a over sized clown wig at the door....like Saddoboxer for example eventually they just become a laughing stock.
    OK, but when compared to some of the--what I would call tabloid sites--Saddo is pretty dammn good. In fact, one of the reasons I have posted hrer over the years is to get ideas and opinions. I mean, if you want to have a political debate AD NAUSEUM or have posters repeat themselves 1,560,000 times as to whether Floyd can beat Pac or whether Pac is on PED'S I can refer you to at least 3 such sites by private message. I also know one where the exchanges are fast becoming h-mo-erotic (is that politically incorrect?) All in all, Saddo has very solid posters IMO, especially when compared to the few site that allow posting without any registering--so that haters, morons, flamers, stalkers, imbeciles, racists, perverts, pyschos, sociopaths, and other vermin are allowed to post at will--or are allowed to attack the writers at will.
    It does.Saddos is bar none the cream of the crop and vast majority of members and the depth here blows all others from the water.Its pro ball compared to others minor leauge.Its the refugees,trolls and cast aways from those other sites that stand out and eventually exit stage left.We knock heads and it gets heated in spots with debates but that juvenile pre school stuff doesnt last.

I'm not sure I would go quite that far, but Saddo is a damn good one. So is the one I write for which has little or no tolerance for the trolls. It also has a heavy international following which I really love. The Brits know their shite! I think Saddo might be one of the front runners among the big ones (read: busy ones), but some of the botique sites are really cool as well. As long as the site allows intelligent BOXING exchanges, does not tolerate racism or hate for hate's sake, I like it. Thing is, we are all pioneering in this thing called on-line writing and that's why the days of guys like Bert Sugar (nothing personal) are numbered. But point taken, Saddo is a great one and Daxx shouldn't be so hard on himself.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saddos is bar none the cream of the crop.

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    I'm not sure I would go quite that far,

C'mon, Holmie.

I lucked out. This is the first site I came to in my journey and I never looked anywhere else for boxing conversation.

I've clicked links posted to the site and traveled to far away places, but never left Saddo's in search of something different.

Well, I did try to once, but the site hijacked my browser and kept taking me to Bilbo's Baggins Clan thread.

bigamzz Guest

what can i say some guys are just morons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Lennox Lewis- Had a glass Jaw because he was KO'd by Rahman and McCall (never mind the fact he stood up to Bruno, Tyson, Holyfield, Tua, Mercer, Botha, Briggs, Golota, Grant, Ruddock without going down )

Ricky Hatton- He always was over rated ( thoiugh no mention of the fact he lost only to the top 2 P4P fighters going today, held his own with 1 of them held titles in 2 weight classes and had only 1 loss at 140)

Joe Calzaghe- He avoided Jones until he knew Jones was shot by staying at home to fight (no mention of the fact Jones never went over there to fight, admitted he did not fight Clazaghe because at the time he had too much to lose, the fact Calzaghe came here to fight Jones and Jones called him out to fight during Joes fight against Hopkins Roy mentioned svereal times he wanted the winner)
    No Lewis jaw wasn't glass. But you saying he stood up to the shots of Tyson, Golota (Ha!), Tua and Botha had me laughing. When exactly did he do that? You can't say you took somebodies punches if they never landed on you flush. I'm trying to remember if Golota even threw a punch. Much less connect with one

Hatton was always overrated. Name a good fighter Hatton beat that was in his prime.

Are you kidding me? Actual quote from Calzaghe back in 99

Joe Calzaghe - The Daily Mirror - June 1 - 1999 -
    "I'm not chasing after Roy Jones. Be honest, Roy Jones is a good fighter and I don't want tough fights, I just want big money."
    Pretty sure Lennox was caught flush quite a bit by Tua....But as we know you are always right....we will let the video decide....in the first 45 alone he caught shots that would have stopped most...then what about the Vitali fight? Lennox caught many flush shots that fight...The Mercer fight? Briggs fight?....

Leave me guess the video is doctored? No wait you had you Gang in the back dressing rooms for every fight making these guys practice making big shots LOOK like the landed but in truth they did not?

No no I got it you have actually sparred with all these guys while drinking a 40 and shagging your Ho!!! and none of the hit for shit!!!!

