Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roach: "If no Mayweather, Cotto, Margarito or Marquez is next"

That would be cool if Manny won a 8th title against a 154 cotto, but i would really like to see hm and juan ma one more time. Margarito is a bad style fight for manny. You can say all margacheato would do would be walk into manny's punches but the dude has alot of height and reach...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roach: "If no Mayweather, Cotto, Margarito or Marquez is next"

Quote Originally Posted by mellamomarcos View Post
    That would be cool if Manny won a 8th title against a 154 cotto, but i would really like to see hm and juan ma one more time. Margarito is a bad style fight for manny. You can say all margacheato would do would be walk into manny's punches but the dude has alot of height and reach...
    Nobody here wants to see that based on the fact that Margarito should pay people to have the right for walking in a ring.
    Last edited by Nameless; 06-28-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care to see Pac fight anyone besides mayweather. He already beat Cotto and i don't see him losing to Margarito even though it would probably be a fun fight to watch. Margarito's reach has to be a HUGE amount over Pac, but Margarito needs time to wear down his fighters with his shots. I don't see him finding Pac even close to what he would need to be effective. He'd be a punching bag for Pac, but would obviously keep coming, which would make it fun to watch, but i don't have a doubt on the outcome.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    I don't care to see Pac fight anyone besides mayweather. He already beat Cotto and i don't see him losing to Margarito even though it would probably be a fun fight to watch. Margarito's reach has to be a HUGE amount over Pac, but Margarito needs time to wear down his fighters with his shots. I don't see him finding Pac even close to what he would need to be effective. He'd be a punching bag for Pac, but would obviously keep coming, which would make it fun to watch, but i don't have a doubt on the outcome.
    I agree 100%. I have very little interest in watching any of those fights, especially JMM III or Cotto II. The only meaningful fight, for both fighters, if Pacquiao - Mayweather. I'm starting to think it'll never happen though. They'll probably come to terms and then scrap the whole thing because they both want their name to be first on the promotion or something stupid like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the talk and hype for this fight has gone way over the top, i could care less who either of them fought anymore. If they do great, it would be a great event. But this back and forth and them trying to mind fuck the fans is getting old. It's both of thier faults, and there's more to boxing than either of these two assholes
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think that Pacquiao-Marquez III will be that interesting since they don't belong in the same weight category anymore. I doubt that Manny will go down in weight and Juan Manuel will be a push over in Manny's current weight division (just see the Mayweather-Marquez fight).
    The interest in the Pacquiao-Cotto II is for Manny to get his 8th weight division title. Other than that, I don't believe that a lot of people will give Miguel a chance of winning that fight.
    Pacquiao-Margarito may be the most interesting among the three, but like a number of people, I don't believe in giving Antonio a big payday after the cheating fiasco.

I do hope that the Pacquiao-Mayweather bout materializes. If not, I'm in favor of a Pacquiao-Cotto II with no catch weight for the LEGACY. Hopefully this will give Cotto some extra advantage over what he had from the previous bout. I also know that Miguel's fan base will still support him and watch that fight.
    Last edited by InTheNeutralCorner; 06-28-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Juan Manuel will be a push over in Manny's current weight division (just see the Mayweather-Marquez fight).
    Hold on. Marquez took everything a more seasoned and accurate welter could dish out and I reckon that Mayweather is stronger and hits harder than Manny any way.

Marquez has a style that will always make Manny work. Whether or not that fight with Mayweather has ruined him or not is another matter.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Juan Manuel will be a push over in Manny's current weight division (just see the Mayweather-Marquez fight).
    Hold on. Marquez took everything a more seasoned and accurate welter could dish out and I reckon that Mayweather is stronger and hits harder than Manny any way.

Marquez has a style that will always make Manny work. Whether or not that fight with Mayweather has ruined him or not is another matter.
    It's not the point so much that JMM took it, I never saw Mayweather go all out on him, who knows why maybe out of respect? But JMM is fighting well above his natural weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao really is a filthy cancer on this sport. I'm actually amazed he's not going for clottey.

A no holds barred cheater takes all fight against margarito would be good and would put an end to the debate as what works better. Steroids or loaded gloves.

It would be great to see Marquez beat him but i don't see that happening what with Jaun being out of the ring for so long, age, the beating he took off floyd and of course pacquiaos special dietry supplement.

cotto is an easy fight for another title.

Who know's where the pacquiao circus will go next but where ever it is it won't be anywhere near a USADA representative.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are OK sloppy seconds if Floyd and Pac do not agree to fight one another. Boxing will survive.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto 2 or Margo is fine with me. But Marquez is not marketable imo. Not unless JMM knocks out JD inside 1 round or somethin. Marquez has got to impress people,... make them think that he'll be highly competitive against Pac. We don't want another Pacquiao-Morales 3.
    Last edited by :::PSL:::; 06-30-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh sure, now that marquez is old and much slower, he's no longer a viable opponent but what about when pacroido avoided marquez like the plague cause he knew he got a gift decision? you pactardos seize to amaze me. avoid them while they're dangerous and cherrypick them when they get old or when they're coming off a loss. great marketing ploy, don't ya think?

El Kabong Guest

I think a rematch vs Cotto with Steward in his corner is a lot better fight than Cotto with virtually no trainer in his corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    I think a rematch vs Cotto with Steward in his corner is a lot better fight than Cotto with virtually no trainer in his corner.
    I agree with you here. Besides, Manny will have to go up another weight division and if he is to fight Cotto, let there be NO Catchweight.

And I don't understand why some people here still insist on Pac fighting Juan Manuel. I also agree with Howlin Mad Missy that Manny's current weight division is well above Marquez natural weight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu apprentice View Post
    I agree with you here. Besides, Manny will have to go up another weight division and if he is to fight Cotto, let there be NO Catchweight.

And I don't understand why some people here still insist on Pac fighting Juan Manuel. I also agree with Howlin Mad Missy that Manny's current weight division is well above Marquez natural weight.
    well i just read in the newspaper today, that if a Cotto rematch happens for Cotto's 154 lb title it would have to be at a catchweight at Pacquiao's insistence , pretty ridiculous seeing how he fought Clottey at 147 and was willing to take Foreman on at the full 154 lb limit, bunch of bullshit

Thread Information