Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default **SPOILER Grant- Adamek SPOILER**

Adamek won that fight , wasn't overly pretty at times tho. Took all the early rounds thru the 6th, Grant didn't do jack for the most part in those early rounds. Adamek lost a couple rounds and then basicaslly won the 10th ,and the 11th he took big, and was almost out on his feet in the 12th. Got cut above both eyes but fought through it and his corner did a nice job on the cuts. Judging from this fight tho I don't think Adamek stands a chance against wlad and I would think he'd be kod/tkod in the 6th or 7th. Vitali might be getting old any minute now and perhaps adamek would be quick enough to get in and out of vitali's jab, which isn't a hammer jab the same way wlad's his so it wouldn't do the same damage to adamek. Though if vitali is on his game I think he'd tko adamek into submission around the 9th. Although considering this is adamek's 4th fight at heavy he's looking pretty good and it's boxing so who knows what would really happen. I still think the best match up that could be made at heavy is adamek/haye.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **SPOILER Grant- Adamek SPOILER**

Adamek looked like shit IMO. He's fucked against Wlad and likely fucked against Vitali and Haye; I wouldn't pick him to beat any of them. I've never been sold on him as HW and he's simply too small for the division.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well like I said it wasn't overly pretty at times, and at times yes I agree he looked like shit, but most of the rounds I'd say he looked pretty good. Getting in doing some work and getting out without taking any shots. Yeah most likely he's fucked against wlad and vitali, against haye I'd give him a decent shot. they're about the same size, haye is a little quicker and got more pop, but probably has the weaker chin. I think it be an action packed exciting fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Well like I said it wasn't overly pretty at times, and at times yes I agree he looked like shit, but most of the rounds I'd say he looked pretty good. Getting in doing some work and getting out without taking any shots. Yeah most likely he's fucked against wlad and vitali, against haye I'd give him a decent shot. they're about the same size, haye is a little quicker and got more pop, but probably has the weaker chin. I think it be an action packed exciting fight.
    I don't think Adamek has the power to hurt Haye and I think that's why he'd lose. It's definitely a fight I'd be very interested in seeing though.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he looked alright. Won the early rounds easily. Had a rocky middle stanza and then found a second wind. The last round was dodgy for sure though. If it was a larger ring Adamek would have won that easier. Adamek also didn't need to work as hard as he did early on. At heavyweight he always seems to have spells where his stamina seems a bit off, so needs to work on that.

I give him a fair shot of beating Haye. Against Haye he won't need to be reaching so much to get his shots off and as far as I am concerned Haye is still untested at HW.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would give Adamek a decent shot of beating Haye, but not against the Klits. For the 1st 5-6 rounds he looked good, then the mid rounds looked like shit, then gutted out the last 2.

I'll give Adamek 1 thing, he can sure take a shot at HW.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He does take a good shot at heavy,especially for a guy that moved up from 175. Agree with ya bulldog his stamina is something to be worked on definitely. I think it's the main reason he had to gut out the 12th the way he did, grant wasn't fighting with much more fire than he did in the previous rounds, yet adamek seemed in much more dire straits. Fair points all around though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And people think he would stand a chance against my man, Valuev?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think Haye may sign to fight Adamek this week, and judging from how he struggled with Grant I think Haye will make easy work of him, stopping him in the middle rounds after a few knockdowns.

I just really hope it's not Audley.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Niko's Girl! View Post
    And people think he would stand a chance against my man, Valuev?
    This name is disturbing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    I still think Haye may sign to fight Adamek this week, and judging from how he struggled with Grant I think Haye will make easy work of him, stopping him in the middle rounds after a few knockdowns.

Mate behave!!!

David Haye - Boxer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

Mate behave!!!

David Haye - Boxer
    Although it does look likely he will sign to fight Audley, I am living in hope and I pay no attention to what it says on Boxrec. Although it is one of the most useful tools on the internet for us boxing fans their upcoming fights and p4p rankings are the most insane on the internet.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing for sure: Adamek has adamantium balls. I could easily see him beating Haye TBH, especially because Haye doesn't seem to have more stamina than him but I really just see a slaughter if he fights either of the K. At east, he delivers and he's not scare to take any challenge, props for that.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adamek looked fine....the guy won. I give him a decent shot against anyone not named klitchko, they both would beat him easy. It's definatly quite possible for him to beat haye, maybe not in a contest just talking about fighting and haye would win hands down in a t shirt making or stalking contest. But in the ring i'd give him a shot. Grant simply just cant box worth a shit.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know how's the situation with the fight's availability on the internet. If anything here are youtube movies with Polish commentary:
    TOMASZ ADAMEK vs MICHAEL GRANT

Thread Information