When your right your right Violent Demise...I swear you should be the boxing ringside expert for HBO and Sho

As for Golota you are right was not thinking nwhen I posted that name was just naming off past opp....Same for Grant don't think he even got one in

Oh and I see you bring what Calzaghe might have said in a paper but Ignore what Jones said about his refusing to go to the UK to defend during the Hopkins Calzaghe bout when he was commentating....Can't be just one sided...PLAYA!!!
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 06-25-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigamzz View Post
    what can i say some guys are just morons
    That too

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox Lewis- Had a glass Jaw because he was KO'd by Rahman and McCall (never mind the fact he stood up to Bruno, Tyson, Holyfield, Tua, Mercer, Botha, Briggs, Golota, Grant, Ruddock without going down )

Ricky Hatton- He always was over rated ( thoiugh no mention of the fact he lost only to the top 2 P4P fighters going today, held his own with 1 of them held titles in 2 weight classes and had only 1 loss at 140)

Joe Calzaghe- He avoided Jones until he knew Jones was shot by staying at home to fight (no mention of the fact Jones never went over there to fight, admitted he did not fight Clazaghe because at the time he had too much to lose, the fact Calzaghe came here to fight Jones and Jones called him out to fight during Joes fight against Hopkins Roy mentioned svereal times he wanted the winner)
    No Lewis jaw wasn't glass. But you saying he stood up to the shots of Tyson, Golota (Ha!), Tua and Botha had me laughing. When exactly did he do that? You can't say you took somebodies punches if they never landed on you flush. I'm trying to remember if Golota even threw a punch. Much less connect with one

Hatton was always overrated. Name a good fighter Hatton beat that was in his prime.

"I'm not chasing after Roy Jones. Be honest, Roy Jones is a good fighter and I don't want tough fights, I just want big money."
    Pretty sure Lennox was caught flush quite a bit by Tua....But as we know you are always right....we will let the video decide....in the first 45 alone he caught shots that would have stopped most...then what about the Vitali fight? Lennox caught many flush shots that fight...The Mercer fight? Briggs fight?....

Leave me guess the video is doctored? No wait you had you Gang in the back dressing rooms for every fight making these guys practice making big shots LOOK like the landed but in truth they did not?

No no I got it you have actually sparred with all these guys while drinking a 40 and shagging your Ho!!! and none of the hit for shit!!!!

When your right your right Violent Demise...I swear you should be the boxing ringside expert for HBO and Sho

As for Golota you are right was not thinking nwhen I posted that name was just naming off past opp....Same for Grant don't think he even got one in

Oh and I see you bring what Calzaghe might have said in a paper but Ignore what Jones said about his refusing to go to the UK to defend during the Hopkins Calzaghe bout when he was commentating....Can't be just one sided...PLAYA!!!
    Read the first line. Let me help you "No Lewis jaw wasn't glass." You know what that means? I can dumb it down further if you like. I'm actually agreeing with you that his jaw wasn't glass. To me it look like Tua was getting him with the end of his punches. Not flush. But I'll give to you any way. You acknowledge your foolishness in naming Golota. So I'll skip that. Grant landed one big shot on Lewis. That was it. Lewis took it well. He took Mercer shots pretty well overall. Briggs hurt him badly in the first. Vitali in the second. Not sure why you using those as good examples. Either way, I don't consider Lewis chin/jaw to be great. Far from it. But it's not glass either. It's just average

Still waiting on them Hatton names. I'm sure you just forgot to list them. I'll help you a bit. Carlos Maussa doesn't count.

Calzaghe knew if he wanted the big fights he had to come to the US. Everybody knew that. But Calzaghe never did. He was content facing WBO bums. Jones at the time was the p4p king. The number 1. A fighter wants to be number 1 he goes after the number 1. Not the other way around. Number 1 doesn't go after number 9. It don't work that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read the first line. Let me help you "No Lewis jaw wasn't glass." You know what that means? I can dumb it down further if you like. I'm actually agreeing with you that his jaw wasn't glass. To me it look like Tua was getting him with the end of his punches. Not flush. But I'll give to you any way. You acknowledge your foolishness in naming Golota. So I'll skip that. Grant landed one big shot on Lewis. That was it. Lewis took it well. He took Mercer shots pretty well overall. Briggs hurt him badly in the first. Vitali in the second. Not sure why you using those as good examples. Either way, I don't consider Lewis chin/jaw to be great. Far from it. But it's not glass either. It's just average

Still waiting on them Hatton names. I'm sure you just forgot to list them. I'll help you a bit. Carlos Maussa doesn't count.

