Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mundine Refused to Fight Briggs, offered him financial support if he needed it!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mundine Refused to Fight Briggs, offered him financial support if he needed it!!

Its being widely reported around Australia that Briggs approached Anthony Mundine for a fight just before the Green fight was announced a couple of months ago and stated quite clearly that he was in desperate need of money. Mundine told Briggs that he would he give him the money if he needed it but would not fight him due to his concerns for Briggs's health. I really do believe this is true as I know Briggs and Mundine have a history and were on good terms in the past and Briggs helped Mundine prepare for Green. And what alot of people dont know is that Mundine does a shit load for charity but likes to keep the camera away from that as he believes you shouldnt shamelessly promote what you do for charity.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mundine Refused to Fight Briggs, offered him financial support if he needed it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Its being widely reported around Australia that Briggs approached Anthony Mundine for a fight just before the Green fight was announced a couple of months ago and stated quite clearly that he was in desperate need of money. Mundine told Briggs that he would he give him the money if he needed it but would not fight him due to his concerns for Briggs's health. I really do believe this is true as I know Briggs and Mundine have a history and were on good terms in the past and Briggs helped Mundine prepare for Green. And what alot of people dont know is that Mundine does a shit load for charity but likes to keep the camera away from that as he believes you shouldnt shamelessly promote what you do for charity.
    Like i said Green likes like a grade A prick for first making the Briggs fight and then after winning saying Briggs wouldnt get a cent and his son has more balls then him or something like that. Seriously? Knowing Briggs health before he even stepped in the ring how are you gonna say that? Mundine appears to be more class then Green will ever be and the better fighter too apparently, just too bad he'll never prove it if he keeps fighting at 154 and crap.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mundine Refused to Fight Briggs, offered him financial support if he needed it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Like i said Green likes like a grade A prick for first making the Briggs fight and then after winning saying Briggs wouldnt get a cent and his son has more balls then him or something like that. Seriously? Knowing Briggs health before he even stepped in the ring how are you gonna say that? Mundine appears to be more class then Green will ever be and the better fighter too apparently, just too bad he'll never prove it if he keeps fighting at 154 and crap.
    I agree Green is a fucking punk. And he deserves some of the blame for the debacle that was Green-Briggs. But it don't excuse Briggs taking a dive.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know why Mundine gets so much hate from people, he comes off cocky? I saw a clip on him about helping aboriginal people in australia, he is one I think. Anyways he was helping out the poor people so is he really that bad a guy? Seems to me when people mention him, theres not too many fans.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mundine's hate comes from his constant moronic boasts about him being the best and than "proving it" by fighting C level opposition. No other boxer talks as much garbage as he does and than does so little to back it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    I dont know why Mundine gets so much hate from people, he comes off cocky? I saw a clip on him about helping aboriginal people in australia, he is one I think. Anyways he was helping out the poor people so is he really that bad a guy? Seems to me when people mention him, theres not too many fans.
    Yes he is cocky but thats not the problem.
    The problem is he has/had the skills but all he ever done was talk it up how he is the best in the world but keeps fighting cabbies for vacant belts.
    He fought geale which i thought was a good fight but wouldnt remach him.
    He does do a bit for the aboriginal community which is great, but then he acts like a tool and these young children look up to and idolise him. and this is not good for these kids as they try act like this.

He also says alot of things before he thinks about it.
    eg. saying the us deserved what they got on sept 11. ( sound like a good guy?)

He does have a lot of people watch his fight here because half of aus love him and the other half want to see him get ko'd. Good foer him to make $$$$

If he wants to be the best in aus take a page out of katsidis's book and fight the best.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He likes to put his foot in his mouth I guess, that can turn people off definately. Some people just dont know when to keep there mouths shut.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Mundine's hate comes from his constant moronic boasts about him being the best and than "proving it" by fighting C level opposition. No other boxer talks as much garbage as he does and than does so little to back it up
    100% correct, you can't get a cab in South America anymore! Mundine has milked his boxing career for all it's worth and that's not much!

Thread Information