0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito-Pacquiao seems dangerous to me

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    el terrible,

lol...what's the matter, can't get margarito's destruction of cottito out of your head? poor thing!
    like i said on the other post hahaha live it up cause it's the only win you can clutch on to, ohhh and who still has a license to fight in the US and holds a world title right now? ohhhh right that'd be Miguel Cotto lol not like Margarito who has to now make a living fighting tomato cans in little chinchorros in Tijuana hahahaha
    He stopped a crippled fighter who couldn't punch. And your bragging about that?
    he was completely outboxing him and rocked him already numerous times before Foreman's knee went out so don't even act like it made a difference

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, why Margarito should get a title shot soon after coming back from suspension for endangering the lives of other boxers is beyond me. Aside from that, if Pacquiao came in with the same speed and movement he showed against Cotto, he'd kick the plaster right out of Margacheato's ass. Mosley already touched that button... I'm sure Pacquiao would do the same.

Regarding Cotto, he was totally dominating Foreman when Foreman's knee gave out. The outcome was going to be the same, albeit maybe later. Cotto with Steward in his corner is a different entity than with Joe (WTF?) Santiago in his corner. Hopefully, he still has a couple more great fights left in him. Bottom line: History will be much kinder to the warrior champion Cotto than to the despicable cheater Margarito and his criminal cornerman, who should be a cellmate for someone nicknamed "Donkey Dong".

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

el terrible,

lol...what's the matter, can't get margarito's destruction of cottito out of your head? poor thing!
    like i said on the other post hahaha live it up cause it's the only win you can clutch on to, ohhh and who still has a license to fight in the US and holds a world title right now? ohhhh right that'd be Miguel Cotto lol not like Margarito who has to now make a living fighting tomato cans in little chinchorros in Tijuana hahahaha
    he was completely outboxing him and rocked him already numerous times before Foreman's knee went out so don't even act like it made a difference
    It was still Yuri Foreman he was facing. The same Foreman who really lost to Andrey Tsurkan and Anthony Thompson. He was never a threat.

I'll agree and say Cotto looked good under Emmanuel. But he looked good beating a B fighter. A B fighter who couldn't hurt him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

el terrible,

It was still Yuri Foreman he was facing. The same Foreman who really lost to Andrey Tsurkan and Anthony Thompson. He was never a threat.

I'll agree and say Cotto looked good under Emmanuel. But he looked good beating a B fighter. A B fighter who couldn't hurt him.
    Santos wasn't rated as a B fighter and although he basically gave a half ass effort, Foreman put on the fight of his life, and IMO has the tools to beat most of the other guys at 154 aside from Williams, Martinez, Cotto, and maybe Angulo

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

el terrible,

Santos wasn't rated as a B fighter and although he basically gave a half ass effort, Foreman put on the fight of his life, and IMO has the tools to beat most of the other guys at 154 aside from Williams, Martinez, Cotto, and maybe Angulo
    Not only did Santos go half ass but he was coming off a long ass lay off. And it showed. He's also on the decline. And it still took Foreman's best performance to beat him.

And those ain't the only names. Erislandy Lara and Sergiy Dzinziruk would also beat him. James Kirkland and even a Deandre Latimore would just wreck him

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

el terrible,

Not only did Santos go half ass but he was coming off a long ass lay off. And it showed. He's also on the decline. And it still took Foreman's best performance to beat him.

