Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito-Pacquiao seems dangerous to me

Been watching alot of Tonys work in gym and first thing....too late in the game to reinvent an experienced model. Garcia may have him trying to box juuuust a bit too much. He looks bit tight and leaning into front foot. Your not keeping Manny on outside with that slow jab but more so he can get under what will have to be am 'experienced' straight right follow. Hand speed is night and day. Margarito will get hit and revert to cro mag free thrower but can be put on back foot early if he's over thinking a style that is all new and green to him vs THE elite. Go buck wild and stick with what you know off an early jab (ala Cotto) 1st,2nd round but dont sacrifice volume and forward arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto landed a good few shots on Pac he was bruised and battered after that fight head bandaged up after having his swollen ear drained. And Clottey didn't throw many but what he did throw basically landed and on target had he thrown more who knows I think Pac is going to have trouble with Margarito because he takes one hell of a shot and keeps coming and throwing lots of punches. Margarito last defeats Paul Williams on points with scores of 115-113 twice and 116-112 then his only ever stoppage loss vs Shane Mosley not bad guys to lose against and both bigger and stronger than Pacquiao i see Margarito taking his shots walking him down throwing loads of heavy shots and stopping him late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just land 2 to 3 solid shots while absorbing 8 to 12 in return and hope that by the 10th round I have more gas than him.

use my chin as decoy and throw body shots on the inside.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, the horror. That ones going to give me chills in the dark hours of night. I will likely get ghastly flashbacks and break out into a cold sweat. Why do they give him the microphone on these kinds of programmes? It has never made sense to me. For the love of Pete and Dud, please stop! Just interview him and be done with it. Why indulge him in his extremely weak side projects? Who on earth buys a Manny Pac CD? Shocking.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Oh, the horror. That ones going to give me chills in the dark hours of night. I will likely get ghastly flashbacks and break out into a cold sweat. Why do they give him the microphone on these kinds of programmes? It has never made sense to me. For the love of Pete and Dud, please stop! Just interview him and be done with it. Why indulge him in his extremely weak side projects? Who on earth buys a Manny Pac CD? Shocking.

Hahah, I work with a few Filipino's. Call me ignorant, but I think decent music all but escapes them for the most part. Karaoke and such is very popular over there and many many people sing, a lot of children are in school choirs etc. But every one of them I have heard is undeniably terrible and tonedeaf. I suppose it's mostly just a social thing to them or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

Lol!

That's great Manny.

Now let's kick some butt.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In Boxing News Teddy Atlas says Marg will beat Pac man and even stop him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That's a great news for pacfans. Thank god he didn't pick Pac over Marg. Teddy is like Miles. As long as those two keep going against Pac, then you can count it'll be another victory for Manny.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    That's a great news for pacfans. Thank god he didn't pick Pac over Marg. Teddy is like Miles. As long as those two keep going against Pac, then you can count it'll be another victory for Manny.
    True to an extent, though in this one I just hope for a good fight. I do want to see Manny tested, but Margarito is not someone I have ever had a particulart affinity with and more so with the wraps debacle.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    LOL. It made me happy too.

On a serious note, I really think that Margarito will beat (or has a great chance of beating) Pac.

Pac has a problem with taller fighters (with longer reach) especially those who can hurt him and who knows how to use jabs. I could remember the time when he had his second loss in Thailand. He was fighting a taller fighter then and he did not have the reach to hurt his opponent. Ultimately, he went down and lost his belt in that fight.

I am having that same feeling now and I am afraid for Pac. I just hope that he has really improved a lot against taller and with longer reach fighters.

I am inclined to believe that the rumors about his sparring with Khan is true. This is not the first time I heard that rumor. Roach actually said it before when Pac first sparred with Khan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not as confident with Manny in this fight as I was with his previous fights. I don't feel that he has the mindset nor the fire that he has before. Being a politician can do that to you.

But I want Margarito to be humiliated whether it's against Pacquiao or any other boxers. He does not deserve to be in that fight and since he already is, might as well make him suffer.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have Sky confirmed they are showing this because they have not mentioned it on their teletext.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information