Calzaghe knew if he wanted the big fights he had to come to the US. Everybody knew that. But Calzaghe never did. He was content facing WBO bums. Jones at the time was the p4p king. The number 1. A fighter wants to be number 1 he goes after the number 1. Not the other way around. Number 1 doesn't go after number 9. It don't work that way
    HMMMM who has to dumb what down for who? Considering in my reply to you had nothing in it about youy saying Lewis had a glass chin it replied to you and the shots not landing flush...Reasons why I mentioned Mercer, Briggs etc...Just to add to fighters he was caught flush by not that he did not stand up to them...especially considering Lennox was down only twice in his career and he was out both times...The only 2 losses of his career....

I acknowledged the fact I made a mistake with adding Golota and Grant and stated I was naming the big punchers he faced before I thought about the actual fights....

Tua video that showed he many a flush shot what is your exact definition of
    getting him on the end of his punches....The way you describe it he was barely landing and tall the punches were just scraping Lewis with his glove....

The other names were mentioned because Lewis took big punishment from them and stood tall...Hurt or not....

I did not get to hatton because we were on the topic of Lewis but OK...

Collazo, Urango, MaGee....HOF bound or P4P nop but all good fighters top 10 ranked when Hatton faced them...MaGee was a WBU defence nothing big here but I guess over seas is a bigger deal but MaGee is still a tough fighter at the time was no walk over for any 140lb fighter...

Tszyu was not a shot fighter when he faced Hatton...at his best no but he had kept a pretty slow schedule the years prior and had not taken too much abuse...so his inactivity hurt him leading up to the bout averaging 1 a year but shot no....

As for Calzaghe...Jones himself made the statement that he did not go fight him because it was too risky be it in the UK or states...he stated that on National TV while commentating on Calzaghe/Hopkins those words exactly get a copy of the fight and find out yourself....If Jones said it himself then any arguement you have is out the window because Jones stated nothing about why should I have...I was ranked #1 he was ranked # whatever he said...IT WAS TOO RISKY FOR ME AT THAT TIME ESPECIALLY IF I HAD TO GO TO THE UK... he added nothing in on it....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HMMMM who has to dumb what down for who? Considering in my reply to you had nothing in it about youy saying Lewis had a glass chin it replied to you and the shots not landing flush...Reasons why I mentioned Mercer, Briggs etc...Just to add to fighters he was caught flush by not that he did not stand up to them...especially considering Lennox was down only twice in his career and he was out both times...The only 2 losses of his career....

I acknowledged the fact I made a mistake with adding Golota and Grant and stated I was naming the big punchers he faced before I thought about the actual fights....

getting him on the end of his punches....The way you describe it he was barely landing and tall the punches were just scraping Lewis with his glove....

The other names were mentioned because Lewis took big punishment from them and stood tall...Hurt or not....

Collazo, Urango, MaGee....HOF bound or P4P nop but all good fighters top 10 ranked when Hatton faced them...MaGee was a WBU defence nothing big here but I guess over seas is a bigger deal but MaGee is still a tough fighter at the time was no walk over for any 140lb fighter...

Tszyu was not a shot fighter when he faced Hatton...at his best no but he had kept a pretty slow schedule the years prior and had not taken too much abuse...so his inactivity hurt him leading up to the bout averaging 1 a year but shot no....

As for Calzaghe...Jones himself made the statement that he did not go fight him because it was too risky be it in the UK or states...he stated that on National TV while commentating on Calzaghe/Hopkins those words exactly get a copy of the fight and find out yourself....If Jones said it himself then any arguement you have is out the window because Jones stated nothing about why should I have...I was ranked #1 he was ranked # whatever he said...IT WAS TOO RISKY FOR ME AT THAT TIME ESPECIALLY IF I HAD TO GO TO THE UK... he added nothing in on it....
    Hatton has an official win over Collazo. But that's all. Anybody that knows how to score should of gave Collazo the win. Despite it not being called a knock down in the 12th (should of been) that was still a 10-8 round for Collazo. MaGee was a tough fighter. But he was a domestic fighter. He lost every time he stepped up. Urango? Yeah he was undefeated when Hatton faced him. But that was thanks only to a shameful gift win over Ben Rabah. I wouldn't call Tszyu totally shot either. He was clearly no longer in his prime. But shot is to strong a word. But there is no doubt Hatton doesn't beat him without his tag team partner Dave Parris. The referring in that fight was a disgrace.

