Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Booth v Molitor/ Wlad - Peter RBR

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Booth v Molitor/ Wlad - Peter RBR

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Well Peter screwed us again !!!

Sounds like he put up a valiant effort in taking an ass whipping but not much else.
    Sam Peter tried his damnedest...he was throwing for effect, but Wlad's punches just landed cleaner and Sam had to work harder for less. The only part where Sam didn't do any favors for himself was when HE instigated the clinches and didn't do work. If you want to beat or at least land cleanly vs Wlad you initiate the clinch, break it off, and let your hands go.

Wlad did a great job in there...I think letting off the gas a bit in the 4th allowed the fight to go longer, but hell you don't know how much someone else can take, you only know how much you can dish out and if Wlad took a rest that's fine by me given his history.

Sam Peter was in great shape moved his head well and really looked physically impressive in there, but he couldn't punch in combinations, and couldn't utilize angles. The better fighter won but big ups to Sam Peter for getting in the ring and giving it a great effort...it was a better effort than most have put up.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    The banging continues tonight at his house...

Hayden sitting there ringside ready for her beating next.
    I think she takes him out in 1 round.

Imagine Wlad pounding away at that little arse!!
    He doesn't stand a chance...

Probably something like this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watching Match Of The Day trying not to cry.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same here mate. Fucking Blackburn. The anti-football.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can see why the big broadcasters stateside don't want to get behind Wlad, he is just so frustrating to watch because of his caution. The finish was good, but suffering the 9 rounds before that just wasn't worth it. We've got to hope that the Haye fight gets made and Haye wins, otherwise it's going to be a case of waiting for V&W to retire before there's any real interest in the heavies again.

Also, the ref should have stopped it 15-20 seconds earlier, Peter's corner should have stopped it a round earlier too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    You lot and Newcastle let me down in me coupon today you bastards!!

Saying that though I had Burnely v Preston who were 3-1 down after 84 mins and won 4-3 suppose you win some you loose some.

Who is staying up for Morales Limond? Around 2am I think.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Sounds like he put up a valiant effort in taking an ass whipping but not much else.
    Sam Peter tried his damnedest...he was throwing for effect, but Wlad's punches just landed cleaner and Sam had to work harder for less. The only part where Sam didn't do any favors for himself was when HE instigated the clinches and didn't do work. If you want to beat or at least land cleanly vs Wlad you initiate the clinch, break it off, and let your hands go.

Wlad did a great job in there...I think letting off the gas a bit in the 4th allowed the fight to go longer, but hell you don't know how much someone else can take, you only know how much you can dish out and if Wlad took a rest that's fine by me given his history.

Sam Peter was in great shape moved his head well and really looked physically impressive in there, but he couldn't punch in combinations, and couldn't utilize angles. The better fighter won but big ups to Sam Peter for getting in the ring and giving it a great effort...it was a better effort than most have put up.
    Peter looked good-ish for about 90 seconds of round one. By round four he couldn't even swing his arms above Wlad's chest.

Please stop comparing Wlad to Lennox Lewis. Peter is nothing but a big lumbering static target. Lewis would have destroyed him inside two rounds.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a poor fight. Peter looked slow despite seemingly being in shape and had no fresh ideas when putting his head down and weaving slower than a 90 year old woman with a zimmer frame didn't work.

I had high expectations after the decent first round but by the 4th Wlad was in total control with no worries and as I predicted bored us all to death with his jab and grab cautious shit style rather than going for the finish against a very predictable opponent.

I lost out on £120 by one round after predicting a 9th round stoppage!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    You can see why the big broadcasters stateside don't want to get behind Wlad, he is just so frustrating to watch because of his caution. The finish was good, but suffering the 9 rounds before that just wasn't worth it. We've got to hope that the Haye fight gets made and Haye wins, otherwise it's going to be a case of waiting for V&W to retire before there's any real interest in the heavies again.

Also, the ref should have stopped it 15-20 seconds earlier, Peter's corner should have stopped it a round earlier too.
    Wlad is the first person to STOP Peter during a round and yet we just keep on complaining about how the guy gets to the KO....if Wlad was American HBO would be crazy for him, ESPN would never have gotten a chance of showing this fight and he'd pack the house every night (same goes for Chicken Little eventhough he's a gutless coward)...the problem is #1 They aren't American #2 They don't give in to media pressure to fight int he US #3 They won't make their fights later to be shown at a regular time here in the US and for all those reasons the networks don't like them....it has very little to do with how he fights, that's just a straw man argument because the guy gets the KO more times than not.

The fight could have been stopped at any point in time as Wlad let nothing bother him, getting hit low, getting held, getting hit late while he didn't have his hands up, and just getting hit with power shots...Wlad wasn't bothered by anything but the headmovement which was only a slight bother.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From round 4 or 5 on sam was the one doing the clinching, what the fuck. By round 7 or 8 wlad was trying to land on the inside, sam just wanted to hold on and not throw so as to not get hit. Pretty much how I thought the fight would go tho and ended rightabouts. I didn't think he was going to throw the kitchen sink and everything at peter in that last round, that was kind of nice he just decided to let it hang out. Manny needs to start getting pissed at wlad from round one on for not knocking someone out might see steamrolls like round 10 earlier.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saying that though I had Burnely v Preston who were 3-1 down after 84 mins and won 4-3 suppose you win some you loose some.

I'm thinking about it. Is there a stream?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think they will be as that new channel Premier? has picked it up and I watched the Fury bill on a stream last night and that was the Premier stream.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm shocked that our Canadian champ went over to the UK to defend his strap, fought a UK fighter, it was a close fight and the CANADIAN got the decision. Remarkable!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think they will be as that new channel Premier? has picked it up and I watched the Fury bill on a stream last night and that was the Premier stream.
    What was the quality like? I can't get any sound on my pc, so the picture would have to be quality.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Peter looked good-ish for about 90 seconds of round one. By round four he couldn't even swing his arms above Wlad's chest.

Please stop comparing Wlad to Lennox Lewis. Peter is nothing but a big lumbering static target. Lewis would have destroyed him inside two rounds.

Right right and Haye will have him out in 60 seconds. Not saying wlad would beat lewis but don't think this version of wlad gets knocked out in 2 rounds by anyone.

Thread Information