Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Ryan Rhodes is furious with the WBC

From Boxing News, regarding Manny vs Tony for the WBC strap:

"It's pretty much disgusting. Margarito gets smashed at welterweight, suspended for nine months, has one fight back - doesn't look that good - and goes straight in at No. 2 and get's a title shot. I tell you what, its not what you know it's who you know isn't it? Obviously it's a massive fight but I'm at No. 2 or No. 3 in the WBC ratings and of all a sudden I am getting bypassed. It's not nice to see".

I feel for him and he has a valid point. To be perfectly honest, I do sometimes get confused with the rankings and how people can just JUMP to the No. 1 and No. 2 contender places like these two have despite not having fought at this weight or having fought at the weight for a while.

Can someone explain to me how Pac can just jump up a weight and fight for the vacant title - despite the fact someone like Ryan Rhodes, who has done very well as of late, doesn't even get a look in. This is the side of boxing that just doesn't make sense to me and, like everyone else, irritates me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ryan Rhodes is furious with the WBC

Jose Suliaman is a snake; what does Rhodes expect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For these reasone Rhodes should be happy not to have belt. They don't mean shit, except money in Suilman's pocket.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post

"It's pretty much disgusting. Margarito gets smashed at welterweight, suspended for nine months, has one fight back - doesn't look that good - and goes straight in at No. 2 and get's a title shot. I tell you what, its not what you know it's who you know isn't it? Obviously it's a massive fight but I'm at No. 2 or No. 3 in the WBC ratings and of all a sudden I am getting bypassed. It's not nice to see".

I feel for him and he has a valid point. To be perfectly honest, I do sometimes get confused with the rankings and how people can just JUMP to the No. 1 and No. 2 contender places like these two have despite not having fought at this weight or having fought at the weight for a while.

Can someone explain to me how Pac can just jump up a weight and fight for the vacant title - despite the fact someone like Ryan Rhodes, who has done very well as of late, doesn't even get a look in. This is the side of boxing that just doesn't make sense to me and, like everyone else, irritates me.
    Simple. Rhodes is garbage. Nobody gives a fuck about him

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

And Margarito is not? The guy is a dirty cheat and needs to be hounded out of the sport, not given a big payday after a nothing fight. Every licensing organisation has its problems, and the WBC as many as everyone else.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think 99.99999999% of the boxing world and fans would rather see Manny fight Margarito than Ryan Rhodes.

Whether he's a cheat a not he's still a big name, whereas Ryan Rhodes is just a little mediocre domestic level fighter who might just be good enough to be competitive with Matthew Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I think 99.99999999% of the boxing world and fans would rather see Manny fight Margarito than Ryan Rhodes.

Whether he's a cheat a not he's still a big name, whereas Ryan Rhodes is just a little mediocre domestic level fighter who might just be good enough to be competitive with Matthew Hatton.
    That isn't the point though. The point is why should Margarito and Pac fight for the WBC title, leapfrogging everyone else who's goal it is to win that strap. I know that's boxing for yo but it sucks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

That isn't the point though. The point is why should Margarito and Pac fight for the WBC title, leapfrogging everyone else who's goal it is to win that strap. I know that's boxing for yo but it sucks.

Well because Manny is arguably the greatest and most decorated active fighter in the world, and Margarito is a former three time welterweight world champion.

One is a boxing superstar, the other one of boxing's most controversial figures. And Ryan Rhodes is......well a little bald northerner with a mediocre record.

Beaurocracy would give Ryan Rhodes a shot a title, the fans, common sense and thankfully the paymasters will let us see a real exciting fight between Manny and Margo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryan Rhodes is irrelevant, it's the whole fact that Manny just 'steps up' into the light middleweight division and is given an automatic title shot.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryan Rhodes is irrelevant, it's the whole fact that Manny just 'steps up' into the light middleweight division and is given an automatic title shot.
    same shit goes for Haye when he went up and got an undeserved WBA HW title shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Good point.

Ok well if we're going to bring that in the argument, Manny should've had at least one fight at light middleweight before the title shot. Like Haye had to have one fight at heavyweight - albeit against Monte Barrett.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

And Margarito is not? The guy is a dirty cheat and needs to be hounded out of the sport, not given a big payday after a nothing fight. Every licensing organisation has its problems, and the WBC as many as everyone else.
    Ask Rhodes mother what she rather watch Pacquiao-Margarito or Pacquiao-Rhodes. I have no doubt she picks Pacquiao-Margarito. Money is what runs boxing. And facts are Pacquiao-Margarito brings in 3 times the money Pacquiao-Rhodes does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is actually not: Haye was given a title shot by the champion; but in this case, the title is vacant, and the wbc is supposed to pick #1 and #2 to fight. No Manny Pacquio vs who ever he decides to fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure that's a very good comparison at all. Haye won, and the match up was intriguing, and it sold a ton of tickets. Who would you rather have fought for the belt?

Dominick Guinn?
    Tua?
    Ibragimov?
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point.

Ok well if we're going to bring that in the argument, Manny should've had at least one fight at light middleweight before the title shot. Like Haye had to have one fight at heavyweight - albeit against Monte Barrett.
    I guess its automatic ex. if your a champion especially like Pac with his shitty 147 WBC Diamond belt some organization called a SuperChamp (WBO) he can jump for another up/down weight class in a championship fight caliber without exception.

Thread Information