Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Danny Green to fight BJ Flores

Looks like the fight will take place in Perth, Australia on Nov 17 for the IBO cruiserweight title belt. Flores is a big guy and might pose some problems for Green if he can tag him. Green's conditioning might be a bonus for him if he can pressure the big fella. Should be worth a look.
    Green to fight unbeaten American - Other Sports - Fox Sports
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Danny Green to fight BJ Flores

BJ Flores is going to fight?!?!?! That's odd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a shame, was hoping for a rematch with Paul Briggs.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a bad fight this in truth, surprised Green isn't fighting the likes of Harold Bishop at the Lasaters complex.

BJ Flores has been used quite alot by David Haye for sparring in the last couple of years, I think Flores has a chance here he can take a dig for sure and will be the bigger man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Not a bad fight this in truth, surprised Green isn't fighting the likes of Harold Bishop at the Lasaters complex.

BJ Flores has been used quite alot by David Haye for sparring in the last couple of years, I think Flores has a chance here he can take a dig for sure and will be the bigger man.
    Lou Carpenter as referee. Helen Daniels, Jim and Paul Robinson as the judges. Defo.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have been scoffing ver Flores' career accomplishments for years now. JUst hearing him on him high horse on ESPN FNF, calling out no one... and fighting nobodies. He is so under accomplished.

But, I have never seen such an easier way for a fighter to propel himself to the top through the use of dodgy matchmaking than this. I can't wait to hear about he was the man who beat the man who ended JonesJrs career. I hope Flores is not taking himself too seriously. Sad thing is he will probably beat Green who is not a polished fighter in my eyes. This is merely a passing of the torch

Old American Adage applies to well to Flores: "If you can't run with the big dogs don't get off the porch." From what I can tell he's rather maintain the pristine record and fight bums going the distance
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    I have been scoffing ver Flores' career accomplishments for years now. JUst hearing him on him high horse on ESPN FNF, calling out no one... and fighting nobodies. He is so under accomplished.

But, I have never seen such an easier way for a fighter to propel himself to the top through the use of dodgy matchmaking than this. I can't wait to hear about he was the man who beat the man who ended JonesJrs career. I hope Flores is not taking himself too seriously. Sad thing is he will probably beat Green who is not a polished fighter in my eyes. This is merely a passing of the torch

Old American Adage applies to well to Flores: "If you can't run with the big dogs don't get off the porch." From what I can tell he's rather maintain the pristine record and fight bums going the distance
    Here's the thing, I agree its passed put-up-or-shut-up time for Flores, but at least this is a good step up in competition and a step in the right direction for his career. It's his own fault, but he'd be too green for Cunningham or Huck right now. A win here gets him a belt and some visibility. He moves from this to a big fight in Europe. Green wins and he beats his most credible opponent to date. Probably a good fight for both fighters.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 09-08-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight, BJ Flores is a solid technician type. Nothing flashy, can take a shot pretty good and has good ring generalship. Good boxer vs puncher fight. Flores is really untested and was in some trouble spots against Ding a ling man. If Wilson can catch him(slowest boxer ever), Green can, so it should be an entertaining fight. I think Flores will outpoint him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you might be underestimating Danny Green somewhat there. And calling him a bum is very disrespectful. I think this is a fight that could be good one to watch as the styles should make for plenty of action. But your well thought out and articulately penned argument has now made me change my mind. Thank god we have the americans to tell us all how to think in a reasoned and intelligent way. I forgot we were running with the "big dogs" here on the internet. But don't worry I've gotten off the porch (I was only whittling there anyway) and am hiding way down here from all you big dogs.........................
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bikersk View Post

I think you might be underestimating Danny Green somewhat there. And calling him a bum is very disrespectful. I think this is a fight that could be good one to watch as the styles should make for plenty of action. But your well thought out and articulately penned argument has now made me change my mind. Thank god we have the americans to tell us all how to think in a reasoned and intelligent way. I forgot we were running with the "big dogs" here on the internet. But don't worry I've gotten off the porch (I was only whittling there anyway) and am hiding way down here from all you big dogs.........................
    Think he was talking about previous guys on his record with the 'bum' comment. Flores' criticism is perplexing to me because he really isn't a bad guy but gets so much criticism for his desk work on ESPN. It's kind of nuts, he really hasn't done that much bad. I don't think he's a bad fighter, he's solid fundamentally and he doesn't waste much, just kind of solid all the way around. Buuuut for whatever reason he gets hated on bad.

I think I agree with Jonny that Green isn't a very polished boxer, as he has progressed it's almost like he's gotten more crude. Should be a fun fight, as was mentioned, Darnell Wilson tagged the dude pretty good time to time and Green will be pressing to do that the entire time.

I don't know, it'll be a fairly intriguing fight. I don't think the world of him but I definitely am not on the 'I Hate BJ Flores' bandwagon like almost everyone else seems to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is very strange...I was certain Flores had in his promotional contract that he does not face fighters who have scored KO wins..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Green strikes me as a guy who would really benefit from a 185-pound division. I don't think he is big enough for a real cruiserweight who enters the ring at 210. Green and Erdei are comparable in that respect really.

Thread Information