Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Calderon Vs. Segura 08/28/2010

Ivan Calderon and Giovanni Segura are unifying their WBO/Lineal & WBA Titles here in Puerto Rico, IMO Calderon outboxes him in what is likely to be his last fight at 108 lbs.

depending on the undercard i might consider going to see it live

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calderon Vs. Segura 08/28/2010

I say segura catches him and stops him.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems a good match-up for the unification, by the way el terrible, Calderon moving up in weight? seems its been a long time hangin on his weight class amazingly he's able to that for a long time with his age. like Bernard Hopkins did in middle weights.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    I say segura catches him and stops him.
    actually wouldn't be shocked if it happens, Calderon has been slowing down, and although not hurt, he went down in his last fight against a light hitter, but i think he has enough experience, skill, and stamina to outbox Segura (who does get wild at times) for the decision, at 35 he's basically in a no lose situation much like Finito Lopez was at the end of his career (more specifically his fights with Alvarez), if he loses it's mostly down to his age and fact that his best weapon is slowly going away (his speed), i honestly think that he retires by the end of the year or next year for sure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yup i agree with ya bro. Segura will take a battering cause we all know he will be outboxed but giovanni will eventually catch him with one of those bombs and i just don't think calderon will handle it very well. Hey no matter what happens this will be a great fight. Pretty much no 1 vs no 2 like it should be.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't think of a better matchup of pure puncher vs pure boxer. To say that Segura gets "wild at times" is an understatement. His fight with Conchilla (sp?) was Segura winging the hooks for 2 rounds and surviving the next 10 rounds on heart.

I've only seen snippets of the Iron Boy. But I really like what I have seen. He's definately left his mark in the lower weight classes for history. It's far more impressive to me when the lower weight guys go undefeated.

Segura is already at the top of my list for favorite fighters after his two fights with Conchilla, though. I hope he sparks the old man out. I do not think he can win a decision, though.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by UKPH View Post
    Seems a good match-up for the unification, by the way el terrible, Calderon moving up in weight? seems its been a long time hangin on his weight class amazingly he's able to that for a long time with his age. like Bernard Hopkins did in middle weights.
    well he's been talking about moving up to 112, no doubt that he's well aware that it wont hurt his legacy already so basically just taking the chance (or at least saying he is) and wants to try and get one more title in another division

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one thing people might not know is that giovanni segura is a terrific body puncher. imo, this is the only way to defeat calderon because all of his opponents target his head but since he's such a defensive genius, they miss more often than not. segura loves to go to the body and if he does it religiously from round one, calderon is going to slow down immensely and segura will be able to KO in the later rounds. if segura abandons calderon's body and tries to headhunt, he'll lose to calderon by decision like all of calderon's prior opponents. not only is this calderon's toughest fight in his career, he's going up against the hardest hitter he has ever faced. should be an interesting battle!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    one thing people might not know is that giovanni segura is a terrific body puncher. imo, this is the only way to defeat calderon because all of his opponents target his head but since he's such a defensive genius, they miss more often than not. segura loves to go to the body and if he does it religiously from round one, calderon is going to slow down immensely and segura will be able to KO in the later rounds. if segura abandons calderon's body and tries to headhunt, he'll lose to calderon by decision like all of calderon's prior opponents. not only is this calderon's toughest fight in his career, he's going up against the hardest hitter he has ever faced. should be an interesting battle!
    Cazares is a bigger puncher than Segura and he's still going to be the toughest guy Calderon has fought after this fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

morales,

i forgot about hugo cazares. i was very surprised that cazares lost both times to calderon. that's why i say he, calderon, is an absolute defensive genius! but the thing is this, back when calderon beat cazares, he wasn't showing signs of aging like he is present day. that's why i think he's very vulnerable against segura. but if calderon does beat segura, it won't surprise me one bit because they guy is an absolute genius of a fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i didn't know this fight was on ppv but i'm definitely going to buy it. it's a great clash between two little titans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i didn't know this fight was on ppv but i'm definitely going to buy it. it's a great clash between two little titans.
    oh Segura is trained by Javier Capetillo (Margarito's former trainer) better watch those handwraps...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jolz,

stfu assbite! you don't know anything about boxing except of YOU KNOW WHO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jolz,

stfu assbite! you don't know anything about boxing except of YOU KNOW WHO!
    oh really?you are insinuating that all I know is MANNY PACQUIAO? If that is the case, why was I able to comment on other boxing topics? The joke is on you, all you know is NUTHUGGING Mexican fighters and CHEATER...need I say more?you are just a troll...

Your school should be ashamed for giving you a diploma...dumbass...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jolz,

all you and your people know is pacquiao, pacquiao, pacquiao and very little else. by the way, you seem to be very much on edge! why is that? gotta say that i don't blame you because if i had an itty bitty pecker like you i'd probably be pissed too. lol

Thread Information