And those ain't the only names. Erislandy Lara and Sergiy Dzinziruk would also beat him. James Kirkland and even a Deandre Latimore would just wreck him
    completely forgot about Dzinziruk, Lara hasn't really done anything to prove he's a sure thing, and Latimore well no, he looked good against an old Spinks and well taken to the limit by Powell in his last loss, Kirkland after a few warm up fights would probably beat him but Kirkland is completely vulnerable to straight right hands (the reason i always felt Forrest would have murdered him) and well Foreman has a decent right although not much power, i'd say it's a 60/40 fight in Kirkland's favor cause you have to factor in that Wolfe isn't gonna be training him anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Tony fighting Manny without concrete blocks? Lol. Pacquiao would run right through him, gun blazing with both hands. Toe to toe action with weird in-and-out-circleling motion, combos after combos, unleashing 96 punches per round. He'd blitz the pillow fisted Margocheato so fast and will make him quit before round 6.
    The problem is Pacquiao won't get the same leverage against a guy who is 5'11, I think he would really have to work the body, and to do so he will have to get inside. Another thing is Manny might be throw 70-90 punches a round, but Marg usually throws 90-110 punches a round. WHen Manny fought Clottey he threw in the 1200's in terms of punches, Margarito threw over 1700.

I honestly don't think Margarito has the speed to beat Manny who shouldn't buckle like Cotto did under the pressure, but this could be very dangerous if Margarito actually learns to cut off the ring and not just charge straight forward.
    Margarito is a very active fighter, and he cuts the ring off better than anyone would want to give him credit for. Problem with the Mosley fight is he was out-gunned all the way throughout the match. He doesn't know how to find room to breathe or tie up. I give him a ton of credit for his fighting style and he is a blood and guts warrior. He also stays in tremendous shape. I give Mosley full credit for beating him like he did. I don't think Pac will beat him in the same fashion. Simply for one reason.

Margarito is 5'11" pac is barely 5'7"
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is dangerous for anyone. That prick loaded his gloves so who knows what else he'd do. Like don king would say only in america can you load your gloves get caught, get the shit kicked out of you, fight some chump in garcia and to reward all your hard work get a title shot abroad cause you can't even legally fight in the U.S........and people cry about what floyd's doing or not doing. Amazing. If they do fight, i hope pac beats the dog shit out of him. Hell if marg fights layla ali i hope she'd beat the crap out of him......and that's what sucks most about the whole thing. He doesn't deserve even the opportunity to get beat up. Can't complain about boxing and all the politics and wrong doing when you have people supporting crap like this guy, If he can load his gloves and get a title shot then why shouldn't promoters, oraganazations, just about everyone in the sport be shady as well.
    Last edited by Mar; 07-19-2010 at 11:59 PM.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito doesn't deserve this fight after being blasted out by Shane Mosley and then beating a bum. Sorry, he just doesn't. And the fight with Cotto isn't intriguing either just because it is at 154. Cotto is a weak champ at 154. Bottom line. Pacquiao needs to fight someone outside of the Top Rank stable for once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Margarito is dangerous for anyone. That prick loaded his gloves so who knows what else he'd do. Like don king would say only in america can you load your gloves get caught, get the shit kicked out of you, fight some chump in garcia and to reward all your hard work get a title shot abroad cause you can't even legally fight in the U.S........and people cry about what floyd's doing or not doing. Amazing. If they do fight, i hope pac beats the dog shit out of him. Hell if marg fights layla ali i hope she'd beat the crap out of him......and that's what sucks most about the whole thing. He doesn't deserve even the opportunity to get beat up. Can't complain about boxing and all the politics and wrong doing when you have people supporting crap like this guy, If he can load his gloves and get a title shot then why shouldn't promoters, oraganazations, just about everyone in the sport be shady as well.
    Lot of hate for a guy who didnt actually cheat, because he was caught before hand. Odd that no one on here ever says these thing about Shane who was given PEDs added to his already natural punching power. Its also odd that Margarito served the time given to him by California and everyone is still bitching about it. What I dont get is Margarito got his ass whooped in the fight he "tried" to cheat in. But it seems that people are more upset about the ass whooping he handed to Cotto and cant accept that he didnt beat cotto because of loaded gloves but rather having a better style and cotto fighting the wrong fight. Instead they just bootstrap the attempt to cheat in Mosley fight to that's the only way he could have beaten cotto. When long before that fight was even discussed, Margarito on this forum was seen as a world beater that Floyd was ducking...Now if he was given a shot to beat floyd, then surely he didnt need bricks to whoop Cotto's ass.
    Last edited by JonesJrMayweather; 07-20-2010 at 03:47 AM.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