If what Jones said himself tosses my arguement out the window than what Calzaghe said himself tosses your argument out the window. Cuz it came from Joe himself. Still it don't change the fact that Calzaghe did nothing to force a fight with Jones other than stay in the UK and claim Jones is ducking him right after he beat Tocker Pudwill

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pudwill was and remains...a monster for his weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton has an official win over Collazo. But that's all. Anybody that knows how to score should of gave Collazo the win. Despite it not being called a knock down in the 12th (should of been) that was still a 10-8 round for Collazo. MaGee was a tough fighter. But he was a domestic fighter. He lost every time he stepped up. Urango? Yeah he was undefeated when Hatton faced him. But that was thanks only to a shameful gift win over Ben Rabah. I wouldn't call Tszyu totally shot either. He was clearly no longer in his prime. But shot is to strong a word. But there is no doubt Hatton doesn't beat him without his tag team partner Dave Parris. The referring in that fight was a disgrace.

If what Jones said himself tosses my arguement out the window than what Calzaghe said himself tosses your argument out the window. Cuz it came from Joe himself. Still it don't change the fact that Calzaghe did nothing to force a fight with Jones other than stay in the UK and claim Jones is ducking him right after he beat Tocker Pudwill
    I have to agree on all counts there....The Hatton MaGee fight always sticks out for me when thinking of Hatton only because it was the first live fight of Hattons I watched...Since then MaGee is not what he was then especially after hearing of his other non sense....The referee was a disgrace in that fight...He ranks right up there with Marlon Wright when it comes to what calls to make or not make.....At WW Hatton struggled with everyone and the Collazo fight was a gift but still Collazzo is a top guy (I thought Collazo beat Berto and was shorted there as well)......

The whole Jones Calzaghe thing really I can care less...I lost my love of Roy Jones after he fought I think it was Richard Frazier the part time cop and then bragged about his greatness afterward....Yet had spent almost his whole LHW career fighting almost beens and also rans....Though at SMW to this day I think Roy at that weight could have beaten anyone P4P in boxing history on athleticism alone...

The comments Roy made surprised me because I never expected to hear him admit anything like that especially because he brought up the Calzaghe fight being made with him hopefully at the time but Lampley mentioned to him something more or less about "It would be the fight that was to happen long ago"...then Jones made the comments....If it was not the Hopkins Calzaghe bout it was the Hopkins Wright bout the commentating was on because if I am not mistaken They were already talking about a showdown between them at the time Hopkins faced Wright.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pudwill was and remains...a monster for his weight.
    Yeah he does...Zelenoff is his strength and conditioning coach..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones said after the brannon fight as did every commentator that night that it was clear that jones had all the bargaining power and that because he was p4p 1 benn, calzaghe, eubank all should have to come fight him... then a few years later after jones kayoed virgil hill while DM sat ringside...Jones said he was willing to face him too, and since he flew over to watch him fight he could come back to fight but after that body shot DM hauled ass back to europe and it was never talked about again.

I guess its all irrelevant because the point or question that need to be asked is this: Regardless of all the he said this and that, WHO REALLY BELIEVES THAT JC, DM, eubank, collins, benn, would have beaten the SMW version of jones?

They all would have been beaten and quite easy at that....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post

Jones said after the brannon fight as did every commentator that night that it was clear that jones had all the bargaining power and that because he was p4p 1 benn, calzaghe, eubank all should have to come fight him... then a few years later after jones kayoed virgil hill while DM sat ringside...Jones said he was willing to face him too, and since he flew over to watch him fight he could come back to fight but after that body shot DM hauled ass back to europe and it was never talked about again.

I guess its all irrelevant because the point or question that need to be asked is this: Regardless of all the he said this and that, WHO REALLY BELIEVES THAT JC, DM, eubank, collins, benn, would have beaten the SMW version of jones?

They all would have been beaten and quite easy at that....
    Thanks for keeping it real

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have to say that type of logic comes from either, newbies, or fighter fans, not boxing fans. Boxing fans are fair and look at everything from all angles. Fighter fans, look at things from one perspective without giving a chance to see things from another view. Newbies are just that, newbies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: The logic of some posters kills me.....

Good discussion, the way I see it if somebody says some dumb statement - if they are
    inexperienced in boxing or just trying to be some wise guy. For the inexperienced, then it becomes a learning process. For the wise guy, then it should be gloves off and a free for all in the
    counterpunching some idiot statement. Then there are those honest errors that we all make from time-to-time i.e. we can all have a "oops moment".
    BALANCE, LEVERAGE, ACCURACY, SPEED and TIMING - Effective punching.

Thread Information