el terrible,

completely forgot about Dzinziruk, Lara hasn't really done anything to prove he's a sure thing, and Latimore well no, he looked good against an old Spinks and well taken to the limit by Powell in his last loss, Kirkland after a few warm up fights would probably beat him but Kirkland is completely vulnerable to straight right hands (the reason i always felt Forrest would have murdered him) and well Foreman has a decent right although not much power, i'd say it's a 60/40 fight in Kirkland's favor cause you have to factor in that Wolfe isn't gonna be training him anymore
    60-40? Your kidding me, right? Try 96-4 in Kirkland's favor. He wrecks Foreman. And wrecks him badly. He gets 4% only cuz I can see Kirkland maybe being DQ for hitting Foreman while down or something. Lara still has a lot to prove. But from what I seen so far I got no problem taking him over Foreman. Latimore is mediocre. But so is Foreman. In that fight i would call it 60-40. In Latimore's favor. Not understanding the lust for Foreman. Why do people talk like he's a great fighter or something? He's not. Not even close. What do you see in him? Are you a Boriqua Jew or something?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito won't get plastered Mosley style but he will get outboxed every round. Manny doesn't have a traditional "keep them at range" punch but I see Tony getting countered with that lead left whilst slipping and stepping to the outside every time he throws his lazy jab or tries to pressure Manny to the ropes. I think it's going to look alot like the Oscar fight, (yeh we already know Oscar was dehydrated and Floyd beat him at a more comfortable weight and under all his terms) too much movement, angles and speed for Tony to even get set up. Wasp vs Zombie.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

el terrible,

60-40? Your kidding me, right? Try 96-4 in Kirkland's favor. He wrecks Foreman. And wrecks him badly. He gets 4% only cuz I can see Kirkland maybe being DQ for hitting Foreman while down or something. Lara still has a lot to prove. But from what I seen so far I got no problem taking him over Foreman. Latimore is mediocre. But so is Foreman. In that fight i would call it 60-40. In Latimore's favor. Not understanding the lust for Foreman. Why do people talk like he's a great fighter or something? He's not. Not even close. What do you see in him? Are you a Boriqua Jew or something?
    don't know what you see in Kirkland aside from power, IMO the dude is extremely overrated, anyone with good reach a good solid jab and a strong right hand will school Kirkland, add in Foreman's movement and i'd say he has a decent shot at giving Kirkland problems, and i'd have Foreman over Latimore cause well as you said he's utter crap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Tony fighting Manny without concrete blocks? Lol. Pacquiao would run right through him, gun blazing with both hands. Toe to toe action with weird in-and-out-circleling motion, combos after combos, unleashing 96 punches per round. He'd blitz the pillow fisted Margocheato so fast and will make him quit before round 6.
    Again, you are in no position to get on a high horse about cheating in the sport!

You absolute hipocrit.

If you are so into fair play why aren't you calling for blood tests?

If tony ain't allowed the loaded gloves pac shouldn't be allowed the roids.

But let's face it this fight would be a circus. I've said it before. They should make this no holds barred, no ref, weapons allowed match.

IMO the two shadyest bastards in the ring together at the same time. I can only hope for some kind of natural disaster and the ring gets swallowed into the ground and.

Joke fight. But whatever sells.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There isn't any proof that Pacman cheated at all, I think they just didn't want to fight Mayweather at that time, and he was pissed off by what Mayweather's camp was saying.

I think Cotto looked pretty poor against Foreman, a guy he would have absolutely crippled on his own a few years back. He didn't sink shots to the body like he used to, he didn't show the same ability to counter speed with his timing, he looked far more timid than in his prime, and just as easy to hit.

Thread Information